The low cost of a dental implant in Costa Rica makes quality dentistry affordable to many. This includes not just Costa Ricans, but Americans, and other international patients too.
Dental implants are the closest you can get to healthy, natural teeth. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth.AAID What are dental implants? “Dental implants are the closest you can get to healthy, natural teeth. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth.” View in Article
– American Academy of Implant Dentistry
How Much for Dental Implant in Costa Rica?
Still wondering what a dental implant in Costa Rica would cost you? Well, it’s about 30% of costs back in the U.S. and Canada. See cost-comparison table below:
Dental Implants Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Dental Procedure||Costa Rica||U.S.A.|
|Dental Implant (+Abutment)||$750||$5,000|
|Single Immediate Load Dental Implant||$750||$5,000|
|All-on-4 Dental Implants*||$10,700||$24,000|
|All-on-5 Dental Implants*||$14,350||$22,000|
|All-on-6 Dental Implants*||$16,500||$28,000|
|All-on-8 Dental Implants*||$19,000||$35,000|
|Bone Grafting (per tooth)||$500||$2,000|
|Zygoma Implants (including abutment)||$2,000||$18,000|
|*Including fixed hybrid denture/ jaw|
*Prices may vary with each case
Costa Rican prices come to about 70% less than the U.S. When getting multiple implants, the price may be still lower. For Canadians, this price is as high as in the U.S., but also, the waiting times are long.
Price of Single Implant in Costa Rica v/s U.S.A and Canada
$750 – $1,000
$3,500 – $6,000
$3,000 – $5,000
75-88% savings in Costa Rica
While single implant cost ranges b/w $750 – $1,000 in Costa Rica, double the amount doesn’t even start to cover bills in the States. It’s usually between $3,500 – $6,000 for a single-tooth implant in the U.S.
All on 4 with Zimmer prosthesis costs close to ten grand in Costa Rica. While in the USA, it may cost up to 25,000 USD. Similarly, All-on 6/8 implants cost b/w $10,750 – $19,000 in Costa Rica.
The price in Costa Rica depends on the prosthesis used, among many other factors. For example, the Porcelain-Zirconium prosthesis costs less than Porcelain Noble Metal.
Implant Brands & Quality in Costa Rica
Sometimes, a dentist abroad may offer low-cost implants of cheap quality. We encourage our clients to research and choose only clinics that offer high-quality dental implant brands.
Some of the reputed brand used by our partner dental clinics include:
|Nobel Biocare||OCO Biomedical|
These implants are available worldwide, so if you face any issue with the implant, you can consult your local dentist also.
Patient Review for Implant
Dental Implant Options in Costa Rica
Dental implants are metal posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone. In simple words, they are a tooth root replacement. Additional components i.e. abutment and crown or denture help to restore the visible part of the tooth.
Many implant options are available in Costa Rica:
- One-piece Implant: These are implants with an inbuilt abutment. Usually, zirconia implants come with a fused fixture and abutment.Pub-Med Abstract “After 3 years in function, the investigated one-piece zirconia implant showed a high survival rate and a low marginal bone loss.” View in Article
- Two-piece Implants: The abutment and implant come in a pair. The abutment has to be attached to the implant and is a separate component.
- Multi-implant Systems: Dentists use a special technique to restore the entire jaw.Nobel Biocare What is a dental implant solution? “Usually each tooth is replaced with one implant per tooth. But if you need to replace many missing teeth or even an entire jaw, there are other solutions.” View in Article This can be done using only some number of Implants. These are commonly called All-on implant systems. Example:
- Mini Implant: When the bone height is very less, smaller implants, called mini implants are used.
- Immediate Load Implants: Getting implants can require two visits with a gap of 5-10 months.Colgate Same Day Dental Implants vs. Traditional “The traditional method of placing an implant involves extracting the decayed tooth, waiting two to four months for the socket to heal, inserting the implant, waiting another three to six months for osseointegration and then, finally, placing the crown on the implant.” View in Article Same-day Implants help with immediate tooth restoration.
