Video Courtesy: UltramodernHome
Romania beholds the most inspiring scenic beauty. This includes black sea resorts, splendid mountains, hike trails, beautiful rolling hills, numerous rivers, and plateaus rich with orchards.
With the growing tourism sector, the country takes its position as one of the popular destinations for dental tourism.GDPUK Romania now top dental tourist country “According to a recent survey, Romania has emerged as one of the most popular destinations in Europe for dental treatments on account of unprecedented growth in its dental market over the recent years.” View in Article
The country is home to many good dentists. This has eventually increased the flow of dental tourists from the U.S. Moreover, it is constantly seeing an increase in dental tourists from Latin America and the Middle East.GDPUK Romania now top dental tourist country “Increase in medical tourists from the Middle East and other Latin American countries in coming years will also pave way for the Romanian dental market in coming years.” View in Article
Cost of Dental Crowns in Romania
The table below shows how cheap dental crowns in Romania are, as compared to the USA, UK, and Australia.
|Romania||USA | Canada||UK||Australia|
|Porcelain Crowns for Implants|
|$250||$1,137 | $1,500||$540||$950|
|$280||$1,750 | $2,000||$660||$1,450|
|Full Porcelain Crowns|
|$340||$1,900 | $3,000||$932||$937|
|Porcelain E-Max Crown for Implants|
|$400||$1,200 | $1,800||$635||$2,000|
Dental crowns in Romania vs dental crowns in the US, the prices are up to 83% cheaper in Romania. When you consider dental crowns in Romania vs the UK, the prices are 64% cheaper.
What’s more, the quality is up to the mark with international standards. You can expect brands like Inno, Axiom, Bicon for Implant prosthetics.
The best and cheapest dentistry is when the right thing is done extremely well the first time and it lasts for a long time.
Why get Dental Crowns in Romania
Romania proves to be a perfect place overseas for cheap dental work available with international standards of quality. You can expect the following benefits by opting for dental work in Romania:
- Affordability: Romania offers a win-win situation for both quality and price. Porcelain crowns in Romania are 64% cheaper than the UK and 83% cheaper than the US. (see cost table)
- Ease of Communication: There is no language barrier in Romania as all the dentists and the majority of the local people are fluent in English, French, and Italy.World Atlas What Language Do They Speak In Romania? “English is followed closely by the French language, which is spoken by 24% of the population. Other less common foreign languages within Romania are Italian, spoken by 7% of the population, and German, spoken by 6% of the population.” View in Article
- Tourism Sector: Romania being a popular destination for dental tourists is also a beautiful place to explore. It has the best of scenic beauty, world heritage sites, castles, painted monasteries, and hiking trails.Romania Tourism Main Attractions ” Black Sea Resorts, Castles & Fortresses, Danube Delta, Medieval Towns, The Carpathian Mountains, The Painted Monasteries, Medical Spas, Traditional Villages, World Heritage Sites.” View in Article
Overview of Dental Crowns
Dentists often recommend dental crowns to people experiencing issues with their teeth. A dental crown is necessary to cover damaged teeth or the ones with decay.
These crowns aim to enhance the alignment, functionalism, and appearance of teeth. In case you have got an implant, you can cover it with a dental crown. This would deliver function and appearance similar to an original tooth to it.
What is a Dental Crown
A dental crown is actually a cap or cover, shaped like a tooth. It has to be placed over the tooth to get it covered. A dental crown encases the overall external part of your teeth above the gum when placed in the right position.
In general, dentists recommend these crowns for patients with damaged or decayed teeth. At times, people with weakened teeth also need to use these crowns.
You may also use a dental crown if you have a cavity in your teeth, too large to be filled. People undergoing root canal therapies often develop a worn-down tooth. At times, cracks develop in your tooth as well.
A dental crown is necessary to restore the original looks and functional value of your teeth. It also adds to the aesthetic value when considering to win the world by your smile.
Types of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can be of three types. Depending on the function and location of your teeth, the dentist would suggest the material.
In general, three types of dental crowns are available in the market, depending on the material. These include:
- Porcelain/ceramic crowns
- Metal crowns
- Porcelain fused with metal crowns (PFM)
Some more recent, yet successful crowns are:
- Zirconium Crowns
- E- MAX crowns
Sometimes, the material to be used in a dental crown depends on how much portion of your tooth is visible during smiling.
- This type of dental crown is completely made of ceramic or porcelain.
- People who experience some kind of allergy with metal crowns can opt for these.
- Aesthetically, porcelain crowns look appealing.
- Porcelain crowns carry the natural color of tooth enamel.
Porcelain Fused with Metal Crowns (PFM)
- In this type of dental crown, a thin porcelain layer is topped over a crown made of metal.
- These require a lesser structure of the tooth to be removed.
- In general, dentists recommend them for premolars or the side teeth.
- Over a period of time, the crowns may lead to chipping or cracking.
