What To Expect From Getting Dental Implants in Mexico?
Getting dental implants is costly for uninsured people. It’s one of those life situations that many put off until there are not many options. Getting dental implants in Mexico is a viable and affordable choice with proper research.
You can save up to $10k, depending on how many implants you need in total.
Patient Testimonial – Dental Implants in Mexico
Naturally, those interested in getting dental implants will have a myriad of questions before hopping on the next plane to Mexico.
How much can I save? Will I be safe in Mexico?
Can I trust the dental clinics in Mexico? What are the best Mexican cities to get dental implants?
Find all the answers in this article!
Why Choose Dental Implants in Mexico?
Medical tourism is a profitable business in Mexico, with revenue of $23 billion.
Every year, around 1.2 million people go to Mexico for medical treatments. 
Why do many people get dental implants in Mexico? Here are the eight reasons:
Benefits of Dental Implants in Mexico
Affordability | 50-70% Cheaper
Getting dental implants in Mexico can be up to 50 – 70% less. Prices are reduced due to the low cost of living & operating costs in Mexico compared to the US. 
High-quality | Top Implant Brands
Our clinics use the best dental implants in the market. Available brands include Nobel Biocare, Straumann, and Osstem.
No Language Barrier | Ease of Communication
Dentists in Mexico cater to both local and international patients. To provide the best patient experience, they speak English fluently.
Advanced Technology | Safer & Faster Treatments
To rival western countries like the US and Canada, dental clinics in Mexico use state-of-the-art technology such as Digital X-rays, CEREC, and CT scans.
Proximal Location | Easy Travel
Mexico borders the United States from Texas to California. So you can drive or book a short flight to your closest destination.
Flexible Appointments | No Waiting Times
Booking appointments with a dental clinic in Mexico is easy. The clinic will most likely adjust its availability to your schedule.
Experienced Dentists | You Are in Safe Hands
Dentists in Mexico are as qualified as those in the US.
Most of our dentists are trained in the US. They are also active members of international and US-based dentistry organizations.
Tourist Location | Enjoy a Vacation
You’ll treat yourself to a relaxing vacation in the 7th most-visited country in 2019  with its renowned resorts and rich nature.
To know about well-recognized, qualified, and licensed dentists in Mexico or get a free quote, fill out our request information form.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Mexico?
The cost of a dental implant in Mexico starts at around $650 (titanium). Meanwhile, zirconia dental implants cost in Mexico is about $1,270.
Contrastingly, the cost of titanium and zirconia dental implants in the US and Canada is the following:
- Titanium: $5,000 (US) – $4,600 (Canada)
- Zirconia: $6,000 (US) – $5,500 (Canada)
A bone graft can cost about $400 in Mexico, while more than $1,600 in the US.
So, when looking at the dental implant cost in Mexico vs. the USA, you can save between 47 – 77%.
After comparing 600 dental clinics from all around Mexico, these are the average prices.
You will notice that dental implants in Mexico are very affordable.
Dental Implants Cost Comparison – US vs. Canada vs. Mexico
|Titanium implant + Abutment + Crown||$8,000||$7,200||$1,650|
|Titanium implant + abutment||$6,000||$5,500||$750|
|Titanium implant only||$5,000||$4,600||$650|
|All-on-4 (per jaw)||$24,000||$22,000||$4,900|
|All-on-6 (per jaw)||$28,000||$26,000||$6,600|
|All-on-8 (per jaw)||$35,000||$32,000||$8,300|
|Same-day implant + crown||$5,000||$4,600||$1,230|
|Snap-on denture (2 – 4 implants)||$8,500||$8,200||$2,000|
|Bone Graft (per unit)||$1,600||$1,470||$400|
|Sinus Lift (starts from)||$3,600||$3,300||$650|
Price may change according to the complexity of a case & the implant brand used.
Dental Implants Cost in Mexico vs. the USA
When comparing the dental implant cost in Mexico vs. the USA, you will find 60 – 80% savings.
