Dental Implants in Mexico City, Mexico
Are you frustrated wearing removable dentures or a missing tooth ruining your smile? Dental implants in Mexico City can get back your smile and confidence in your budget. This article will help you to plan your trip.
A dental implant is a strong and cosmetically attractive option for fixing tooth loss problems.
It is one of the expensive dental treatments in North America, costing thousands of dollars for just a single tooth.
But getting dental implants in Mexico City can save you a fortune.
What is the Cost of Dental Implants in Mexico City, Mexico?
Mexico City is one of the closest cities to visit for Americans. So, if you are from the US, you can save anywhere up to 55 to 85 % on tooth replacements.
To know how much dental implants cost in Mexico City, refer to the table below.
Dental Implants Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Titanium Implant (with abutment)||$5,000||$4,600||$750|
|All-on-4 (per jaw)||$24,000||$22,000||$10,900|
|All-on-6 (per jaw)||$28,000||$26,000||$13,900|
|All-on-8 (per jaw)||$35,000||$32,000||$15,900|
|Bone graft (full arch)||$3,000||$2,700||$1,070|
|Brands – Straumann, Ivoclar|
The price of treatment may change with the complexity of the case.
The above cost comparison table proves that Mexico City is a destination for cheap dental implants.
Also, you can get the same implant brands for a lesser price here.
So, what is the saving for dental implants in Mexico City compared to the US and Canada?
- The price of a single dental implant with an abutment in Mexico City is $750. The same in the US / Canada would cost you above $4,600, which is 85% costlier.
- The all on 4 dental implants cost around $10,900 in Mexico City, while it is above $24,000 in the US.
- You can also expect as much as 50% savings with full-mouth dental implants in Mexico City, without compromising on quality. The dental work in Mexico meets US standards. 
- Similarly, a zirconium implant or procedures like same-day implants in the United States cost above $5,000, whereas the equivalent in Mexico City is as low as $1,270.
- Even dental crowns in Mexico City cost just $480, a quarter of the US price.
Thus, dental implants in Mexico City are the best option for Americans and Canadians looking to save.
When they need more implants, the savings become considerable, even allowing for accommodation and flight expenses.
The low-cost dental implants are also available in Mexican cities like Cancun, Los Cabo, Nuevo Laredo, Merida, Los Algodones, Puerto Vallarta, Ciudad Juarez, and Tijuana.
Be wise & get implants at a low price!Save ~80%!
Why Have Dental Implants in Mexico City, Mexico?
- Dental implants in Mexico City are up to 80% less than in the US or Canada. Refer to cost table.
- Get fully guaranteed dental treatments in our partner clinic.
- Less cost of living and currency exchange value help in low-budget travel.
- All specialties under one roof. You get easy appointments & fast service with better results.
- The Mexican Capital City is accessible in few hours from the US and Canada. You can save on travel time & cost.
- An excellent choice for dental tourists requiring multiple visits for implants.
State-of-the-art Dental Care
- Treatment by highly experienced and English-speaking implant dentists with excellent patient safety records.
- Our partner dental implant clinics in Mexico City offer state-of-the-art facilities and international prosthetic brands.
- Treatments are safe in our partner clinics. They adhere to international sterilization protocol.
The Ultimate Guide to Dental Implants in Mexico City
Firstly, What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be thought of as a substitute for a natural tooth root. Made from titanium or zirconia, the implants can replace one or more missing teeth.
When Do you Need Dental Implants?
Here are 5 signs that could indicate you need teeth implants.
- A missing tooth or teeth
- A broken tooth or a severely cracked tooth
- Loose denture/bridge creating pain and discomfort
- An infected tooth requiring extraction
- Sunken-in facial appearance due to bone loss from missing teeth
Single Tooth Replacement
While there are plenty of options to fill a missing tooth, such as a partial denture or a fixed tooth bridge, implants are a good option for a long-lasting solution.
Applications of Dental Implants
Dental implants have become a successful treatment option for missing teeth.
Depending on the patient’s needs, the implant treatment may range from replacing a single missing tooth to restoring edentulous arches with severe bone resorption.
First, let’s briefly look at the applications of dental implants.
When you are missing a single tooth, you can replace it with one implant and a crown.
Anchors a Fixed Bridge
When you are missing multiple teeth, two or more implants can support a dental bridge.
Instead of your natural teeth supporting a bridge, implants serve the purpose.
When you miss all your teeth, replacing your full mouth with dental implants and a fixed bridge is possible.
Support Snap-on Dentures / Overdentures
By attaching dentures to the implants, you can get a more stable denture. Implant-supported dentures won’t shift or slip in your mouth.
This is especially true for lower dentures which tend to lack retention.
