For a person with missing teeth speaking and chewing food can be quite distressing – leave alone the embarrassment caused by the gaps in the teeth. However, there are affordable fixes to missing teeth – getting dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico! And if you happen to be an American, all you have to do is engage in a few hours of travel to Mexico for te eth implants.
As per the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, nearly 108 million Americans don’t have dental insurance coverage. And with the rising healthcare costs in the US striking as a double whammy, it becomes all the more practical to turn south to get dental implants in Tijuana, where these cost fairly lower.
Cost of Dental Implants in Mexico
- The reason why the cost of dental implants in Mexico is lower than the prices charged in the US is because of cheaper cost of living and lower overheads in the Latin American country.
- The dentists in the States have to manage steep overheads in terms of higher employee salaries and rent.
- They also need to pay very high malpractice insurance rates. Therefore, the dental procedures in the US cost more than in Mexico.
- Dental tourism in Mexico has helped many Americans get their glorious smile back without shelling out much.
Getting Dental Implants in Tijuana, Mexico – Advantages
- As mentioned earlier, the cost of teeth implants in Tijuana, Mexico is very low. The prices for dental implants in Tijuana can be a fourth of the rates charged in the United States and Canada.
- You will be spoiled for choice as there are a number of state-of-the-art hospitals and dental clinics in Tijuana.
- The renowned hospitals and clinics in Tijuana are equipped with the most advanced dental tools and employ the latest techniques to treat their patients.
- You can easily find board certified dentists for your dental work in Tijuana. Many top dentists in Tijuana have received their education from prominent medical schools in the United States.
- You can dismiss your apprehensions regarding facing problems in communicating with your doctor. Majority of the reputable clinics in Tijuana have English-speaking dentists and support staff.
- Tijuana’s proximity to the United States is an added bonus. The Mexican border town is a mere 17 miles from San Diego in California.
- How about combining dental care with vacationing? You can enjoy the numerous tourist attractions of the city.
- Take a walk down Avenida Revolución to get a feel of the city.
- Watch your favorite celeb immortalized as a waxwork at the Museo de Cera de Tijuana (Tijuana Wax Museum).
- Steel yourself for a bullfight in the El Toreo arena.
- Shop till you drop in the bustling markets of the city.
- Sample the delectable local cuisine (before your dental work, of course!) – after all Tijuana is where the famed Caeser salad was invented!
Dental Implants in Tijuana – Travel Requirements
For US citizens, entering Tijuana can be quite simple. Below are some typical travel requirements:
- US citizens do not require a visa if they are entering Mexico by land and are going to stay within the “border zone” (about 20 to 30 kilometers from the US border into Mexico) for less than 72 hours.
- US citizens are required to carry a proof of citizenship. A passport or any other type of identity proof issued by the American government would suffice.
- Americans traveling to the areas beyond the border zone or staying for more than 72 hours need to carry a passport with a tourist visa.
- Non-US citizens must carry a valid passport with proper visas.
Finding the Best Dentist in Tijuana, Mexico – Some Tips
- In order to avoid falling for shoddy dental work in Tijuana, Mexico, you should try to find a board-certified dentist.
- To find the best dentist in Tijuana, Mexico, you should thoroughly check the credentials of all the dentists on your list.
- Inquire about their specialties, educational background and experience as well as ask for some references.
- The Internet is a good source to find patient testimonies and feedback. Start up a discussion on getting teeth implants in Tijuana on a dental forum and you’ll find handy suggestions trickling in.
If you do not mind hopping borders to get your missing teeth replaced, you may consider getting dental implants in Tijuana, where low cost dental treatments are offered without cutting corners on quality.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.