In the US, implants are billed separately from the required restorations (abutments and crowns).
This racks up the total price to upward $8,000.
In Mexico, getting an implant with the abutment and the crown is as affordable as $1,650.
That’s less than getting a single titanium implant alone without restoration in the US.
Listen to Rosemary, who talks about her dental implant experience in Los Algodones, Mexico.
She is highly impressed with the stress-free treatment, safe environment, & low-cost dental implants.
Cost-effective Dental Implants in Mexico
Looking for quality & affordable dental work?Get a free quote!
Top 14 Mexican Cities for Dental Implants
Finding a suitable clinic to get your dental implant surgery done can be challenging. 2000+ dental clinics offer them.
Therefore, to spare you the grunt work, we’ve compiled a list of the top implant clinics in Mexico based on their features.
The top Mexican cities for dental implants fall into two categories:
- US-Mexico border cities
- Resort cities overlooking the ocean
1. US-Mexico Border Cities for Affordable Dental Implants
The Molar City lives up to its name with over 300 established dental clinics. 
Los Algodones is about 10 miles away from Yuma, Arizona, making it easy to drive across the border.
Los Algodones, Mexico
California residents can get affordable full-mouth dental implants in Tijuana due to its location.
Despite being a border city, Tijuana overlooks the ocean. So, you can enjoy its close proximity to the US and its beachside.
If you’re looking for affordable dental implants in Mexico near the Texas border, look no further than Nuevo Laredo. It’s a 17-minute drive.
The city is known for its economic reliance on international trade.
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Nogales is another border city. A short 12-minute drive away from Nogales, AZ makes it an easy trip.
Tucson, Arivaca, Sierra Vista, and Miracle Valley are other cities in AZ that are a short drive away.
This Mexican city neighbors El Paso, Texas, and is only a 20-minute drive.
Juarez is the second-largest urban sprawl (large network of binational urban communities). 
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
For those living in Southern California, Mexicali is just a short drive away.
There are two ports of entry from Calexico, California, to Mexicali — an east and west port of entry.
2. Resort Cities Overlooking the Ocean
Cancun is known to be a beach-side vacation destination. This makes it a great choice to showcase your new smile at a resort by the sea.
If you’ve ever wondered what the Caribbean sea charm looks like, look no further than Playa del Carmen. It’s also close to Cancun Airport (CUN).
Cabo is another famous vacation destination. Unlike Playa del Carmen and Cancun, it’s closer to the US. If you’re a fan of marine life, this city is for you.
Puerto Vallarta is located in the west-central area of Mexico, overlooking the Pacific Coast. Reportedly, 2% of its population are expats. 
Mexico City is the 5th highest populated city in the world,  so you can expect a functional public transportation system  to get you wherever you want.
Palace of Fine Arts
Merida offers more than beautiful resorts. Here you can visit the city’s archaeological sites dating back to the Mayan civilization. 
This city is popular with medical tourists from Texas, Arizona, and California.
It is yet another beautiful resort city in Mexico with a solid medical infrastructure. 
Ajijic became the newest “magical town” in Mexico,  a testament to its beauty and touristic allure.
The city also has one of Mexico’s largest US expat communities. 
Top Clinics in Mexico
- With 36+ years in business, this clinic’s efforts to provide the best dental care and customer service possible has paid off.
- Sani uses some of the best dental implants brands such as Nobel Biocare, Straumann, and MIS.
- They have an on-site laboratory, which saves significant time.
- Plus, they offer a 5-year warranty on all dental procedures.
- Dental Brush follows sanitary protocols recommended by the major federal agencies, such as:
- The clinic is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Established in 1991, Smile builders is a dental center of excellence and human care in Tijuana.
- The dentists here have decades of experience delivering top-quality treatments and after-care services.
