Dental Implants in Bogota, Colombia
A dental implant is for a pleasing dental restoration and a brighter smile. But when it comes to the cost, it is a significant concern. Exploring a cost-effective option with dental implants in Bogota, Colombia can help you!
Video Courtesy: WorldMoments
For medical tourism and otherwise, this capital city of Columbia sees millions of foreign visitors every year. 
One can explore its exciting mountain ranges, photographic views, and colonial roofs.
This makes the destination a perfect place for a vacation, coupled with affordable dental care solutions.
Why Choose Bogota for Dental Implants?
Bogota is a beautiful city to explore with high-quality medical and dental services.
Here are the reasons why Bogota is considered one of the best destinations for the cheapest dental implants abroad:
- Low cost of living in Colombia;  allows low budget trip
- Duty-free export on high-quality healthcare equipment 
Quality Dentistry (at Dentica)
- International Implant brands like Straumann and Neodent are used
- Sterilization methods are on par with international standards
- Columbia ranks 10th in the global ranking with an MTI score of 69.48 
- The tourism industry of Colombia has grown tremendously since a couple of years. 
What is the Cost of Dental Implants in Bogota?
Bogota is known for its high-quality dental solutions at affordable prices.
Wondering how much do dental implants cost in Columbia, study the cost comparison table below.
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants is 70% cheaper in Bogota when compared to the USA.
For Canadians, all-on-4 dental implants are 68% cheaper in Bogota.
Time to let implants rescue your smile 👄Get a FREE quote!
Understanding Dental Implants
What is a Dental Implant
A dental implant is a surgical procedure to replace a missing or diseased tooth.
It comprises four components:
- Implant: An implant is an artificial tooth root that is fixed in the jawbone.
- Abutment: This is also known as a connector and helps to connect the implant to the crown.
- Crown: This is the visible part of the artificial tooth in place of the missing tooth.
- Denture: In the case of multiple implants, partial or complete dentures may also be used in place of crowns.
Why Do You Need Dental Implant
Dental implants play an integral role because:
- It helps retain the natural shape of your face and smile 
- It helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss 
Dental Implant Procedure
The dental implant procedure undergoes a five-stage process:
Dental Implant Procedure
|Process Stage||Number of Visits|
|Treatment Planning||1st Visit|
|Implant Placement||1st Visit (3 to 4 Days)|
|Healing Phase||Back Home (3 to 6 Months)|
|Final Appointment||2nd Visit (3 to 4 Days)|
What are the Types of Dental Implants?
American Dental Association  defines two types of implants:
Types of Implants
|Implant-Position||Implant inserted in the jawbone||Implant inserted under the gum|
|Oral Health||For patients who have healthy jaw bone||For patients who do not have healthy jaw bone|
What are the Techniques of Dental Implants?
Some popular  implant techniques are:
- All-on-4: Placement of 4 implants in the same dental arch.
- All-on-6: Placement of 6 implants in the same dental arch.
- All-on-8: Placement of 8 implants in the same dental arch.
- Mini dental implants: Small implants for lower dentures.
- Immediate Load Dental Implants: Implant and temporary tooth on the same day.
How Successful Are Dental Implants
When discussing the success of dental implants, it has a success rate of 98%.
Moreover, the study published in the Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science also stated that 97% of dental implants witnessed long-term durability. 
However, success does depend on the following factors:
- Position of the jaw where the implants are placed
- Length and diameter of the implant
- Age of the patient undergoing the implant
- Overall health condition of the patient
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved oral health & hygiene
- Improved confidence & self-esteem
- Improved speech & appearance
- Longer durability & hassle-free maintenance
Top Dental Clinic in Bogota
- The best dental clinic in Bogota, Colombia, is Dentica.
- It is a state-of-art dental clinic by Cristina Suaza, delivering world-class dental implant treatment at affordable prices.
Specialties of Dentica
- Multidisciplinary treatment approach
- Catching up with innovative technologies
- Personalized attention and care
- Calm and supportive patient management techniques
- Cutting-edge technology for the dental cleaning process
- International standards of the sterilization process
- High-quality dental equipment
Get expert dentistry at a fraction of cost! 💰Book your appointment
Top Dentist in Bogota
ExpertiseOral & Maxillofacial
EducationUniversidad San Martín
- Worked as an interdisciplinary group of patients suffering from dentofacial defects as a dentistry pregrade professor at San Martin University
- Specialises in oral surgery, dental implantology, orthognathic surgery (growth and development anomalies), aesthetics, and facial orthopaedics
How to Reach Bogota?
Air mode is preferable when patients travel from countries like the USA and Canada.
- There are many direct flights to Bogota from various destinations.
- The busiest airport in South America is the El Dorado International Airport, also known as Bogota Airport (BOG).
- Bogota Airport is situated at a driving distance of 25 minutes from Dentica.
Bogota is an emerging destination for dental tourists
Flights from US/Canada to Bogota
|Toronto (YYZ)||5 Hours 45 Minutes|
|Montreal (YUL)||6 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Miami (MIA)||3 Hours 45 Minutes|
|New York (EWR)||5 Hours 55 Minutes|
|Atlanta (ATL)||4 Hours 50 Minutes|
Bogota offers you a cost-effective solution to all your dental implant needs.
Dental tourism Colombia reviews prove to be a live testimony to showcase the country’s rising dental tourism.
The cost of full mouth dental implants in Columbia ranges from $7,000 to $10,000.
- All-on-4 dental implants: $7,000
- All-on-6 dental implants: $9,000
- All-on-8 dental implants: $10,000
The cost of a single titanium implant is $700. It is 84% cheaper than the cost of dental implants in Canada and 86% cheaper than in the USA.
The clinic offers a thoughtful sedation technique for anxious patients to help them stay calm during the surgery.
Our partner clinic adopts an international standard of sterilization process with an assurance to provide safe dental treatment.
Yes, the clinic does offer a follow-up visit to examine the condition of the implant and understand any problem the patient may experience.
Yes, if you are healthy with no chronic medical condition, you can go for an implant.
However, you need to undergo an initial analysis to have a clear understanding of the success rate and the possible risk factors.
Yes, dental implants have a success rate of 98%. 
However, sometimes problems may occur and the patient may experience pain, swelling, and infection at the site of the implant.
With good oral care and hygiene, implants can last for a lifetime.
Smoking weakens the bone structure and may lead to failure of the implant.  Hence, dentists advise quitting smoking after an implant.
Most of the patients get back to work within a week after the surgery. However, if there are some underlying medical conditions, the rest time may vary.
Dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
Hence, with good oral care tips like regular brushing, flossing, and regular visits to your dentists, you can help your implants stay for a lifetime.
According to the CDC, Yellow Fever, Measles, and Typhoid vaccinations are important before traveling to Bogota. 
Bogota offers you a cost-effective solution to all your dental implant needs. Dental tourism Colombia reviews prove to be a live testimony to showcase the country’s rising dental tourism.
Get rid of that crooked smile in Bogota 🦷Plan my trip!