A dental implant is the next big thing to naturally smiling teeth. But the cost is a pain in the nerve. Are you looking to explore cost-effective options? Dental implant in Romania offers high-quality dental services at affordable prices.Romania Insider Romania, an emerging destination for dental tourism due to low prices “Romania is thus beginning to compete more and more seriously with other European countries with a tradition in dental tourism, due to the low prices and the quality of services.” View in Article
Video Courtesy: Touropia
Romania with its capital city, Bucharest, offers a unique travel experience. A dynamic country rich in history and beauty also offers the best cosmetic dental practices around the world.Romania Tourism Romania Medical Travel “Romania is home to some of the best cosmetic dental a practice around the globe says RNCOS in its latest research study.” View in Article
Amidst a population of 21,302,893, Romania has well-experienced implantologists.Oxford Business Group People & Society – Romania “Population: 21,302,893 (July 2020 est.)” View in Article They offer high-quality dental services at a low cost. Compared to Western Europe, the price can be up to 70% less than the price of dental treatment in Romania. (see cost table)
Cost of Dental Implants in Romania
The cost of a dental implant depends on the following factors:
- Number of implants
- Types of implants
- Location of the implants
- Additional procedure required for implants
The following table displays the expected cost of implants in Romania v/s US, UK, and Australia:
|All-on-6 Dental Implants|
|All-on-4 Dental Implants|
|Bone Graft Full Arch|
As seen in the table, one can expect to save more than 70% on all-on-four alone!
Why get Dental Implants in Romania
Romania in Eastern Europe gives you many reasons to travel for dental implants. Some of the important reasons include:
- Affordability: Compare the cost and success rate of Romania teeth implants, you’ll realize that the country is low on cost but high on success rate. The costs are comparatively less than in other European countries like Spain and Italy.Statista Dental implant costs in selected countries in Europe 2016 ” This statistic presents the cost of dental implants in selected countries in Europe in 2016. Among those listed, the United Kingdom was the most expensive country for dental implants at 3,500 US dollars, compared to 850 US dollars in Croatia.” View in Article
- Shorter Dental Periods: Apart from having cost-effective dental treatment, Romania is known to have shorter dental periods. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research Results “Romania was found to have shorter dental treatment periods.” View in Article
- Business-Friendly Policies: The corporate profits tax, VAT, labor costs, and the cost of running any business, including a clinic, are comparatively lower than other European countries.
- Tourism Sector: Romania is a beautiful city to explore in between your dental appointments. The country is known for scenic drives, castles, fortresses, painted monasteries, hiking trails, traditional villages, world heritage sites, and black sea resorts. Romania Tourism Main Attractions ” Black Sea Resorts, Castles & Fortresses, Danube Delta, Medieval Towns, The Carpathian Mountains, The Painted Monasteries, Medical Spas, Traditional Villages, World Heritage Sites.” View in Article
A Basic Guide to Dental Implant
What is Dental Implant
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root used to replace the missing tooth.
Any oral condition like tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma that leads to broken teeth requires such a kind of artificial replacement. This replacement becomes important because it:
- Reduces the chance of bone loss in the empty space
- Reduces the chance of contracting gum diseases
- Aligns your biting to make chewing easier
- Improves look, feel, and function of natural teeth
Dental Implants vs. Traditional Dental Treatments
In the early days, the missing tooth was often replaced using bridges and dentures. However, today, dental implants are preferred over traditional dental treatments.
Here is a comparison between implants, dentures, and bridges:
|Dental Implants||Removable Dentures||Dental Bridges|
|Titanium tooth inserted into the jawbone||Removable tooth or frame comprising of many teeth||Creates a bridge using surrounding teeth|
|Nature of Treatment|
|Fixed and permanent||Removable and temporary||Rarely lasts a lifetime|
|Free from problems||Unstable and inconvenient||Underlying structural problems|
|Most stable||Least stable||Less stable|
|Lifetime||Relined every few years||Reworked every few years|
Over many years, dental implants are preferred over dentures and bridges. It has a success rate of around 90%–95%.NCBI Introduction ” 90%–95% has been reported as the success rate of implants over the 10 years.” View in Article
Know the Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process is a five-stage process:
First stage: Consultation
- Identifying the problem
- Understanding the treatment options
- Physical examination, CT scans, and X rays
- Getting a clear idea of internal dental structure
Second stage: Treatment Plan
- Considering the status of the dental structure
- Finalizing the right treatment
- Consider all the stages involved
- Keep in mind the elements required
Third stage: Implant Placement
- Placing the implant in the proper manner
- Local anesthesia is given to drill small space in the jawbone
- An incision in the gum
- Implant screwed in the space created
- A temporary crown is added
If an additional process like bone grafting is required, it is either done 3 to 4 months before the implant or along with the implant.