- Along with the most advanced technologies, they offer world-renowned implant brands such as:
- Nobel Biocare
- MIS, and DIO implants
- Laredo Smile Center is an excellent choice for Texans due to its close proximity to the state border.
- The dentists here are highly experienced and have national accreditations.
- They also offer a five year warranty for dental treatments.
- The clinic uses the latest diagnostic equipment and Hiossen implants, a world-renowned brand.
- Suppose you live in the Southern region of Arizona and prefer quick trips to an affordable dentist.
- In that case, the clinic offers free pickup and dropoff services to and from the US-Mexico border.
- Invo Dental has an in-house lab for quick and efficient dental treatments.
- It is located close to the El Paso, TX border; the hotel zone is half a mile from the clinic’s location.
- If complications arise after the treatment, they provide free consultation/re-treatments.
- RamLanz is one of the best clinics in Mexicali, with 39+ years of experience.
- They use advanced technologies such as:
- Intraoral cameras
- Digital intraoral X-ray sensors
- LED curing light
- The clinic currently has eight national and international certifications from highly-recognized dental associations such as:
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
Dentaris is one of the most established and respected dental clinics in Quintana Roo. It is a center of dental excellence in Cancun.
With more than 35 years of operation, they have clinics in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
- This state-of-the-art clinic holds certifications with several international organizations, which includes:
- ADA, AAID
- AACD, ICOI, IAOMS
Established in 1985, Sani Dental Group operates at two branches; one in Los Algodones and another in Playa del Carmen.
Awards and accreditations include:
- BBB, ADA, MTA
- Global Clinic Rating (GCR) international accreditation.
- The clinic makes use of 3 key technologies for the best quality and precise treatments:
- 3D CBCT X-Ray
- Intraoral scanners
- CAD/CAM technology
- Here you can get world-renowned brands such as Nobel Biocare and Straumann.
- If you’re looking for the quickest procedure possible for dental implants, Dental Solutions can make it happen with immediate-load implants.
- The clinic uses Straumann dental implants.
- The clinic has been providing top-notch dental services in Puerto Vallarta for more than 20 years.
- Their least invasive and most economical packages will give you a dental experience like never before.
- In addition to the state-of-the-art facility, you can get Nobel Biocare & Straumann implants here.
- Ideal Dental Center is devoted to providing the utmost care to its patients.
- This is seen through their continuous efforts to remain COVID-19 free by following proper CDC infection control guidelines.
- Not only that, the clinic uses state-of-the-art technology such as:
- Dentsply, Sirona CAD-CAM
- 3d cone beam imaging, and
- Biolase Waterlaser
- The clinic uses Straumann dental implants.
- Considered a new clinic compared to the others on the list (established in 2010), Whiteline Dental Clinic competes with the rest by:
- Employing State-of-the-art technology
- Offering single-day implants
- Flexible dental appointments
- Dentistas Teran is the oldest and most established clinic on our list, with 50+ years of experience.
- The clinic utilizes multiple sterilization techniques that comply with international standards.
- They also provide free pickup and dropoff services.
- Dr. Angelica Aldana’s clinic is renowned in the Chapala region for catering to international and local patients.
- The staff is multilingual and will help you fill out the necessary insurance paperwork.
ExpertiseDental Implants and Surgeries
EducationUniversity of Medical Sciences of Pinar del Rio
- Clinical Cranio Maxillofacial Division of the AO Foundation
- Mexican Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
EducationUniversity Michoacána de San Nicholas
- Mexican Board Certified Dentist
- Member of Mexican Dental Association
ExpertiseOral and maxillofacial surgeries, implants
EducationAutonomous University of Baja California
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of Baja California
EducationUniversity of Nuevo León
- Specialization in Implantology
- Member of the Mexican Association for Interdisciplinary Aesthetic Practice
EducationUniversidad Autonoma de Baja California
- Specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Mexican Council of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
ExpertiseAligners, Braces, Implants
EducationThe Autonomous University of Ciudad Juárez
- Specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- International Team for Implantology
EducationUNAM Mexico D.F.
