A dental implant is for a pleasing dental restoration and a brighter smile. But when it comes to the cost, it is a significant concern. Exploring a cost-effective option with dental implants in Bogota, Columbia can help you!
Video Courtesy: WorldMoments
The World Health Organization (WHO) ranks Columbia 22 for quality health care among 191 countries worldwide.CNBC Colombia: Where Health is Valued “The World Health Organization (WHO) ranks Colombia’s healthcare system as number 22 out of the 191 countries they review.” View in Article For medical tourism and otherwise, this capital city of Columbia sees millions of foreign visitors every year.Colombia Reports Foreign visitors to Colombia “Colombia’s tourism industry has grown more than 300% since 2006 when only 1 million foreigners visited the country.” View in Article
One can explore its exciting mountain ranges, photographic views, and colonial roofs. This makes the destination a perfect place for a vacation, coupled with affordable dental care solutions.
Why Choose Bogota for Dental Implants
Bogota is a beautiful city to explore with high-quality medical and dental services. Here are the reasons why Bogota is considered one of the best destinations for the cheapest dental implants abroad:
- Low cost of living in ColombiaExpatistan Cost of Living in Colombia “Cost of living in Colombia is cheaper than in 90% of countries in the World (74 out of 82)” View in Article; allows low budget trip
- Duty-free export on high-quality healthcare equipmentInternational Trade Administration Medical Equipment “Since the implementation of the U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement (TPA) with the United States in 2012, 96 percent of U.S. medical equipment exports to Colombia receive duty-free treatment.” View in Article
Quality Dentistry (at Dentica):
- International Implant brands like Straumann and Neodent are used
- Sterilization methods are on par with international standards
- Columbia ranks 10th in global ranking with an MTI score of 69.48Statista Colombia: medical tourism index by dimension 2016 “With an overall score of 69.48, Colombia was ranked in the 10th position in the global ranking.” View in Article
- The tourism industry of Colombia has grown tremendously since a couple of years Colombia Reports Foreign visitors to Colombia “Colombia’s tourism industry has grown more than 300% since 2006 when only 1 million foreigners visited the country.” View in Article
What is the Cost of Dental Implants in Bogota
Bogota is known for its high-quality dental solutions at affordable prices. Wondering how much do dental implants cost in Columbia, study the cost comparison table below.
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants is 70% cheaper in Bogota when compared to the USA. For Canadians, all-on-4 dental implants are 68% cheaper in Bogota.
Understanding Dental Implants
What is a Dental Implant
A dental implant is a surgical procedure to replace a missing or diseased tooth.
It comprises four components:
- Implant: An implant is an artificial tooth root that is fixed in the jawbone.
- Abutment: This is also known as a connector and helps to connect the implant to the crown.
- Crown: This is the visible part of the artificial tooth in place of the missing tooth.
- Denture: In the case of multiple implants, partial or complete dentures may also put to use in place of crowns.
Why Do You Need Dental Implant
Dental implants play an integral role because:
- It helps retain the natural shape of your face and smileAmerican Academy of Implant Dentistry The Advantages “Dental implants feel, look, fit and function like healthy, natural teeth.” View in Article
- It helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone lossAmerican Academy of Implant Dentistry The Advantages “Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.” View in Article
Dental Implant Procedure
The dental implant procedure undergoes a five-stage process:
|Process Stage||Number of Visits|
|Treatment Planning||1st Visit|
|Implant Placement||1st Visit (3 to 4 Days)|
|Healing Phase||Back Home (3 to 6 Months)|
|Final Appointment||2nd Visit (3 to 4 Days)|
What are the Types of Dental Implants
American Dental Association American Academy of Implant Dentistry Types of implants “There are two main types of implants: Endosteal Subperiosteal” View in Article defines two types of implants:
||Implant inserted in the jawbone||Implant inserted under the gum|
|Oral Health||For patients who have healthy jaw bone||For patients who do not have healthy jaw bone|
What are the Techniques of Dental Implants
Some popular American Academy of Implant Dentistry Alternative Dental Implant Techniques “Depending on the health of your jawbone and your specific needs, your dental implant dentist may suggest some alternative treatment options in addition to the traditional multi-step dental implant procedure.” View in Article implant techniques are:
- All-on-4: Placement of 4 implants in the same dental arch.
- All-on-6: Placement of 6 implants in the same dental arch.
- All-on-8: Placement of 8 implants in the same dental arch.
- Mini dental implants: Small implants for lower dentures.
- Immediate Load Dental Implants: Implant and temporary tooth on the same day.