- This crown made of zirconium dioxide is the most common type of crown.
- The crowns are strong and durable with lower possibilities of chipping or breaking.
- The crowns are metal-free, likely to cause less allergic reactions. NCBI Conclusions “The results showed resin-modified glass-ionomer based cement less produced inflammatory cytokines than other self-adhesive resin-based cements. Furthermore, osteoblasts were more susceptible than fibroblasts to the biological effects of dental cement.” View in Article
- Zirconia-based crowns have improved aesthetic look over other types of dental crowns.
E- MAX Crowns
- This is the newest type of all-ceramic crowns made of lithium disilicate glass.
- These are known for excellent aesthetics, durability, and strength.
- The crowns are translucent and are perfect for the restoration of front teeth.
- The crowns have higher prices for the benefits it delivers.
- Metal dental crowns can be of two types: base metal alloys and gold alloys
- They do not fracture, which makes it worth your money.
- These perfectly suit back teeth that generally do not remain in sight.
- Metal dental crowns lack aesthetics and do not look original.
These days zirconia-based crowns are most common and preferred over other types. This is because of its natural-looking appearance, strength, durability, and affordability.
Dental Crown Procedure
Dental Work Procedure
- Firstly, the original tooth has to be prepared for installing the crown. It is trimmed properly, ensuring that it perfectly fits under the cover.
- Next, the experts take your tooth impressions, which are dispatched to the lab to develop a permanent crown.
- The experts deliver an accurate fit to the crown using computer-aided manufacturing technology.
- In the process, the crowns get customized as per the requirement.
- In the final stage, the crown is installed permanently to the tooth by the dentist.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
In case you have tooth issues, you might consult your dentist and get a crown. These crowns come with several advantages. Read on to understand how a dental crown can help you.
- Even when your tooth is filled heavily with little original substance left, dental crowns can support and cement it together.
- Your tooth gets its natural look. With technological advancements, dentists can perfectly match the color of crowns and the natural tooth.
- Your damaged or weak teeth get a significant amount of support from dental crowns.
- Inside your mouth, you would get a natural feeling, as the dental crowns come perfectly tailored for each individual.
- Over extended use, dental caps become loose as the cement gets dissolved. However, you can get it cemented back to its position easily.
Best Dental Clinic in Romania
Bucharest British Dental Place (BBD), Bucharest
BBD provides cost-effective dental work with state-of-art dental care. Run by highly ethical and passionate dentists, the clinic works personalized treatment plans free from anxiety and pain.
Dental crowns in Romania YouTube testimonials and reviews are a live testimony to the success of the clinic.
When you think about dental crowns in Romania history, BBD has marked a significant position due to the following factors:
- Mercury-free dental practices that are safe and scientifically proven.
- Dental equipment and materials imported from France, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, and the USA.
- Highest level of international standards followed by countries including Canada, the United States, Western Europe, and Australia.
- Hi-tech 3D CAD/CAM technology for quality production of beautiful and natural-looking teeth.
CEREC Technology at BBD
Awards and Accreditation:
- GCR accreditation
- Ranked 58th GloballyGCR Bucharest British Dental Place “Ranked 58th globally” View in Article
- ISO 9001 certification
Best Dentists in Romania
The most experienced dentists of Romania are:
Getting to Romania by Air
Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport [OTP] in Bucharest is an important airport in Romania. Find the flight details from major locations below:
|Origin Destination||Flight Duration||Flight Details|
|London (LHR), USA||3 Hours 00 Minutes||non-stop|
|Paris (BVA), France||2 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Rome (FCO), Italy||4 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Edinburgh (EDI), UK||6 Hours 35 Minutes||non-stop|
FAQs Dental Crowns in Romania
Do you treat international patients?
Yes, the clinic specializes in dental tourism. International patients come from many countries, including the UK, Switzerland, and the USA.
Which languages does the clinic staff speak?
The dentists and professionals of BBP are fluent in English, French, and Italian.
Does the crown feel anything different?
No. You may feel different for some time after the crown is placed. Later on, you will have no sensation of having a crown.
Are Dental Crowns in Romania Expensive?
Talking about the cost in Romania, the following displays the expected prices:
- Porcelain Crown for Implants (with Abutment): $250
- Porcelain E-Max Crown for Implants (with Abutment): $400
- Full Porcelain Crown (with Abutment): $340
- Zirconium Crown (with Abutment): $280
This is up to 83% cheaper copared to the prices in US! Thus, dental crowns in Romania are cheap and not expensive.
How many visits does it take to place a dental crown?
The clinic offers high-tech 3D CAD/CAM technology that makes it convenient and possible to place a dental crown in just one visit.
Is a local anesthetic required to place a dental crown?
A local anesthetic is required to ensure that there is no pain or discomfort in the gum tissue.
Do I have to change my dietary habits after a dental crown?
For a couple of hours, you have to consider eating soft foods. Later on, you can continue with your regular diet.