- Straumann pure Protocol, Ceramic Implant Uses
- Types of Prosthesis for Rehabilitation.
ExpertiseComplex Restorative cases & Full Mouth Restorations
EducationUniversidad Autónoma de México
- American Dental Association Member
- Michigan School of Dentistry, Michigan Dental Association
ExpertiseDental Implants & Prosthetics
EducationUniversidad Tecnológica de México
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Periodontics & Implantology
- International Team Of Implantology (ITI)
- The Park Dental Research Corporation Implant Center
- The Implant Prosthodontic Section of the ICOI
ExpertiseOral and aesthetic rehabilitation
EducationLa Universidad De Guadalajara
- Oral and aesthetic rehabilitation
- Modern digital tools and computer-aided systems
EducationUniversity of Guadalajara
- Prosthodontics, Cosmetic dentistry, and Restorative dentistry
- Active member of the Mexican Endodontics Graduates Association.
EducationUniversidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration
- Orthodontics and maxillofacial procedures
- Member of the American Dental Association
EducationThe Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon
- Mexican Council of Orthodontics
- Member of the Mexican Association of Orthodontics
ExpertiseFull Mouth Reconstruction and Dentures
EducationUniversidad El Bosque
- Specialization in Periodontics
- College of Dentists of Chapala
Speak to a dentist & clear your doubtsContact clinic!
Patient Reviews for Dental Implants in Mexico
All on 4 dental implants Mexico review
Dental implants in Nogales, Mexico
Zygomatic implants in Los Algodones
Dental implants in Merida, Mexico
All About Dental Implants in Mexico
What Are Dental Implants?
If you’re missing one or a few teeth, you’re presented with a couple of options.
Dental implants are the most expensive yet the best long-term solution for missing teeth. 
They can be made from titanium or zirconia and are surgically placed — under anesthesia — into your jawbone.
Since the procedure of getting dental implants needs to be assessed thoroughly and tailored to each person specifically, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach.
You may require two separate trips. It can be done in one trip but is case-dependent. The process includes:
On the first visit, the dentist will perform a series of x-rays and take an impression of your mouth.
If the tooth/teeth in question are damaged, you might need an extraction.
Alternatively, some clinics accept X-ray scans done in the US. Just make sure they are not older than six months.
If the dentist determines you have enough bone surrounding the area, you will undergo the procedure without a bone graft, sinus lift, or ridge expansion.
Even though the procedure isn’t complete, you will leave with a temporary set of teeth that will work until the next trip.
Healing Time – Back Home
Your second visit will occur several months later when the jawbone fuses with the implant, healing completely.
The actual time needed for this to happen differs from one person to another.
But your dentist will give you the approximate time frame to organize your flights and accommodation.
Once your dentist determines your implant is stable enough, a dental abutment is placed on it to serve as a connector to the crown.
In some cases, the abutment will be placed at the same time as the implant, but these cases are very rare, so talk through your options with your dentist.
The last step involves attaching a permanent crown to the abutment, after which the full procedure is done.
If you need more implants than one, a bridge of 4 or 6 is created to connect your entire side arch.
Additional Information About Dental Implants Procedure in Mexico
- When can I go to work after implant surgery?
You can go back to work whenever you feel confident that you can.
Your dentist’s recommendation will vary depending on how extensive/invasive your entire procedure will be.
Usually, you may need a day or two off for minimally invasive procedures (e.g., bone graft).
You may need up to a week for lengthy and complex procedures (e.g., full-mouth restoration).
- How many trips to Mexico will I need for my dental implants?
Should everything go without any complications, you’ll need two visits to Mexico.
You’ll undergo the dental implant procedure during the first trip.
During the second trip (a few months later), your dentist will place the crowns.
For same-day implants, you may require a single trip ( 2 to 3 appointments), depending on your case.
