Dental Implants in Colombia
Tooth injury and tooth loss happen all the time. Dental implants in Colombia can offer you a permanent tooth loss solution. It is one of the top dental tourism destinations in Latin America for low-cost & high-quality dentistry. 
MY EXPAT DIARY
Located in the north of South America, Colombia is well-known for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. 
With accredited hospitals & skilled doctors, Colombia is an excellent option for Americans & Canadians seeking quality dental work at an affordable cost. 
Why Choose Dental Implants in Colombia, South America?
Best Health Care | Affordable | Convenient
Some of the key reasons to opt for dental implants in Colombia include:
Affordable Dental Implants
- Treatment by highly trained & experienced dentists.
- Reputed Implant brands like Straumann and Neodent.
- Treatments with state-of-the-art-facilities at recommended clinics.
- Dental implants are 70% cheaper than in the US or Canada.
Best Health Care System
- Colombia has one of the best healthcare in the world. 
- 40% of the best Latin American hospitals are in Colombia. 
- WHO ranks Colombia’s health system higher than the US. 
- This level of quality applies to Colombia’s dental care as well
- Colombia is easily accessible from major cities in the USA.
- Cost of living is the lowest in South America. 
- Colombia is the 6th friendliest country in the world! 
- Cities like Bogota and Barranquilla can be reached in approx. 3 hours from Miami, Florida and nearly 8 hours from Toronto
Plenty of Tourism Options
- One of the trending destinations for tourism in 2020. 
- There are 9 World Heritage sites in Colombia. 
- Exciting locations – the Amazon jungle & Caribbean islands.
- Also, Colombia has the world’s highest number of bird species. 
Dental Implant Cost in Different Countries
The graph compares the dental implant price of Colombia with that of the US, Canada, Germany, and the UK.
*Reference: Web data/different native clinics
As seen in the graph, the price of a dental implant in Colombia is a quarter of Germany/UK’s price and almost 1/6th of the price in the US/Canada.
Cost of Dental Implants in Colombia
Dental care in Colombia provides quality work at affordable rates.
A single dental implant procedure (implant, abutment & crown) is between $5,000 – $8,000 in US/ Canada while it is between $900 – $1,500 in Colombia.
Even, mini implants are as low as $110 in Colombia. Dental work in Colombia is up to 70% cheaper compared to US and Canadian prices.
To know how cheap are the dental implants in Colombia compared to the US & Canada, see the cost table below:
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Mini dental implants||$1,500||$1,350||$110|
|Full Denture (full arch)||$2,000||$1,840||$800|
|Bone graft (full arch)||$3,000||$2,700||$1,600|
*Price may change with the complexity of a case.
These prices are highly beneficial for those without dental insurance.
Even for those with insurance, the savings are substantial. Some of the clinics accept dental insurance and can help with insurance paperwork.
No dental insurance? Don't worry, we've got you!Request quote
Dental Options to Fix Missing Teeth
Your dentist can review options with you to select the right treatment. For extensive tooth loss, patients consider dentures or implant options.
Below are the top three options used to replace missing teeth:
Option 1: Dentures
A denture is a removable dental appliance to replace missing teeth.
⭐Fact: Around 90% of edentulous people in the US wear dentures. It is predicted that around 15% of the edentulous population has dentures made each year. 
Option 2: Dental Bridges
Artificial teeth are fused to a metal frame to bridge the gap between missing teeth.
⭐Fact: More than 15 million Americans undergo crown and bridge replacements for missing teeth every year. 
Option 3: Dental Implants
Screw-like metal post surgically attached to the jawbone where it acts as a “root” for dentures, partial dentures, or crowns.
⭐Fact: 3 million Americans have implants. More than 500,000 dental implants are placed annually in the U.S. 
Your dentist can advise you on a suitable option after considering the condition of your teeth, gums, and jawbone, as well as your overall health.
Dental implants are a popular replacement option for many Americans because:
✅ They have a long-term success rate of up to 97%
✅ Implants are recognized as the most advanced solution for teeth.
Source: Trend Statistics 
Dental Implants vs Alternative Treatments
Compare the options and see why would a patient choose dental implants over other possible treatments.