Dental Implant Techniques in Mexico City
The method of placing a dental implant is important in determining the chances of success of the procedure.
Your Mexico City dentist can suggest different implant techniques based on your jawbone health and specific needs.
The popular dental implant techniques are:
All on 4 Dental Implants in Mexico City
All-on-four dental implants help patients who have lost all their teeth.
With four implants in either of the jaws, they can regain a fully functioning jaw and mouth. They also get a stable denture with the fewest implants.
- Easy to maintain, immediate function
- Less invasive since four implants are inserted
- Avoid sinus lift, bone graft in most cases
Video Courtesy: All-on-4® treatment concept | Nobel Biocare
- Cost-effective compared to full mouth restoration with several single-implants
All on 6/8 Dental Implants
“All-on-6/8” are full-mouth restoration procedures performed in completely edentulous patients.
It involves placing 6 or 8 implants in the jawbone for a stable denture.
The All-on-6/8 technique is used when additional support is required.
All-on-6 dental implants
Zygomatic Dental Implants
Zygomatic implants are designed to replace teeth in the upper jaw.
These implants are placed in the cheekbone and ideal for patients who lack bone mass in the upper jaw.
The benefits of zygomatic implants include: 
- Less surgical than other dental implant treatments for extreme bone loss of the upper jaw
- Teeth extraction and implant placement are possible in a single visit
- An upper removable denture is eliminated
- Do not require bone grafting and sinus lift
- Less treatment cost and time
Same Day Dental Implants
Same-day implants are also known as Immediate load implants or teeth in a day.
With this procedure, you can get your implants and permanent teeth in a single visit.
The implants, as well as crowns/ bridges/dentures, are placed on the same day.
Although being a more time-efficient option, same day implants may have a lower success rate when compared to implants that are allowed to integrate prior to restoration.
- Single surgical procedure
- Instant teeth restoration and esthetics
- It saves time
- Bone graft is not necessary
- No need for temporary dentures during the healing time
Video Courtesy: Anterior Immediate placement of Dental Implant |
Osstem DenAll Singapore
Same-day implants are not suitable for all patients. The selection process is an important step of this treatment.
How Long Does it Take to Get Dental Implants in Mexico City?
There is usually a planning phase and an implant placement phase, followed by fixing the prosthetic once the implant has healed.
Watch this video to know how you get dental implants for your missing teeth. In general, two trips are required to complete the treatment:
- It involves x-rays, CT scans, consultation, and impressions.
- Tooth extractions and implant placement will also occur during this time.
- If the implant is placed at the same time as extraction, it is considered an immediate implant.
Video Courtesy: How Dentists Insert Dental Implants | Insider
- In some cases, the extraction and bone graft will be completed at the first visit, with the implant placed later during the same trip.
- Your 2nd trip will take place three to six months later.
- By this time, your bone and implant will fuse to provide a stable base for your crown.
- You will get your abutment and crown on this trip.
The total duration of the dental implant treatment depends on several factors like the strength of your jawbone, time taken by the bone to fuse with the implant, etc.
Most dental implant patients make a return trip after a few months.
One exception is the “same day implants,” which can be performed in a single visit in some cases.
Bone loss occurs when you fail to replace your missing teeth for a long-time. Wearing dentures for an extended period can also result in bone loss.
To support dental implants, the dentist performs some additional procedures. This helps to rebuild the bone.
The procedures include:
- The jaw bone is built with a bone graft material.
- The height, width, and depth of the bone increase with this procedure.
- Your jawbone loses its height when you miss replacing your upper back teeth for a long time.
- The dentist lifts the sinus membrane by placing the bone graft material below the sinus.
Benefits of Dental Implants
|Physical benefits||Medical benefits|
|Easier eating||Prevents bone loss|
|No embarrassing slippage as dentures||Improves the health of gums|
|Restore your smile||Preserve natural tooth tissue|
|Retain the natural shape of your face||Restore jawbone structure|
Patient Expectations to Dental Implants
According to the recent study,  the most concerning patient satisfaction aspects of dental implants are shown in the diagram below.
*Food Impaction – Forcing of food into spaces between teeth and gum by chewing or by tongue and cheek pressure.
Dental Implant Techniques – Success and Survival Rates
The dental implant’s success rate varies, depending on the implant technique, location of implant placement in the jaw, and surgeon’s skill.
With an excellent success rate of 98%, implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
Get to know the success and survival rates of different dental implant techniques from the table below.
Dental Implant Techniques – Success Rate and Survival Rate
|Dental Implant Technique||Success Rate||Survival Rate|
|All-on-4 (8,9)||91.7 – 93.9%||93 – 94.7% (13 years)|
|Zygomatic implants (10)||82 – 100%||97.8% (over 3 years)|
|Same-day implants (11)||93.3%||96.6% (over 1 year)|
|Mini dental implants (12)||88.4 – 95.8%||92.1% (over 12 years)|
References:  ,  ,  ,  , 
What are the Alternatives to Dental Implants in Mexico City?
