Dental Implants in Puerto Vallarta
Dental implants in Puerto Vallarta are increasingly becoming a popular choice for Americans because the procedure can cost thousands of dollars in the US and Canada.
Furthermore, dental insurance does not typically cover the cost of this procedure.
If you are someone who lacks insurance and needs implants, this post is for you! Read on to learn more about planning your trip to PV!
Video Courtesy: Stunning Videos
The city is located on Mexico’s thriving western coast and is a popular travel destination.
It is also home to some of Mexico’s best cosmetic dental practices. 
Getting dental implants in Puerto Vallarta gives you the chance to go sightseeing in this beautiful city.
How Much Does a Dental Implant Cost in Puerto Vallarta?
A dental implant in Puerto Vallarta costs around $1,800 (including abutment & crown). While the same procedure costs around $5,000 in the US and $4,600 in Canada.
Meanwhile, the price of all-on-4 implants in Puerto Vallarta is around $5,800. In the US and Canada, they are around $24,000 and $22,000 respectively.
In general, the cost of all-on-4 implants in Puerto Vallarta is around 70% cheaper.
The following table compares the implant prices in Puerto Vallarta vs. the US and Canada.
Cost of Dental Implants in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico vs. US vs. Canada
|Titanium implant (implant only)||$940||$3,000||$2,760|
|Titanium implant with a crown||$1,800||$5,000||$4,600|
|All-on-4 dental implants*||$5,850||$24,000||$22,000|
|All-on-6 dental implants*||$7,200||$28,000||$26,000|
|All-on-8 dental implants*||$7,500||$32,000||$20,000|
|Bone graft (per unit)||$400||$3,000||$2,700|
*Prices are case-dependent.
Just as with any treatment, the dental implant price in Puerto Vallarta will vary depending on the implantologist and the dental center you choose.
Patients who need more extensive work can expect to pay more than those who need only a few replacements.
All in all, one can expect to pay 70% less by seeing dental implant specialists in Puerto Vallarta.
Are you uninsured? Save 70% on implantsGet this deal!
Why Go for Dental Implants in Puerto Vallarta?
There are several reasons why getting dental implants in Puerto Vallarta is a fantastic option.
- You can get low-cost dental implants in Puerto Vallarta. If you have shrunken jaws, you may also consider affordable upper and lower jaw bone grafting in Mexico before getting dental implants.
- The costs of dental treatments in Puerto Vallarta are around 60-70% cheaper than in the US or Canada.
- You can expect accommodation, food, and transport to be very affordable here since living costs is about 65% cheaper than in the US. 
- Our partner clinics have the same high standards for treatment and use the same advanced technology and implant brands as clinics in the US and Canada.
- Bilingual staff minimizes communication barriers.
- On top of it, there is no real difference in expertise between established dentists in Puerto Vallarta compared to countries in North America and West Europe. They practice with the same standard of competence and experience.
- Our Puerto Vallarta dental clinics offer a short waiting period. You can book appointments in advance to minimize waiting time at the clinic.
- Another upside to getting Puerto Vallarta dental implants is the chance to experience new sights & visit popular tourist destinations.
- You’ll have the opportunity to visit sunny beaches and stay at beautiful yet affordable resorts.
Best Implant Clinics in Puerto Vallarta
DentaVacation partners with hand-picked implant clinics in Puerto Vallarta. The brands available at these clinics include Straumann and Nobel.
- Highly-skilled professionals with different specialties
- Services provided for over 20 years now
- Incorporates the latest and most advanced technology
- Dentists and administrative staff all speak English
- Provides airport pick-up and drop shuttle service
- Free parking provided for all patients
- Multiple payment options - Cash, checks, and credit/debit cards
- Located in the heart of the city within the vicinity of several hotels
- Individualized and comprehensive dental care to patients
- Affordable costs
- All dental staff can speak English.
- Offer single-trip implants to viable candidates
- Located 10-minutes away from the hotel zone.
- Flexible appointment based on your schedule
- Accepts wire transfers, credit/debit cards, or cash (USD/CAD/PESOS)
Best Dentist in Puerto Vallarta
Locating the best dentist in a foreign country can be challenging. So, we’ve picked one of the best dentists for you.
ExpertiseOral and aesthetic rehabilitation
EducationLa Universidad De Guadalajara
- Speaks English & Spanish fluently
- Trained in advanced digital tools & computer-aided systems
- Over 10 years of experience in oral and aesthetic rehabilitation
- Well-respected dental surgeon
Dr. Arturo Pereyra – Chief of Dental Solutions
Get dental implants by certified doctorsClick here
All About Dental Implants
For patients who have badly-damaged teeth or have lost their teeth due to injury or illness, getting dental replacements is the next best option to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants are structures implanted into the oral tissues through or within the bone to support a fixed or temporary dental prosthesis. 
Procedure of Dental Implants
The entire process of dental implants can take around 3-6 months, which means you may need to make two or more trips.
The number of visits you need to make will vary depending on your condition.
In general, the process will be carried out as follows:
- A comprehensive medical checkup and history review are conducted to ensure that dental implants are the best treatment option for you.
- Your surgeon removes the damaged tooth if any.
- A bone graft or sinus lift procedure will be done if your jawbone isn’t thick enough to support implants.
- The dental implant is placed.
- Osseointegration takes place for around 3-6 months.
- The abutment is placed before the new artificial teeth are fixed.
Dental Implant Procedure
Source: Mayo Clinic 
Tips for Dental Work in Puerto Vallarta
A good way to address any concerns or doubts about getting implants or dental crowns in Puerto Vallarta is to arrange consultations with your potential dental care providers before agreeing to the procedure.
Speak to your insurance companies to determine if your dental insurance covers the cost of the procedure. Since dental implants are often considered a cosmetic procedure, you’ll most likely have to pay out of pocket.
Factor in for logistics, too. If you reside in California or Texas, getting dental implants in Algodones, a tiny Mexican border town located ten miles from Yuma, may be more feasible than getting them here.
Payment arrangements should be made with the dental implant clinic in Puerto Vallarta before having the teeth implants inserted.
Video Courtesy: Travel Droner
Dental Implants Puerto Vallarta Reviews
Dental tourism at its best at truly affordable prices! I had 3 implants and 7 crowns put in and I was pleased with everything.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to replace missing teeth and brighten your smile, getting dental implants in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, could be the solution you’re looking for!
Many other cities in Mexico provide quality dental implant services, so you can research to find something that’s most convenient for you.
The insertion of the implant may just take one day. The surgeon will remove any damaged teeth during the first visit and fix the implant.
After 3-6 months, you may return for one or more visits to have the crown and abutment fixed.
Dental implants are a lengthy procedure, and getting traditional dental implants may take 3-6 months.
For a single implant and non-complex case, you may only need two one-week trips.
However, you may need to make more visits if you’re having multiple implants inserted.
Additional procedures like bone grafting or sinus lifting may require spending more time in the Mexican city or making more visits there.
But expect a minimum of 2 visits to your dentist in Puerto Vallarta.
Yes, it is safe to get dental implants here if you choose a reputable dental clinic and surgeon to attend to your needs.
Ensure you perform your research and book a call or consultation with the clinic before deciding.
If you have no medical conditions, it would generally be safe to get implants due to the lower risk of complications.
Even though the cost of dental implants in Puerto Vallarta is a lot more affordable than in the US or Canada, our partner clinics still use the highest-quality brands and are staffed by experienced dentists.
All the necessary steps and measures, such as taking a comprehensive medical history, will ensure you get the best quality and safest treatment.