How Successful Are Dental Implants
When discussing the success of dental implants, it has a success rate of 98%. Moreover, the study published in the Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science also stated that 97% of dental implants witnessed long-term durability.Colgate Common Dental Implant Problems And How To Treat Them “The majority of implants are successful. The AAID reports a success rate of 98 percent, and a study published in the Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science found that 97 percent of implants lasted long-term.” View in Article However, success does depend on the following factors:
- Position of the jaw where the implants are placed
- Length and diameter of the implant
- Age of the patient undergoing the implant
- Overall health condition of the patient
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved oral health & hygiene
- Improved confidence & self-esteem
- Improved speech & appearance
- Longer durability & hassle-free maintenance
Top Dentist of Bogota
The best dentist in Bogota Colombia is Eliana Cristina Suaza.
- An expert Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Has a rich legacy of 15 years
- Specializing in quality and safe dental treatment
- Fluent in English, Spanish, Germany, and Portuguese
- Colombian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ACCOMF)
- Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Latin America (AOCMF)
Top Dental Clinic in Bogota
The best dental clinic in Bogota, Colombia, is Dentica. It is a state-of-art dental clinic by Cristina Suaza, delivering world-class dental implant treatment at affordable prices.
Dentica by Cristina Suaza; Google Ratings 4.9 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Specialties of Dentica
- Multidisciplinary treatment approach
- Catching up with innovative technologies
- Personalized attention and care
- Calm and supportive patient management techniques
- Cutting-edge technology for the dental cleaning process
- International standards of the sterilization process
- High-quality dental equipment
How to Reach Bogota
Air mode is preferable when patients travel from countries like the USA and Canada.
- There are many direct flights to Bogota from various destinations.
- The busiest airport in South America is the El Dorado International Airport, also known as Bogota Airport (BOG).
- Bogota Airport is situated at a driving distance of 25 minutes from Dentica.
Furthermore, here is a flight map from various destinations to Bogota.
|Toronto (YYZ)||5 Hours 45 Minutes|
|Montreal (YUL)||6 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Miami (MIA)||3 Hours 45 Minutes|
|New York (EWR)||5 Hours 55 Minutes|
|Atlanta (ATL)||4 Hours 50 Minutes|
FAQs Dental Implants in Bogota
What is the cost of full mouth dental implants in Colombia?
The cost of full mouth dental implants in Columbia ranges from $7,000 to $10,000.
- All-on-4 dental implants: $7,000
- All-on-6 dental implants: $9,000
- All-on-8 dental implants: $10,000
What is the cost of a single titanium implant in Bogota?
The cost of a single titanium implant is $700. It is 84% cheaper than the cost of dental implants in Canada and 86% cheaper than in the USA.
What if I am afraid of getting the dental implant?
The clinic offers a thoughtful sedation technique for anxious patients to help them stay calm during the surgery.
How does the clinic adopt safe and effective dental implants?
Our partner clinic adopts an international standard of sterilization process with an assurance to provide safe dental treatment.
Does the clinic offer a free follow-up consultation?
Yes, the clinic does offer a follow-up visit to examine the condition of the implant and understand any problem the patient may experience.
Can I go for a dental implant?
Yes, if you are healthy with no chronic medical condition, you can go for an implant. However, you need to undergo an initial analysis to have a clear understanding of the success rate and the possible risk factors.
Are dental implants successful?
Yes, dental implants have a success rate of 98%. Colgate Common Dental Implant Problems And How To Treat Them “The majority of implants are successful. The AAID reports a success rate of 98 percent.” View in Article However, sometimes problems may occur and the patient may experience pain, swelling, and infection at the site of the implant.
How long does a dental implant last?
With good oral care and hygiene, implants can last for a lifetime.
Can I smoke after an implant?
Smoking weakens the bone structure and may lead to failure of the implant.Colgate Top Oral Care Tips for Implants “smoking can weaken the bone structure and can contribute to implant failure” View in Article Hence, dentists advise quitting smoking after an implant.
How long will I take to get back to my daily routine after dental implant surgery?
Most of the patients get back to work within a week after the surgery. However, if there are some underlying medical conditions, the rest time may vary.
Do dental implants need special maintenance?
Dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. Hence, with good oral care tips like regular brushing, flossing, and regular visits to your dentists, you can help your implants stay for a lifetime.
What is the currency of Colombia?
The currency is Columbian Peso.
What are the common languages spoken in Columbia?
The common languages spoken are Spanish and English.
What are the important vaccinations before traveling to Bogota?
According to the CDC, Yellow Fever, Measles, and Typhoid vaccinations are important before traveling to Bogota.CDC Vaccines and Medicines “Get travel vaccines and medicines because there is a risk of these diseases in the country you are visiting” View in Article
Bogota offers you a cost-effective solution to all your dental implant needs. Dental tourism Colombia reviews prove to be a live testimony to showcase the country’s rising dental tourism.