Fourth stage: Healing Phase
- A healing cap is placed
- The bone fuses with the implant (osseointegration)
- The permanent cap is placed and covered with a crown
- The phase takes 3 to 6 months
Fifth stage: Final Appointment
- After complete healing temporary crown is removed
- The permanent crown is placed on the implant
What are the Types of Dental Implants
There are two primary types of implantsMedical News Today Types ” There are two types of dental implant: endosteal and subperiosteal.” View in Article:
- Endosteal: The implant is made of titanium. It is inserted in the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal: The implant is inserted under the gum, above the jaw bone. This happens when bone health is weak.
Dental implants are also classified based on the number of implants:
- Single Unit Implants: One implant for a missing tooth.
- All-on Implant Systems: More than one implant to replace several missing teeth. For example, all-on-4 and all-on 6 dental implants.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants
The advantages of dental implants are:
- Increased dental aesthetics delivers a confident look
- Perfectly placed implants improve speech
- Improved oral health and hygiene for a lasting period
- Artificial tooth beholds longer durability
Potential Risks Associated with Dental Implants
Patients undergoing implant surgery may experience the following risks:
- Movement of an implant from the original place
- Exposure of implant
- Infection in the implanted tooth
- Reduced sensation in the area of the implant
- Opening of the incision
However, when performed by a well-qualified dentist, the risks involved are minimal.
An Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants
An ideal candidate for a dental implant is one who is:
- Above 18 years
- In optimum physical and oral health
- Has healthy gums and jawbone
Who Should Not Go for Dental Implants
Mostly, patients with the following conditions should not go for the implants:
But again, a doctor can advise best if you are a good candidate for implants.
Top Dental Clinic in Romania
Bucharest British Dental Place (BBD), Bucharest
It is one of the best dental clinics for implants in Romania. The clinic is run by UK trained dentists dedicated to providing high standards of dental services. Some highlights of the clinic are:
- GCR internationally accredited clinicGCR Accreditation ” This clinic has officially proven to have a level of expertise, facilities, services & patient responses well above current international clinic standards.” View in Article
- Maintains international dental standards
- Located in the heart of Romania’s capital city, Bucharest
- Flexible appointments with clinics open on weekends
- Stringent implant protocols for personalized implant dentistry
- High-quality implants available from Nobel Biocare Romania
- Dental technology, equipment, and materials imported from countries like Germany, USA, Italy, and the UK
BBD’s comparative scores by GCR reflect that it one of the best clinics in Bucharest.GCR Accreditation “Feedback score 5/5 (+26% above vs. country avg.)Facilities score 4/5 (+89% above…)Services score 4.5/5 (+220% above…)” View in Article
Feedback score 5/5 (+26% above vs. country avg.)
Services score 4.5/5 (+220% above vs. country avg.)
Facilities score 4/5 (+89% above vs. country avg.)
Best Dental Implantologists in Romania
There are many experienced and expert dentists specializing in Bucharest dental implants. The top names include:
How to Reach Romania
The best way to reach Romania is through the flight. The key airport there is the Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport [OTP] in Bucharest. The airport receives many flights from international destinations:
|Origin Destination||Flight Duration||Flight Details|
|London (LHR), USA||3 Hours 00 Minutes||non-stop|
|Paris (BVA), France||2 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Rome (FCO), Italy||4 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Edinburgh (EDI), UK||6 Hours 35 Minutes||non-stop|
FAQs Dental Implants in Romania
How long does a dental implant last?
If you maintain good oral hygiene, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
Do implants need special care and maintenance?
No! just treat implants like your natural teeth and follow the routine care and maintenance.
Do you receive international patients already?
Yes, BBD is specialized in dental tourism.
Which languages does the staff at the clinic speak?
The entire staff of BBP is fluent in English, French, and Italian.
Which countries do international patients come from?
International patients for dental implants commonly come from many countries, including the UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, and the USA.
What kind of warranty/guarantee does the clinic offer?
The clinic offers a 3 years guarantee on dental implants.
Can I smoke after the procedure?
Smoking will increase your pain and will also lead to the failure of dental implants. Hence, it is recommended that you stay away from smoking for a couple of weeks after the surgery.
What kind of diet should I follow after the implant procedure?
For a couple of days, it is recommended to have a semi-solid or soft diet. Later, you can get back to your regular diet.
If the patient faces a problem after the treatment, do you offer a free consultation or re-treatment?
Yes, we do offer a free consultation in case you experience any problem. You can get in touch with us any time if you feel any sort of discomfort or pain in the area of surgery.