Dental Work in Romania: Things To Know Before Planning a Trip
Is the high cost of Dental work in your home country prompting you to explore less-expensive options? Dental work in Romania offers affordable quality service from well-trained dental specialists. 
Video Courtesy: Nelstill
Bucharest, the capital city of Romania, is widely known as “Little Paris of the East”. Many factors justify this title.
One being that Romania has most French learners in a non-french-speaking country. 
This European city is famous for its mountains, hiking trails, and castles. There’s a lot that you can do in between your dental appointments.
If the tales of Transylvania fascinate you, get ready to explore Romania!
Cost of Dental Work in Romania
Getting dental care in Romania can help you save more than half the costs back home.
To compare how much dental work in Romania costs compared to the US or Canada, see the cost table below:
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|All Four Implants||$4,250||$24,000||$14,000|
|All-on-6 Dental Implants (+Fixed Hybrid Acrylic Bridge/ jaw)||$5,700||$31,000||$30,000|
|Implant (Single tooth)||$1,000||$4,000||$3,200|
|Crown (Same day)||$200||$1,500||$400|
|Root Canal Treatment||$130||$2,000||$600|
|Zoom Whitening||$250||$900||$ 385|
*Prices may vary as per case complexity.
As seen in the table, Americans will spend about 50-80% less by opting for Dental tourism in Romania.
All on 4 Implants alone help you save up to 70% over the cost in the UK!
Save ~70% on quality dental treatment!Request free quote
Why get Dental Work in Romania
Affordability | Tourism | Flexible Appointments
Not only dental work costs, but everything from accommodation and transportation to food is affordable in Romania.
It is often listed when talking about the cheapest countries in eastern Europe. 
Romania is known for rich cultural heritage, history, arts & scenic beauty. 
Since treatments and procedures sometimes take several days, you could take a short break and enjoy a vacation in Romania.
However, most clinics are also open on weekends by appointment. So, you could fly over for a long weekend without disturbing your regular schedule.
Top Dental Clinics In Romania
- Provide world-class treatments.
- Technology and material are imported from countries like France, the UK, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, and the USA.
- Flexible appointments with no waiting time are available.
- The clinic is also open on weekends by appointment.
- CEREC (one visit crowns & bridges),
- Smile Design, and
- 3D diagnostics.
- Convenient Location: 20 mins drive from Timișoara Airport (TSR)
- Personalized treatments with a free consultation and diagnosis
- State-of-the-art equipment and advanced technology for correcting the aesthetic and functional defects
- Romanian Association of Dentists with Private Practice (AMSPPR)
- Ministry of Health (Romania)
Consult certified dentists at the best Romanian clinicsCall now!
Dental Tourism In Romania
Bucharest is a vibrant cosmopolitan city known as “Little Paris” of the East.
Dental tourism to Romania allows you to explore and enjoy many fun activities, from mountain treks and seaside trips to visiting historical sites.
Here are some interesting must-see tourist places in Romania:
Bran’s castle is famously known as Dracula’s Castle. Built on a hill (Carpathian-Mountain-Chain) in Transylvania, it links to the famous Dracula legend. 
Located 80 miles south of Bucharest, Peleș Castle served as a summer house to King Carol I. Its known to be the first castle in Europe to have electricity. 
The castle is a tribute to an intellectual girl by her father, Bogdan-Petriceicu Hasdeu. Iulia Hasdeu was the only child of this intellectual Romanian. 
Go Hiking and explore the wilderness. These are an East-word continuation of the Alps. Covering about 80,000 sq. miles, it is home to Europe’s 65% primeval forests. 
From National parks to universal resting parks, Romania has it all. With a total of 14 national parks,  the Romanian govt happily invites tourists to explore them!
It's Europe’s largest wetland. A UNESCO world heritage site. With over 300 species of birds, it may help to bring out the bird watcher inside you. 
St. George’s Church
Located in Bucharest, Romania; Significance: Wallachian prince Constantin Brâncoveanu was buried here. 
UNESCO world heritage site; Significance: Architectural evolution through different periods in Romania. 
Located in Bucharest, Romania; Significance: Largest autocephalous, Eastern church in the Balkan Peninsula. 
The Palace of Parliament
Constructed to represent socialism, communism, and totalitarianism. After the 1989 Revolution its a symbol of democracy. World’s 2nd largest administrative building. 
Carved Danube Mountain
In the city full of historical monuments, this is a rather recent creation. Built between 1992-2001, its the largest stone sculpture near a riverbank. 
Arc of Triumph
Located in Bucharest, officially called The Arc de Triomphe (1922). Erected to celebrate the great unification in 1918 and victory of the Romanian army in WWI. 
How to Reach Romania
Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport [OTA] is the main airport in Romania.
Located in the North of Bucharest, it receives flights from various international locations:
Flight Map to Bucharest International Airport [OTP]
The table below shows flight details of some major locations to Bucharest Airport, Romania.
|City||Duration||No. of stops|
|London, UK (LHR)||3 hrs 00 mins||Non-stop|
|Birmingham, UK (BHX)||4 hrs 55 mins||1 stop|
|Edinburgh, UK (EDI)||6 hrs 35 mins||Non-stop|
|Paris, France (BVA)||2 hrs 50 mins||Non-stop|
|Rome, Italy (FCO)||4 hrs 50 mins||Non-stop|
|New York (JFK)||11 hrs 30 mins||1 stop|
- Language: Romanian is the native language. However, English, Italian, French, and German are widely spoken almost everywhere in Romania. 
- Romanian Language Phrases:
English Romanian Hello “Salut.” (sah-LOOT), Bună How are you? “Ce mai faci?” (chey my FAHTCH) Thank you “Mulţumesc” (mool-tzoo-MESK). “Merci” can also be used instead. Nice to meet you “Încântat” (oohn-koohn-taht) or “Îmi pare bine” (OOHM pah-reh BEE-neh) Please Vă rog” (vuh ROHG) Ticket “Bilet” (Be let)
- Transportation: Romania is well connected to the rest of Europe by busses, airplanes, and trains.
- Public transport like buses, trams, and the metro are available within Bucharest. 
- Currency: Even though Romania is part of the
, the currency is the Romanian leu (the currency code for Lei is RON).
- Exchanging currency on the streets is strictly prohibited. 
- Affordability: Things are very affordable compared to Western Europe. Attractions and entertainment are considerably cheap.
- Moreover, food can be as cheap as $8 a lunch meal (a drink included). 
- Safety: The place is known for no terrorism, low violent crime, and low petty crime.
- The US govt. suggests LEVEL-1 precautions,  and UK advisory also considers Romania safe for tourists. 
- Emergency Ph No.: For general emergencies like police, fire, or ambulance, dial 112.
Dental work in Romania can get you healthy teeth and relaxing vacation. Contact us for a free quote or other queries!
Romania has moderate weather with long cold winters and hot summers. So, it’s good to travel to Romania round the year.
Still, the transition occurs from mid-May through mid-September, where you enjoy the sunshine with comfortable temperatures!
BBD, Romania accepts cash, bank transfer (to be cleared in advance), and credit/ debit cards (except American Express).
No, the BBD does not accept dental insurance. However, low costs will allow you to have quality treatment without burning a hole in your pocket.
The clinic offers a 3-year guarantee on various treatments. You can connect with our case managers for details.
The staff at BBD speaks English, French and Italian.
- Before the appointment: Know the best clinics, doctors, complete cost in advance.
- During the appointment: Free shuttle service to and from the Airport & Hotel/ Clinic.
- After the appointment: Connect for follow-ups and queries.
'Noroc' to a radiant, beautiful smile!Let's visit Romania