Types of Dental Implants
Zirconia vs. Titanium Dental Implants
When getting dental implants in Mexico, there are a few different options. Depending on the material, you can get zirconia or titanium dental implants:
|Zirconia Dental Implants||Titanium Dental Implants|
Zygoma Dental Implants
Zygoma dental implants are created for those with less stable bone tissue and placed in a different bone than traditional implants.
They avoid bone grafting and sinus lift procedures.
You can get zygoma dental implants in Mexico for an affordable price.
It can anchor one or more teeth on one side or both sides, retaining some teeth.
So ask your dentist for all available options if your bone tissue isn’t viable for a regular dental implant.
The zygoma dental implant is more affordable, done in a single visit, but cannot replace one tooth. Your dentist will give you the best options, depending on your situation.
Zygoma Dental Implants vs. Sinus Lift / Bone Graft
A Sinus Lift/ Bone Graft is needed when the maxillary sinus is too close to the implant site and more bone is needed to stabilize the implant.
Other times, there isn’t enough bone to begin with so a bone graft is needed.
A sinus lift/bone graft takes a lot longer to heal and fuse.
Full-Mouth Dental Implants in Mexico
The total cost for a full-mouth restoration depends on the number of dental implants needed in each jaw.
The number of implants needed per jaw usually goes from 2-8, depending on:
- Bone density
- Bone thickness, and
- Implant strength
All on 8 Implants
Your dentist will tell you the optimal solution for your situation.
The more implants you need, the higher the price, but your dentist can create a budget-friendly package.
Consider talking about your budget with the dentist, and you’ll figure out a treatment plan that works for you and your needs.
Full-Mouth Restoration vs. All-On-4
The all-on-4 dental implant procedure is a unique system that replaces a full set of upper teeth, lower teeth, or both with only four implants per arch.
It achieves minimal use of implants by strategically positioning each of the four implants within the jawbone so that they can support one or two sets of dentures for a completely restored dental function.
On the other hand, a traditional, full-mouth restoration may require as many as ten dental implants per arch, but this procedure is also more versatile and may be paired with:
- Dental crowns to replace individual teeth
- Dental bridges to replace multiple teeth
- Implant-supported dentures to replace a full set of teeth.
In some cases, the procedure can be more invasive than a traditional full-mouth restoration, as its protocol may require removing good teeth from the jaw.
Dental implant aftercare is split into two categories:
Short-term Care (2 weeks)
- Eat after anesthesia
- No pressure on implant site
- Soft foods for 24 hours
- No exercise for 48 hours
- Stop smoking
Long-term Care (Lifetime)
- Schedule regular check-ups
- Practice dental hygiene
- Rely on a healthy diet
- Avoid sticky food
- Avoid smoking
For more dental implant aftercare tips, click here.
How to Get to Mexico?
You can drive down to Baja California, Tamaulipas, Sonora, or Chihuahua if you live near the border and cut your expenses.
Here are the most economical ways to travel to Mexico:
For short drives from US cities:
- Otay Mesa, CA to Tijuana, Baja California
- Calexico, CA to Mexicali, Baja California
- Andrade, CA to Los Algodones, Baja California
- Nogales, Arizona to Nogales, Sonora
- El Paso, TX to Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua
- Laredo, TX to NL, Tamaulipas
Traveling to Mexico is easy, with many low-cost flights available daily from every US or Mexican airline.
For short, cheap, direct flights, book a plane ticket from the following cities:
- San Antonio, TX; Albuquerque and Santa Fe, MX; Phoenix, AZ, and Los Angeles, CA.
If you’re flying from Canada, the best options are:
- Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON; Regina, SK; and Winnipeg, MB.
📃| Visa Procedure
A visa is not required for stays shorter than 180 days for US and Canadian citizens. 
However, you will need a valid passport and a Multiple Immigration Form (FMM) that you can get online.
Make sure to keep the FMM because you will be asked to present it when you leave Mexico. If you lose it, you’ll have to pay a fine.
