Dental work in Tijuana, Mexico is affordable and can be of top quality. What to expect when visiting the dentist south of San Diego borders?
Read on to know all aspects: costs, safety concerns as well as tips on a successful dental tourism trip.
Tijuana, MX is a metropolitan city that shares its border with San Diego, California, in the USA.
Cost of Dental Work in Tijuana, MX
The cost of dental work in Tijuana is on average 70% lower than in the USA. For some procedures, savings could be much more.
For example, an all-on 4 implant costs $8,500 in Tijuana instead of the USA, where it can be between $24,000 and $50,000!
Below is the price list of popular dental procedures that Americans travel there for:
Cost Comparison (USD)
|All on 4 Implants||$24,000||$8,250||65%|
|Acrylic dentures full/partial*||$850||$395-$685||47%|
*Denture only, no other costs included
Looking for quality & affordable dental work?Get a FREE quote!
Why Dental Work Costs Less in Tijuana?
There are many reasons why dental work is cheaper in Tijuana than in the US.
It’s because of lower salaries of staff and dentists, building costs, no need for medical liability insurance, lower student loans of dentists, lower dental laboratory costs, and lower taxes.
For a detailed explanation, read below:
Subsidized Dental Education
The Mexican government provides dental education at subsidized prices. 
As there are is no debt on the dentists, it heavily reduces the chances of overcharging their service.
Strong Dollar Conversion Rate
The US dollar holds a strong position as compared to a Mexican Peso.
So, even the costlier dental procedures in Mexico seem cheaper to an American.
Lower Cost of Living in Mexico
As compared to the USA, Mexican standards of living are not so high.
People prefer simple living, and the US dollar conversion rate also plays its part. 
Partner Dental Clinics in Tijuana, Mexico
- It is located just 2.5 miles from the US border.
- Flexible appointments.
- Same-day appointments are available for dental emergencies.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology like CEREC CAD/CAM.
- It accepts US PPO dental insurance policies. Contact our case managers for more information.
- Easy payment options like Cash, Paypal, VISA, Mastercard & other credit & debit cards.
- A state-of-the-art facility like CEREC CAD/CAM and laser technology
- It follows the recommended safety standards by OSHA, CDC, and Environment Protection Agency.
- Flexible appointments
- Free shuttle service
- 5% discount on cash payments
- Easy payment options: Bank money order, Cashier’s check or Traveler’s checks, Visa or Master Card
Specials Discount Offer:
- Get teeth whitening (worth $250) at $50 in your next treatment.
- Emergency Exam with Free X-ray.
- Experience - over 9 years
- Flexible appointments
- Dentists are affiliated to Mexican Dental Association (ADM) & American Dental Association (ADA).
- Equipped with the latest equipment like 3D tomography, intraoral 3D scanner, and Smart Dentin Grinder.
You're in safe hands of our certified dentists!Book now!
Why choose DentaVacation?
Dentavacation is an online repository of renowned dental clinics and hospitals around the world.
- Bilingual Support
- Negotiated discount prices
- Help with tourism-related activities
- 14+ years of experience in the industry
- Multiple dental partners across the globe
- Assistance in arranging passports and visa
- Optional direct pre-trip consultation with the dentist
- High patient success rate. See our patient testimonials here
Post-op Care by Dentists in Tijuana
Is Tijuana safe for Tourists?
Although there may be reports of theft and gang wars in Tijuana, with proper planning, one can have a safe trip.
Some safety measures:
- Don’t flash valuables in public
- Use app-based cab services for travel, like Uber
- Avoid travel to risky areas in and outside Tijuana
- Pickpockets may distract using kids selling flowers, be aware 
Emergency Numbers while in Tijuana: 911
If you dial 911 from a U.S. cell phone in Mexico, it will connect you to Mexico’s Emergency Assistance Service.
|US Consulate General in Tijuana|
|Address: Paseo de las Culturas s/n, Mesa de Otay, Delegación Centenario C.P. 22425, Tijuana, Baja California|
|Phone: (664) 977-2000|
- Carry a valid passport.
- Do try the famous ‘fish tacos’ in Tijuana.
- Book your hotel close to the clinic for ease of travel.
- Wear comfortable shoes while going for sight-seeing.
- Keep all your documents like FMM, Passport, etc. safely
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enroller Program to receive safety alerts.
- Drink packaged drinking water- carry a bottle with you when you go touring.
- Shopping complexes and some shops have restrooms- they may charge some money.
Here are some suggested hotels:
Hotel City Express Plus
Dental Tourism in Tijuana
Tijuana is a modern city showcasing the rich Mexican culture.
You can drive down for a day trip or fly to TIJ (Tijuana International Airport).
There are buses and taxis from the airport to the rest of the city.
How to Reach Tijuana, Mexico?
As Tijuana is located on the US-Mexico border, you can use multiple options to reach the city.
Walking through the border:
Most people prefer walking through the border as it saves the hassles of driving and parking. 
- Hire a cab to enter the city.
- Cross the border on foot (15-20 minutes walk).
- From San Diego downtown, take a trolley San Ysidro which is just 15 miles away.
Handy Tips for crossing the border on foot:
- As you reach Mexico, you have to pass through a red/green light stand.
- Once you leave the USA border, you will need a valid US passport to re-enter the country.
- If you drive to the border from San Diego, leave your car in the paid parking on the US side.
- A green light means you can pass; however, a red light means that the customs officers need to search your luggage.
Driving through the border
Some people would prefer their car while entering Mexico.
Remember, you need to have a valid Mexican Car Insurance, if you drive your car here.
Driving to Tijuana
Flying to Tijuana
How to Get to Tijuana Airport from San Diego?
You can fly to Tijuana International Airport (TIJ), fill out the Forma Migratoria Multiple form (FMM) form available on your airport terminal.
Keep this safely with you as you will need it while returning to the USA.
CBX Cross Border Xpress
It is a bridge-way crossing that is exclusively for Tijuana International Airport passengers who cross the border between the United States and Mexico.
Places to visit in Tijuana
Tijuana Cultural Center
- CECUT, as its known, promotes art and culture through programs and shows.
- It houses a museum, theatre space, performances, exhibits, an aquarium, and a garden as well.
Playas de Tijuana
Playas de Tijuana
- This beachside boardwalk is famous for cafes and bars.
- There is also live music with dancing.
- Surfers also come here to catch waves.
El Popo Market
It is a Mexican market with fruits, vegetables, souvenirs, pottery, and candles.
Common Spanish Phrases to Learn
Some common phrases that will help you in Tijuana:
- Good morning- Buenos días
- Say Buenas tardes for Good afternoon
- Good evening- Buenas Noches
- Please- Por favor
- Thank you- Gracías
- How much does it cost? – Cuánto cuesta?
Patient, Viridiana Rosas from Portland, USA, shares her experience with Dental Brush in Tijuana.
She is very happy with the affordable dental treatment in Tijuana, Mexico.
Experience this beautiful border city full of cultureVisit Tijuana!