Dental Implants in Romania
A dental implant is the next big thing to naturally smiling teeth. But the cost is a pain in the nerve. Are you looking to explore cost-effective options?
Dental implant in Romania offers high-quality dental services at affordable prices. 
Video Courtesy: Touropia
Romania with its capital city, Bucharest, offers a unique travel experience.
A dynamic country rich in history and beauty also offers the best cosmetic dental practices around the world. 
Amidst a population of 21,302,893, Romania has well-experienced implantologists.
They offer high-quality dental services at a low cost.
Compared to Western Europe, the price can be up to 70% less than the price of dental treatment in Romania.
Cost of Dental Implants in Romania
The cost of a dental implant depends on the following factors:
- Number of implants
- Types of implants
- Location of the implants
- Additional procedure required for implants
The following table displays the expected cost of implants in Romania v/s US, UK, and Australia:
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|All-on-6 Dental Implants|
|All-on-4 Dental Implants|
|Bone Graft Full Arch|
As seen in the table, one can expect to save more than 70% on all-on-four alone!
Pay 70% less on quality dental treatmentRequest a free quote
Why get Dental Implants in Romania
Romania in Eastern Europe gives you many reasons to travel for dental implants. Some of the important reasons include:
Compare the cost and success rate of Romania teeth implants, you’ll realize that the country is low on cost but high on success rate.
The costs are comparatively less than in other European countries like Spain and Italy. 
🕑 Shorter Dental Periods
Apart from having cost-effective dental treatment, Romania is known to have shorter dental periods. 
The corporate profits tax, VAT, labor costs, and the cost of running any business, including a clinic, are comparatively lower than in Europe.
✈️ Tourism Sector
Romania is a beautiful city to explore in between your dental appointments.
The country is known for scenic drives, castles, fortresses, painted monasteries, world heritage sites, and black sea resorts. 
Get FREE consultation from specialized dentists!Contact us now!
A Basic Guide to Dental Implant
What is Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root used to replace the missing tooth.
Any oral condition like tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma that leads to broken teeth requires such a kind of artificial replacement.
This replacement becomes important because it:
- Reduces the chance of bone loss in the empty space
- Reduces the chance of contracting gum diseases
- Aligns your biting to make chewing easier
- Improves the look, feel, and function of natural teeth
Dental Implants vs. Traditional Dental Treatments
In the early days, the missing tooth was often replaced using bridges and dentures.
However, today, dental implants are preferred over traditional dental treatments.
Here is a comparison between implants, dentures, and bridges:
Dental Implants v/s Dentures v/s Bridges
|Dental Implants||Removable Dentures||Dental Bridges|
|Titanium tooth inserted into the jawbone||Removable tooth or frame comprising of many teeth||Creates a bridge using surrounding teeth|
|Nature of Treatment
|Fixed and permanent||Removable and temporary||Rarely lasts a lifetime|
|Free from problems||Unstable and inconvenient||Underlying structural problems|
|Most stable||Least stable||Less stable|
|Lifetime||Relined every few years||Reworked every few years|
Over many years, dental implants are preferred over dentures and bridges. It has a success rate of around 90%–95%. 
Know the Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process is a five-stage process:
- Identifying the problem
- Understanding the treatment options
- Physical examination, CT scans, and X rays
- Getting a clear idea of internal dental structure
- Considering the status of the dental structure
- Finalizing the right treatment
- Consider all the stages involved
- Keep in mind the elements required
- Placing the implant in the proper manner
- Local anesthesia is given to drill small space in the jawbone
- An incision in the gum in made
- Implant screwed in the space created
- A temporary crown is added
If an additional process like bone grafting is required, it is either done 3 to 4 months before the implant or along with the implant.
- A healing cap is placed
- The bone fuses with the implant (osseointegration)
- The permanent cap is placed and covered with a crown
- The phase takes 3 to 6 months
- After complete healing temporary crown is removed
- The permanent crown is placed on the implant
What are the Types of Dental Implants
There are two primary types of implants: 
- Endosteal: The implant is made of titanium. It is inserted in the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal: The implant is inserted under the gum, above the jaw bone. This happens when bone health is weak.
Dental implants are also classified based on the number of implants:
One implant for a missing tooth.
Single Dental Implant
More than one implant to replace several missing teeth. For example, all-on-4 and all-on 6 dental implants.
All on 4 Dental Implant
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants
The advantages of dental implants are:
- Increased dental aesthetics delivers a confident look
- Perfectly placed implants improve speech
- Improved oral health and hygiene for a lasting period
- Artificial tooth beholds longer durability
Potential Risks Associated with Dental Implants
Patients undergoing implant surgery may experience the following risks:
- Movement of an implant from the original place
- Exposure of implant
- Infection in the implanted tooth
- Reduced sensation in the area of the implant
- Opening of the incision
However, when performed by a well-qualified dentist, the risks involved are minimal.
An Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants
An ideal candidate for a dental implant is one who is:
- Above 18 years
- In optimum physical and oral health
- Has healthy gums and jawbone
Who Should Not Go for Dental Implants
Mostly, patients with the following conditions should not go for the implants:
- Metabolic diseases
- Bone disorders
- Acute illness
- Addiction to smoking
- Oral cancer
- Heart conditions
- Blood disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Habits like tooth grinding
But again, a doctor can advise best if you are a good candidate for implants.
Top Dental Clinic in Romania
- GCR internationally accredited clinic 
- Maintains international dental standards
- Located in the heart of Romania’s capital city, Bucharest
- Flexible appointments with clinics open on weekends
- Stringent implant protocols for personalized implant dentistry
- High-quality implants available from Nobel Biocare Romania
- Dental technology, equipment, and materials imported from countries like Germany, USA, Italy, and the UK
BBD’s comparative scores by GCR reflect that it one of the best clinics in Bucharest. 
- Feedback score 5/5 (+26% above vs. country avg.)
- Services score 4.5/5 (+220% above vs. country avg.)
- Facilities score 4/5 (+89% above vs. country avg.)
Best Dental Implantologists in Romania
There are many experienced and expert dentists specializing in Bucharest dental implants. The top names include:
EducationAlexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași
- CMDR registered
- Clinical Referent of Bredent Implants
How to Reach Romania
The best way to reach Romania is through the flight.
The key airport there is the Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport [OTP] in Bucharest.
The airport receives many flights from international destinations:
Flight Details to Bucharest [OTP]
|Origin Destination||Flight Duration||Flight Details|
|London (LHR), USA||3 Hours 00 Minutes||non-stop|
|Paris (BVA), France||2 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Rome (FCO), Italy||4 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Edinburgh (EDI), UK||6 Hours 35 Minutes||non-stop|
Dental implants in Romania are high in quality and low in cost. DentaVacation facilitates dental work in Romania. You can contact us for a free quote!
If you maintain good oral hygiene, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
No! just treat implants like your natural teeth and follow the routine care and maintenance.
Yes, BBD is specialized in dental tourism.
The entire staff of BBP is fluent in English, French, and Italian.
International patients for dental implants commonly come from many countries, including the UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, and the USA.
The clinic offers a 3 years guarantee on dental implants.
Smoking will increase your pain and will also lead to the failure of dental implants.
Hence, it is recommended that you stay away from smoking for a couple of weeks after the surgery.
For a couple of days, it is recommended to have a semi-solid or soft diet.
Later, you can get back to your regular diet.
Yes, we do offer a free consultation in case you experience any problem.
You can get in touch with us any time if you feel any sort of discomfort or pain in the area of surgery.