During 2019-2020, dental implant procedures have increased by 6.3% in the US. It is expected to increase by 23% from 2020 – 2026 
Disadvantages of Tooth-Supported Bridges vs. Implants
- Involve grinding away adjacent teeth that attach and support the bridge
- The bone below the bridge may deteriorate over time
- Generally, bridges fail after 5-10 years because of difficulty in flossing 
- Root surfaces around the bridgework are highly susceptible to decay
Disadvantages of Complete Dentures vs. Implants
- Not stable or comfortable as dental implants. This can affect speech & eating
- Don’t look as natural or function like implant-supported crowns
- Requires regular removal for cleaning which can be time-consuming
- The bone underneath the full denture may deteriorate over time
- Survival time: 7-15 years, the replacement costs can be more over the long term 
- Also called the Implant-supported dentures or Overdentures
- These are removable crowns that snap on & off of surgically inserted implants in bone
- Improve chewing function better than full dentures
- Implants make the denture stable and help to reduce bone loss
- Unlike traditional dentures, snap-on dentures do not slide around or become loose
Benefits of Dental Implants
|Restore your smile|
|Retain natural shape|
|No embarrassing slippage|
|Improves the health of gums|
|Prevents bone loss|
|Preserve natural tooth tissue|
|Restore jawbone structure|
Dental Implant Options in Colombia
A single implant and a crown can replace a single missing tooth.
The structure includes:
- Post: Replaces tooth root
- Abutment: Connects post and crown
- Crown: Replaces visible tooth
An Implant-supported restoration can replace multiple missing teeth.
Restoration may be:
- Implant-supported partial denture
Full Arch Jaw Implants
A full mouth restoration can fix all missing teeth on a jaw.
The technique used can be:
- All-on-4 implant system
- All-on-6 implant system
- All-on-8 implant system
⭐ Full Mouth Rehabilitation / Restoration Techniques
Depending on your jawbone health and specific needs, your Implantologist may suggest any one of the below techniques for full mouth reconstruction
- All-on-4 Implants
This technique provides a whole new set of teeth using 4 implants per arch. It is designed to accommodate a full arch of 12-14 prosthetic teeth.
- All-on-6/8 Implants
In this procedure, 6 or 8 implants are inserted into the jawbone for full-arch restoration.
Dental Implant Procedure in Colombia
Before starting the procedure, your dentist will perform a full mouth clinical and radiographic examination.
They will check your gums, teeth (treat any existing tooth decay), and jawbone density.
If your jawbone density is low, some additional procedures like bone graft and sinus lift will be performed.
After rebuilding the bone, the dental implant procedure will be carried out.
The dental implant procedure has 3 parts:
- Implant placement
- Healing period
- Crown/ Denture placement
Depending on your jawbone health and dentist’s choice, you can have 2 possibilities.
Video Courtesy: 1888implant.com
Video Courtesy: 1888implant.com
Types of Implants | Bone Involved
|Endosteal||Need healthy jawbone||Into the jawbone|
|Subperiosteal||Do need a healthy jawbone||Top of the jawbone|
|Zygomatic||Do need a healthy jawbone||In the cheekbone|
Types of Implants | Material Used
|Esthetics||Greyish color||Natural tooth color|
|Design||Two-piece implant||Mostly single piece(20)|
|Surgical approach||1 or more surgeries||1 surgery|
|Endurance||Strong and fracture resistance||Prone to microfractures(20)|
|Allergies||Chances of metal allergy(21)||Hypoallergeni(21)|
Source: Symbiosis  , Nobel Biocare 
Best Clinic for Dental Implants in Colombia
DentaVacation works with well-established dental clinics in Colombia.
Our partner clinics provide a comprehensive range of dental services, from restorative crown and bridgework to affordable dental implants.
- Oralimagen dental clinic in Medellin offers safe and high-quality services to both local and international patients.
- Located 26 min from the Airport (MDE)
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Sterilization of equipment with a traceability system
- Dental implant brands – BioHorizons and Straumann
- Staff can speak English & Spanish
- Centro de Implantes de la Costa, Cartagena is a renowned clinic located on the north coast of Colombia.
- The clinic uses the latest German CEREC technology which allows them to provide quick and reliable support to patients.
- Located 14 min from Airport (CTG)
- Make use of the latest German CEREC technology
- Adopt sterilization protocols set-up for the medicare industry
- Belongs to the Odontological sector with 1999 CO (Certificate of Origin) certification
Over 17 years of experience
- Dentist Cartagena is the dental clinic located in Cartagena, Colombia.
- All dental treatments are available under one roof.
- A team of specialized dentists provides customized treatments to the satisfaction of patients.
- Located 12 min from the Airport (CTG)
- Equipped with state-of-the-art therapeutic and diagnostic technologies
- Guarantee terms – 4 years for crowns & 2 years for veneers
- Dental implant brands – Straumann
- Staff can speak English & Spanish
- Sonrisa Perfecta Dental clinic is located in Cartagena, Colombia.
