Dental crowns in Romania have become popular in recent years. This is because the country provides high-quality standards of dental work at affordable prices.
Video Courtesy: UltramodernHome
Romania beholds the most inspiring scenic beauty.
This includes black sea resorts, splendid mountains, hike trails, beautiful rolling hills, numerous rivers, and plateaus rich with orchards.
With the growing tourism sector, the country takes its position as one of the popular destinations for dental tourism. 
The country is home to many good dentists. This has eventually increased the flow of dental tourists from the U.S.
Moreover, it is constantly seeing an increase in dental tourists from Latin America and the Middle East. 
Cost of Dental Crowns in Romania
The table below shows how cheap dental crowns in Romania are, as compared to the USA, UK, and Australia.
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Romania||USA / Canada||UK||Australia|
|Porcelain Crowns for Implants|
|$250||$1,137 | $1,500||$540||$950|
|$280||$1,750 | $2,000||$660||$1,450|
|Full Porcelain Crowns|
|$340||$1,900 | $3,000||$932||$937|
|Porcelain E-Max Crown for Implants|
|$400||$1,200 | $1,800||$635||$2,000|
Dental crowns in Romania vs dental crowns in the US, the prices are up to 83% cheaper in Romania.
When you consider dental crowns in Romania vs the UK, the prices are 64% cheaper.
Moreover, the quality is up to the mark with international standards. You can expect brands like Inno, Axiom, and Bicon for Implant prosthetics.
Flaunt your smile while saving 85%!Request quote
Why get Dental Crowns in Romania
The best and cheapest dentistry is when the right thing is done extremely well the first time, and it lasts for a long time.
Romania is a perfect place overseas for cheap dental work with international standards of quality.
You can expect the following benefits by opting for dental work in Romania:
- Affordability: Romania offers a win-win situation for both quality and price. Porcelain crowns in Romania are 64% cheaper than in the UK and 83% cheaper than in the US. (see cost table)
- Ease of Communication: There is no language barrier in Romania as all the dentists, and the majority of the local people are fluent in English, French, and Italian. 
- Tourism Sector: Romania being a popular destination for dental tourists, is also a beautiful place to explore. It has the best scenic beauty, world heritage sites, castles, painted monasteries, and hiking trails. 
Overview of Dental Crowns
Dentists often recommend dental crowns to people experiencing issues with their teeth.
A dental crown is necessary to cover damaged teeth or the ones with decay.
These crowns aim to enhance the alignment, functionalism, and appearance of teeth. In case you have got an implant, you can cover it with a dental crown.
This would deliver function and appearance similar to an original tooth to it.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is actually a cap or cover, shaped like a tooth. It has to be placed over the tooth to get it covered.
A dental crown encases the overall external part of your teeth above the gum when placed in the right position.
In general, dentists recommend these crowns for patients with damaged or decayed teeth. At times, people with weakened teeth also need to use these crowns.
You may also use a dental crown if you have a cavity in your teeth, too large to be filled. People undergoing root canal therapies often develop a worn-down tooth.
At times, cracks develop in your tooth as well.
A dental crown is necessary to restore the original looks and functional value of your teeth.
It also adds to the aesthetic value when considering to win the world by your smile.
Types of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can be of three types. Depending on the function and location of your teeth, the dentist would suggest the material.
In general, three types of dental crowns are available in the market, depending on the material. These include:
- Porcelain/ceramic crowns
- Metal crowns
- Porcelain fused with metal crowns (PFM)
Some more recent, yet successful crowns are:
- Zirconium Crowns
- E- MAX crowns
Sometimes, the material to be used in a dental crown depends on how many portions of your tooth is visible during smiling.
Porcelain crowns carry the natural color of tooth enamel.
- This type of dental crown is completely made of ceramic or porcelain.
- People who experience some kind of allergy to metal crowns can opt for these.
- Aesthetically, porcelain crowns look appealing.
In this type of dental crown, a thin porcelain layer is topped over a crown made of metal.
- These require a lesser structure of the tooth to be removed.
- In general, dentists recommend them for premolars or side teeth.
- Over a period of time, the crowns may lead to chipping or cracking.
This crown made of zirconium dioxide is the most common type of crown.
- The crowns are strong and durable with lower possibilities of chipping or breaking.
- The crowns are metal-free, likely to cause less allergic reactions. 