🧳| Travel Tips
Mexico’s currency is the Mexican peso. $1 = 20.36 Mexican peso
Other important tips
Tap water in Mexico is not a safe option, and vendors will take advantage of tourists by selling overpriced bottled water.
You can take a personal bottle of water with a travel-grade filter.
Being such a respectable touristic attraction — ranked 6th worldwide in 2017 by UNWTO  — treat your Mexican dental trip as a vacation.
Spend some time at one of their resorts, soaking up the sun and showing off your new dazzling smile as you relax your body & mind.
It’s no wonder, then, that medical & dental tourism in Mexico is at an all-time high.
You will require a minimum of two trips to complete the treatment.
Therefore, you should plan them out with your vacation days to get the best of both worlds.
Is It Safe to Get Dental Implants in Mexico?
One of the questions people ask is whether or not it’s safe to get their dental implants in Mexico.
A bad doctor experience or procedure failure can happen anywhere, no matter the country.
However, in general, there’s no need to feel unsafe in Mexico.
Just like you would in the States, it’s essential to check if the clinic you’re going to has the required:
- Licenses & accreditations
- Patient reviews & testimonials
Mexico’s tourism brings it to the top of vacation-friendly countries. 
Therefore, it is very advanced in medical and dental tourism, with many dentists collaborating with those from the US
But, as always, do your research before you decide to travel for any medical procedure. Here are a few things to look for:
- Credible online reviews
- Years of experience
- International standards of sterilization
- Multilingual staff
Getting affordable dental implants in Mexico is easy and accessible.
From all the 2000+ dental clinics, we distilled it down to the top 14 that respond to your different needs – location proximity, types of activities for tourists, etc.
Please, reach out to us if you need a free quote – we’d be happy to help!
Full-mouth dental implants in Mexico cost as low as $4,900. In contrast, the cost of a full-mouth restoration in the US and Canada is, respectively, $24,000 and $22,000.
When you do the math, you get between 70 – 80% savings. The price may vary with the brand of implants used.
Unfortunately, most — if not all — insurance companies won’t cover dental implants in another country.
However, make sure to talk to your insurance company. Afterward, ask the clinic about their policy when handling insurance documents.
Some dental clinics offer guarantees while others don’t. Most of our clinics provide from 2 to 10 years warranty with terms and conditions applied.
So, we recommend asking the clinic beforehand.
Dental implants from Mexico can last up to 20 years. On average, the survival rate for dental implants is around 97% after ten years. 
Keep in mind that your implant’s survival rate depends on multiple factors, which include: 
- Your age
- Your jawbone structure and thickness
- Whether you smoke or not, etc.
Yes, it is safe to get tooth implants in Mexico. Despite the skepticism you may have about cost savings, dentists in Mexico are as qualified and have a good amount of experience under their belts.
However, bad experiences and mishaps happen everywhere. Therefore, you should choose your dentist/clinic carefully.
Reviews will help you through your selection process. Just make sure to distinguish between fake and real reviews.
In terms of general safety, rest assured that our clinics are thoroughly researched and are located in safe neighborhoods.
The average cost of dental implants in Mexico can be up to 50 – 70% cheaper than in the US.
This difference is the lower cost of living in Mexico and lower education, training, and labor costs.
Education costs, specifically, play a huge role in price differences.
Reports from The ADEA estimated that the average debt per dental school graduate in 2020 was $304,824,  up from $55,000 in 1990. 
For Mexican dental students, their education is subsidized by the Mexican government. This debt disparity explains the difference in dental implant costs in Mexico vs. the USA.
India and Croatia are good starting points if you’re looking for the cheapest country for dental implants.
If you’re looking for the cheapest dental trip possible, you should choose a destination that’s near you.
For example, people from the United Kingdom should pick Croatia or Hungary since they’re the closest possible.
Other notable countries where you can get the best dental implants are:
- Costa Rica