Although dental implants offer one of the most realistic looking prosthetic options for replacing missing teeth, the procedure can cost thousands of dollars in the US, Canada, the UK and other First World countries. To offset the cost, many patients travel to foreign destinations for discount dental work. This is one reason dental implants in Puerto Vallarta, a Mexican resort city also known as PV or simply Vallarta, are becoming a popular choice.
Puerto Vallarta, located on Mexico’s thriving western coast, is a popular travel destination. It is also home to some of the best cosmetic dental practices available in Mexico. Getting dental implants in Mexico comes with the additional benefit of giving one a chance to indulge in some sightseeing. The country is well known as a travelers’ paradise, so it only makes sense that patients would want to visit this sunny locale for their treatment.
Dental Implants Explained
- For patients who have teeth that are damaged beyond repair or who lose teeth due to injury or illness, getting dental implants is often the best option.
- Dental implants are artificial tooth roots often made of titanium and are affixed with dental crowns.
- As per the study “The effectiveness of immediate, early, and conventional loading of dental implants: a Cochrane systematic review of randomized controlled clinical trials” by M Esposito, MG Grusovin, et al, published in the Nov-Dec 2007 edition of The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, teeth implants have a success rate of about 95%.
Why Go for Dental Implants in Puerto Vallarta?
- You can get low cost dental implants in Puerto Vallarta. If you have shrunken jaws you may also want to consider affordable upper and lower jaw bone grafting in Mexico before getting dental implants. In fact, costs of dental treatments in Puerto Vallarta are on an average 40%-60% cheaper than in the United States.
- That could add up to be thousands of dollars of savings, depending on the type of treatment you get.
- The good dental implant clinics in Puerto Vallarta have the same state of the art technology and the same high standards for treatment as can be found in the US and Canada. Patients can plan their trips with confidence.
- Reputable dental clinics in Puerto Vallarta have bi-lingual staff, thereby minimizing communication barriers.
- On top of it, there is no real difference between renowned dentists in Puerto Vallarta and their counterparts in the developed countries of North American and West Europe in terms of competence and experience.
- No waiting period is an added advantage of getting teeth implants in Puerto Vallarta.
- Another upside to getting discount dental implants in Puerto Vallarta is the chance to combine dental care with vacationing.
- Sunny beaches and beautiful five-star resorts line the coastline, and a host of activities give tourists a wide range of things of do.
Dental Implants Prices in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Just as with any treatment, the cost of teeth implants in Puerto Vallarta too will vary based on the implantologist and the dental center involved.
- Patients who need more extensive work can expect to pay more than those who need only a few replacements.
- All in all, one can expect to pay thousands less by seeing dental implant specialists in Puerto Vallarta than in the United States.
Dental Work in Puerto Vallarta – Some Handy Tips
- A good way to dispel doubts over getting implants or dental crowns in Mexico in general, and in Puerto Vallarta in particular is to arrange to have consultations with potential dental care providers prior to having the treatment.
- Patients should also speak with their insurance companies to determine how much, if any, of their surgeries will be covered by insurance. Since dental implants are often considered cosmetic, and since there are less expensive alternatives available, many patients will have to pay out of pocket.
- Factor in for logistics too. If you happen to be from California or Texas, getting dental implants in Algodones, a tiny Mexican border town located about ten miles from Yuma, might be more feasible than getting them in PV.
- Payment arrangements should be made with the dental implant clinic in Puerto Vallarta prior to having the teeth implants inserted.
Dental implants in Puerto Vallarta can help you bring back your smiles without making you empty your pockets.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.