A full mouth restoration/rehabilitation/reconstruction is a process of reconstructing a patient’s entire set of teeth. Dental tourism abroad in places like Costa Rica, Mexico, Thailand, Colombia, Vietnam, and India makes it possible for patients to get quality full mouth restorations completed at cheaper prices.
A full mouth reconstruction is a highly individualized treatment; hence, no two full mouth restorations are the same.
Benefits of Full Mouth Restorations
The aim of the treatment is generally any one, or more, of the following:
- Improve aesthetics and functionality.
- Correct any defects in the gum or underlying bone.
- Create a better jaw alignment.
- Enhance gum health.
- Restore missing teeth with single or full mouth implants.
- Correct any anomalies of the teeth.
Conditions Addressed by Full Mouth Reconstruction
A wide variety of oral problems can be solved by a full mouth reconstruction:
- Severely worn teeth
- Missing teeth
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Jaw pain and headaches due to bite problems
Dental Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Rehabilitation
It is a highly customized treatment and the specific procedures needed vary from patient to patient. Multiple treatment options are available to address different kinds of problems.
The treatment is typically done in successive phases and requires multiple appointments.
- Porcelain veneers may be used on the front teeth to fix your smile and appearance.
- In cases where decay has extended to the pulp, a root canal treatment is required. A crown is then placed on top of the tooth which has been treated if a filling would not be structurally sufficient.
- If the damage to teeth is extensive, they may not be restorable. In these cases, the teeth will need to be extracted.
- Dental bridges can be used to replace missing teeth. Bridges cover the gaps created by missing teeth.
- Dentures are used to fill gaps where one or more teeth are missing. These can broadly be classified into three types: conventional, immediate, or implant-supported dentures.
- In case of missing teeth, single or multiple dental implants are used. The number of implants depends on the number of missing teeth and their positions. Various systems of multiple implants are available. These are All-on-4, All-on-6, and All-on-8 implants.
- In cases where you do not have sufficient jawbone remaining for implants, a bone graft is performed. These bone substitutes can be biological (natural) or synthetic. These bone substitutes can be biological (natural) or synthetic.
- Corrective jaw surgery (often in conjunction with orthodontics) is performed to fix major skeletal and dental irregularities, including the misalignment of jaws and teeth. These surgeries can improve chewing, speaking, breathing, and aesthetics.
How Much Do Full Mouth Reconstructions Cost?
Full mouth reconstruction prices vary widely, depending on the treatments and the location you choose.
In the United States and Canada, the cost of full mouth restorations varies from about $22,000 to $80,000, depending upon your needs. The average price is $50,000.
The cost of full mouth rehabilitation in India begins from $5,018.
|Country||Implant||All on 4||Crown|
*Prices may vary with the condition of your teeth.
|Cost of Dental Implants Abroad|
|Country||Single Implant||All on 4/6/8|
|India||$418||$3,346 – $6,000|
|Mexico||$750||$8,500 – $12,000|
|Costa Rica||$710||$8,500 – $12,000|
|Colombia||$700||$7,000 – $10,000|
|Thailand||$757||$9,696 – $9,150|
|Vietnam||$700||$7,000 – $14,000|
|Cambodia||$700||$7,000 – $10,000|
*Prices may vary based on the condition of your mouth.
|Porcelain Crown for Implants|
|Porcelain E-Max Crown for Implants|
|Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown|
*Prices may vary with the condition of your teeth.
In Australia, you have to shell out around $35,000 for a full mouth reconstruction. In the U.K., you will need to pay $25,747-$64,367 for this procedure.
If you don’t want to pay so much money for treatment, what are your options?
Full mouth restorations in Mexico, Costa Rica, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia, India, and other prime dental tourism destinations are available for a fraction of the cost charged in the US, Canada, or Australia.
Full Mouth Reconstruction: Before and After
Only someone who has undergone the procedure can show you the best results. See for yourself how the full mouth reconstruction procedure has changed the smiles of people.
FAQs on Full Mouth Rehabilitation
Is the procedure painful?
With modern local anesthetics and sedation, no dental procedure needs to be painful.
What type of dentist does a full mouth reconstruction?
Since it is a complex treatment, it may require multiple dental specialists. Typically prosthodontists specialize in full mouth reconstructions.
However, general, restorative, and cosmetic dentists can offer a full mouth reconstruction (sometimes with oral surgeons or periodontists performing some of the surgical work required.)
Are tooth extractions necessary?
One or more teeth may need to be extracted during a full reconstruction case. This will be discussed with you at the time of your consultation, and a treatment plan will be made accordingly.
How long does a full-mouth restoration take?
The length of time for a full-mouth restoration depends on the specific procedures and treatments needed. Usually, it takes at least several months to a year to complete all the steps.
When can I go back to work?
Typically, after every significant dental procedure/surgery, a rest period of 3-7 days is recommended. According to the data published on https://www.nafsiyat.org.uk/viagra-online/, in order to diagnose erectile dysfunction, determine its possible causes and choose an adequate treatment, it is necessary to collect a complete medical history and perform a full physical exam. Patients with anatomical penile abnormalities should use Viagra with caution.
Is a full mouth reconstruction the same as a smile makeover?
No, these are two different procedures. The main difference is that a smile makeover is mostly a cosmetic procedure. It is designed to rejuvenate the teeth and gums using cosmetic dentistry techniques.
On the other hand, a full mouth reconstruction is intended to address not only the aesthetics but function of the mouth and other oral concerns.
Can I get dental implants in the full mouth?
Yes, you can get full-mouth dental implants as long as there are sufficient healthy bone levels where they are to be placed. We have low-cost options for full-mouth dental implants available in Mexico, Thailand, Costa Rica, and India.
How long do the results last?
You can expect to see your results last a long time if you follow your dentist’s instructions correctly, exercise proper diligent home care, and visit the dental office at least every six months for checkups.
Does insurance cover full mouth reconstruction?
Insurance may or may not cover the cost of a full mouth reconstruction. Depending on your specific dental insurance plan, you may be eligible for partial or full coverage of the procedure. Keep in mind that insurance plans have limitations on what they do and do not cover.
For example, insurance may cover traditional dentures, but you might have to pay for implant-retained dentures out of your pocket.
Contact us for more information on low-cost full-mouth restoration abroad.