Most patients find that dental implants are a good replacement for their teeth. However, implants are not always feasible for everyone.
Some patients may not be suitable candidates for implants. Jawbone density and other factors can also affect implant placement.
While this may be the case, luckily, there are other options to remedy a missing tooth.
Here are some missing tooth replacement options when an implant is not possible.
- Tooth Supported Bridge
- Removable Partial Denture
- Removable Complete Denture
- A Resin-bonded Bridge or Maryland Bridge for front teeth
Explore All Teeth Replacement Options
How best you replace your missing teeth is an important factor.
For additional care, your dentist may refer you to a specialist. Some of the dental specialists who place implants are:
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeon: Performs dental surgery and treatment of the entire oral cavity including, face and neck.
- Prosthodontist: Performs restoration and replacement of teeth.
- Periodontist: Treats gum diseases.
Always, talk to your dentist to find out which teeth replacement option will suit best for you – implants, removable partial denture, or a fixed bridge.
Best Dental Implants Clinic in Mexico City
Ideal Dental Center in Mexico City has been providing high-quality dental care for more than 30 years.
The clinic caters to the whole family’s dental needs by offering all specialties under one roof.
The team is highly skilled and is affiliated with international dental associations.
Ideal Dental Center
- Convenient location: 8 mins drive from Mexico City airport (MEX)
- State-of-the-art dental clinic
- Treatment by highly trained and certified dental implant dentists
- Adopt ISO 9001 sterilization protocols for high-quality, safe treatments
- Fully guaranteed treatments
- Pain-free dentistry with less bleeding
- Personalized treatments for more successful outcomes
- Flexible appointments
- Multiple payment options
Best Dental Implant Dentist in Mexico City (CDMX), Mexico
EducationUniversidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- Maxillofacial Surgery Degree
- Specialty Degree in Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration
Avail a FREE consultation with Mexican dentists!Book now!
Are Dental Implants in Mexico City, Mexico Safe?
Yes, dental tourism in Mexico City is safe.
After a careful analysis of the hygiene conditions prevailing in the city, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has issued the “Safe Travels” stamp to Mexico City. 
Also, our partner clinic in Mexico City adopts the highest safety and sterilization protocols for safe treatments.
Check out the video to know how they maintain the set standard of sterilization.
Sensitization of Mexico City Dental Clinic | COVID FREE Clinic
How to Reach Mexico City, Mexico
The easiest way to reach Mexico City is to travel from El Paso, Texas.
- By car: The total estimated driving time from El Paso to Mexico City is 20 hours, excluding the border crossing time.
- By bus: Traveling by bus will take at least 24 hours. Greyhound offers service between El Paso and Mexico City.
- By plane: Flying will be the most convenient and quickest travel option for your trip. Mexico City’s busiest airport Benito Juárez International Airport (MEX) receives flights from many international destinations.
Nonstop flying times from major metropolitan airports to Mexico City Airport (MEX) are listed below.
|Atlanta (ATL)||3 hr 30 min|
|Chicago (ORD)||4 hr 10 min|
|Houston (IAH)||2 hr 15 min|
|Miami (MIA)||3 hr 23 min|
|New York (JFK)||5 hr|
|Toronto (YYZ)||4 hr 50 min|
|Vancouver (YVR)||5 hr 25 min|
Dental Implants Mexico City – Verified Patient Reviews
Mexico City offers you an economical solution to your teeth replacement needs.
DentaVacation can help in planning your trip for dental implants in Mexico City, Mexico.
To connect with our quality-checked dentists, fill out this request form and get a free quote!
In Mexico City, Mexico, you can expect to pay:
- $10,900 for the single arch all-on-4 procedure
- $750 for an implant with an abutment
- $480 for a dental crown
Refer to the cost table above to know Mexico City dental implant cost in 2021.
The clinic recommends Congreso MX hotel for your easy and comfortable stay. The hotel is 5 minutes drive from the clinic.
The dental clinic in Mexico City accepts cash, cards, and wire transfer.
Yes, the staff and dentists at the clinic speak English and Spanish.
Although dental implants are modern, they are still artificial replacements.
Thus, they need to be taken care of just like your natural teeth. Here are a few points to note:
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing followed by a water flosser.
- Do not bite bottle caps with implant crowns.
- Avoid tough foods directly on the implant crown.
- Avoid sticky items like sticky candy or chewing gums. The crown part may come out over some time.
- Visit your dentist for regular cleanings and check-ups.