- Zygomatic Implant: In case the upper jaw can’t support implants, Zygoma, or the cheekbone is used.American College of Prosthodontics Zygomatic Implants “The “graftless” option uses the zygomatic implant… Recent protocols have evolved that use multiple zygoma implants in each zygoma.” View in Article
Dental Implants Vs. Tooth-supported Bridges
|Point of Comparision||Dental Implants||Dental Bridges|
|Nature||Fixed and permanent||Fixed on neighboring teeth|
|Invasiveness||Surgery required||Surgery not required|
|Stability||More stable||Less stable|
|Durability||Last a lifetime||Lasts about 5-10 years|
|Effect on Next teeth||No effect||Trimming needed|
References: AAIDAAID Implants versus dentures and bridges “Dental implants are increasingly becoming a popular alternative to dentures and bridges. Compare the options and see why…” View in Article, ColgateColgate Dental Bridges and Implants “Dental bridges and implants are constructed differently. A bridge is made of a false tooth suspended between two crowns…” View in Article
Costa Rican Implantologist & Quality
Dentists in Costa Rica have done formal training in the United States at OCO Biomedical. Along with dental specialty, dentists have done fellowships in Implantology. Also, our Costa Rican Implantologists are registered with:
- ADA (American Dental Association), under No. 171365329
- Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica (Association of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica), under No. 1654099
Our partner clinics are members of AAID and ICOI.
AAID (American Academy of Implant Dentistry), is a professional organization in the world dedicated to implant dentistry.
AAID currently represents over 4,000 dentists worldwide.
ICOI (International Congress of Oral Implantologists) is the world’s largest dental implant organization. It is also the world’s largest provider of continuing dental implant education.
The dental clinic boasts of state-of-art technology such as:
- CAD/CAM technology
- Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) for diagnosis.
- Three-dimensional CT scan imaging with SCANORA® 3D and panoramic X-rays
You can read about the technology available in our partner dental clinics here.
How to Get Dental Implants in Costa Rica?
It is easy to get implants in Costa Rica. Just follow the given steps:
1. Fill the Request Form, Email us or chat with us on this page. Our case manager will discuss your dental needs & preferences.
2. DentaVacation emails a price estimate based on your preliminary information.
3. Get custom treatment options by sharing any existing treatment plans, photographs, X rays, or CT scan you may have. This helps get a more accurate price & probable trip duration.
4. Trip Planning: Our team discusses with you ideas on trip planning (hotels, airfare, and even tourist options)
5. After you arrive in Costa Rica, you will receive dental work. Depending upon your package you also get a complimentary hotel, airport, clinic appointment, and transfers.
6. Our customer care will keep in touch with you in the post-treatment period to help with any issues.
Why choose Costa Rica for Dental Implants?
Safety and low prices in Costa Rica make it the favorite dental tourism destination in Central America.
It is much cheaper to get dental implants in Costa Rica than in the United States. Even after spending money on plane tickets and hotel stay, most people still save quite a bit of money.
Costa Rica is a short flight from major US cities such as Miami, Dallas, and other major US cities. Visitors traveling by plane usually arrive at San Jose International Airport (IATA: SJO).
Citizens of the USA, Canada, and the EU do not require a Visa.Costarica.org The First Group “Citizens of the first group of countries do not require a Costa Rica visa. The First Group of Countries are: AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA… CANADA… SPAIN, UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN, UNITED STATES.” View in Article
You may be asking, “Is it safe to get dental implants in Costa Rica?” Costa Rica has a motto Pura Vida means pure life. Costa Ricans take every opportunity to enjoy life, and this carefree term expresses general satisfaction.
You will be safe as long as you use common tourist safety precautions.Lonely Planet Costa Rica in detail “Costa Rica is a largely safe country, but petty crime (bag snatchings, car break-ins etc) is common…” View in Article Take advice from authorities, hotels, and tour operators when here. You can read more about safety in Costa Rica here.
4. Tourism Options
Costa Rica has splendid beaches, opportunities for excellent fishing, great water sports. It gives endless options for getting close to nature.
“3 million people in the United States have implants, a number that is growing by 500,000 annually”AAID What are dental implants? “3 million people in the United States have implants, a number that is growing by 500,000 annually.” View in Article
Discounts & Specials on Tico Implants
Current discount special for Full mouth restoration with All on 6 or 8 implants in Costa Rica is for US$10,750 (
This price includes implants, bridge, teeth removal, and bilateral sinus lift.
|Procedure||Cost (USA)||Discount Cost|
|All on 6/8 upper or lower with Porcelain bridge||$24,000||$10,750
|All on 6/8 upper or lower with Zirconium bridge||$24,000||$10,750
*Discounts and specials for All on 4 and single implants may also be available.
Costa Rica Dental Implants FAQ
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at reputed dental destinations across the world. For more on the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica, contact us now.