- Zirconia-based crowns have improved aesthetic look over other types of dental crowns.
This is the newest type of all-ceramic crowns made of lithium disilicate glass.
- These are known for excellent aesthetics, durability, and strength.
- The crowns are translucent and are perfect for the restoration of front teeth.
- The crowns have higher prices for the benefits it delivers.
Metal dental crowns can be of two types: base metal alloys and gold alloys
- They do not fracture, which makes it worth your money.
- These perfectly suit back teeth that generally do not remain in sight.
- Metal dental crowns lack aesthetics and do not look original.
Dental Crown Procedure
Dental Work Procedure
CEREC Technology at BBD
- Firstly, the original tooth has to be prepared for installing the crown. It is trimmed properly, ensuring that it perfectly fits under the cover.
- Next, the experts take your tooth impressions, which are dispatched to the lab to develop a permanent crown.
- The experts deliver an accurate fit to the crown using computer-aided manufacturing technology.
- In the process, the crowns get customized as per the requirement.
- In the final stage, the crown is installed permanently to the tooth by the dentist.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
In case you have tooth issues, you might consult your dentist and get a crown. These crowns come with several advantages.
Read on to understand how a dental crown can help you.
- Even when your tooth is filled heavily with little original substance left, dental crowns can support and cement it together.
- Your tooth gets its natural look. With technological advancements, dentists can perfectly match the color of crowns and the natural tooth.
- Your damaged or weak teeth get a significant amount of support from dental crowns.
- Inside your mouth, you would get a natural feeling, as the dental crowns come perfectly tailored for each individual.
- Over extended use, dental caps become loose as the cement gets dissolved. However, you can get it cemented back to its position easily.
Best Dental Clinic in Romania
- BBD provides cost-effective dental work with state-of-art dental care.
- Run by highly ethical and passionate dentists, the clinic works on personalized treatment plans free from anxiety and pain.
BBD has marked a significant position due to the following factors:
- Mercury-free dental practices that are safe and scientifically proven. Dental equipment and materials imported from France, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, and the USA.
- Highest level of international standards followed by countries including Canada, the United States, Western Europe, and Australia.
- Hi-tech 3D CAD/CAM technology for quality production of beautiful and natural-looking teeth.
Awards and Accreditation:
- GCR accreditation
- Ranked 58th Globally
- ISO 9001 certification
Get low-cost dentistry at Bucharest British Dental!Contact clinic
Best Dentists in Romania
ExpertiseOral Surgery, Extraction
EducationMisch Implant Institute program
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Specialist in cases of complex rehabilitation and high aesthetic requirements
Patient Reviews for Dental Work in Romania
Getting to Romania by Air
Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport [OTP] in Bucharest is an important airport in Romania. Find the flight details from major locations below:
Flight Details to Bucharest [OTP]
|Origin Destination||Flight Duration||Flight Details|
|London (LHR), USA||3 Hours 00 Minutes||non-stop|
|Paris (BVA), France||2 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Rome (FCO), Italy||4 Hours 50 Minutes||non-stop|
|Edinburgh (EDI), UK||6 Hours 35 Minutes||non-stop|
Affordable and superior-quality dental crowns in Romania can take place in just one visit.
Not only they are affordable, but you get treated at a renowned clinic by certified dentists.
Yes, the clinic specializes in dental tourism. International patients come from many countries, including the UK, Switzerland, and the USA.
The dentists and professionals of BBP are fluent in English, French, and Italian.
No. You may feel different for some time after the crown is placed. Later on, you will have no sensation of having a crown.
Talking about the cost in Romania, the following displays the expected prices:
- Porcelain Crown for Implants (with Abutment): $250
- Porcelain E-Max Crown for Implants (with Abutment): $400
- Full Porcelain Crown (with Abutment): $340
- Zirconium Crown (with Abutment): $280
This is up to 83% cheaper compared to the prices in the US! Thus, dental crowns in Romania are cheap and not expensive.
The clinic offers high-tech 3D CAD/CAM technology that makes it convenient and possible to place a dental crown in just one visit.
A local anesthetic is required to ensure that there is no pain or discomfort in the gum tissue.
For a couple of hours, you have to consider eating soft foods. Later on, you can continue with your regular diet.
Romania is ready to sort your dental woes!Plan my trip