- It is one of the highest-rated clinics in the region, well known to both local and international patients.
- Location : 12 min drive from the airport (CTG)
- High quality treatment with state-of-the art technology
- Adhere to extreme biosecurity and quality standards
- Staff can speak Spanish, English and German
- Dentica dental clinic provides a comprehensive range of dental care to local and international patients.
- The team has extensive experience across a range of general and specialist dental areas.
- Located 21 min from the airport (BOG)
- Make use of state-of-the-art technology and stays upgraded
- Sterilization – Ultrasonic machine and Autoclave
- Dental implant brands – Straumann, Neodent
- The staff can speak Spanish, English, French, German, and Portuguese
- Carlos Acevedo Odontología dental clinic in Barranquilla has a multidisciplinary team of highly-skilled and qualified professionals.
- The clinic offers general and specialist dental care, including orthodontics, endodontics, oral rehabilitation, and periodontics
- Located 29 min from the airport (BAQ)
- Personalized dental care with State-of-the-art technology
- Guarantee terms – 5 years for implant surgery, crowns, porcelain veneers
- Staff can speak English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Estetica Dental Avanzada is the advanced dental Aesthetics and Implant Center located in Cali, Colombia.
- The team has extensive experience in dental implants, oral rehabilitation, and dental aesthetics.
- Located 31 min from the airport (CLO)
- Accreditations – Zimmer Biomet Dental Education Program & American Dental Association
- A dedicated department to assist international patients
- Dental implant brands – Straumann, Cortex, and Neodent
- Staff can speak English, French, and Spanish
- Adhere to Biosecurity protocol
Best Dentist in Colombia, South America
The dentists working with DentaVacation are certified and highly qualified. Get to know our partner dentists below.
- Worked as a teacher in important universities in Colombia
- Advanced training in implantology from the institute of Branemark Osseointegration Centre
EducationUniversity of Cartagena
- Specialized in Implantology from the Veracruz University of Mexico
- Endodontics at the University of Cartagena Masters in Oral Rehabilitation and Clinical Biochemistry
EducationUniversity of Cartagena
- The design course of Smiles by University of Cartagena
- Certified in surgical techniques and prosthetic implants by Javeriana University.
Get your smile back in Colombia!Contact clinic
At the best clinics, the quality of dental implants in Colombia is excellent and affordable. DentaVacation can help you find a reliable facility in the destination of your choice.
Many cities in Colombia offer cheap and high-quality dental treatment.
On average, the cost of a dental implant alone begins at
- $643 in Barranquilla
- $700 in Bogota
- $795 in Cartagena, Cali & Medellin
- South America’s cost of living is low especially in the Northwestern areas that include Colombia 
- Colombia’s cost of living is cheaper than 92% of countries in the World 
This means very low overhead costs, which results in up to 70% cheap dental care compared to the U.S. for the same quality
Dental implant by itself is a safe procedure with a success rate of up to 97%. 
- The dentists in Colombia are trained according to the US standards
- The clinics in Colombia use the latest technologies & advanced equipment
- High-quality, international brands are used for dental implants
- The clinics adopt the international standard of sterilization procedures for safe dental treatment
The Colombian dentists prefer international implant brands for uniformity and reliability. These include Straumann, BioHorizon, Neodent, and Cortex.
Yes. The dental clinics in Colombia accept payments in US dollars.
The payment alternatives are Colombian Pesos, account transfers, and credit or debit cards.
Yes, some of the clinics accept dental insurance and can assist you with the paperwork as well. You can get all the required documents from the clinic or contact us.
Yes, all our dentists can speak English fluently. The language barrier can sometimes make interactions difficult.
Hence, we ensure that we include only those doctors in our team who can understand and speak good English.
The following hotels are recommended by Colombia clinics for international patients.
|Medellin||Oralimagen||Hotel Porton De San Joaquin, Hotel Dorado 70, Hotel Lyon, Hotel Plaza 70, Hotel Le Manoir Egina, Hotel Girasol 70, Hotel Merlot 70|
|Cartagena||Centro de Implantes de la Costa||Intercontinental Hotel|
|Bogota||Dentica||B3 Hotel, Hotel Jazz apartments, City Flats, Confort in 80|
|Barranquilla||Carlos Acevedo Odontología||Sonesta hotel, GHL|
|Cali||Estetica Dental Avanzada||The Marriott, Four Points, Intercontinental, and Hotel Hampton.|
Check Colombia off your bucket list now!Connect now