Find Your Perfect Smile With Dental Work in Hungary
Dental problems can be tough on your well-being and your savings. Worry not! We have a solution for you, affordable and safe dental work in Hungary. Continue reading ahead.
Hungary has a fine reputation for high-quality care at a low cost.
It is proved by the fact that the country is the 2nd most preferred dental destination on the globe. 
Read ahead to know more about the country’s best dental clinics and surgeons.
Video Courtesy: Grace Media
What Are the Popular Dental Services in Hungary?
You can get high-quality dental services in Hungary. Experienced and licensed dentists perform the treatments.
Listed below are some of the popular procedures available here:
Bridges and crowns
Dentures and dental implants
Complete smile makeover
Oral and maxillofacial surgeries
Fillings (silver, gold, or composite resins)
Cost of Dental Work in Hungary
In Hungary, dentist prices are 40-70% less than in the UK and other Western European countries.
Procedures like all on 4 dental implants in Hungary cost you $5,200 per arch, while the same costs $15,000 in the UK.
You can get porcelain veneers in Hungary at $405, whereas in the UK, they’ll cost you a whopping $1,100.
Dental Work in Hungary Cost Comparison (USD)
|All-on-4 Dental Implants||$24,000||$16,000||$6,350|
|All-on-6 Dental Implants||$28,000||$18,000||$6,550|
|All-on-8 Dental Implants||$35,000||$20,000||$12,000|
|Porcelain Emax Crown (per unit)||$200||$1,500||$600|
|Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown||$1,200||$1,000||$350|
|Zirconium Crown (per unit)||$2,000||$1,500||$450|
|Porcelain Veneers (per unit)||$2,100||$1,100||$405|
|Snap on Denture (2 implants)||$6,000||$5,000||$2,110|
|Regular Teeth Cleaning||$550||$400||$92|
|Teeth Whitening (in office)||$1,000||$620||$296|
|Fixed Clear Braces||$6,000||$4,200||$2,780|
*Prices are case dependent
Get rid of dental problems at 70% of the costGet free quote today!
Why Is Hungary the Best Destination for Dental Work?
Budapest, Hungary accounts for 40% of Europe’s share of global dental tourism.
It is the European “mecca” for dental treatments due to the following reasons:
The ideal cost-benefit ratio is the primary reason for getting dental work in Hungary. You can save up to 70% of the cost here than in the UK.
Clinics in Hungary offer much lower prices than in Europe. The following reasons owing to the low costs-
- Hungary has a high VAT rate in Europe at 27% but excludes dental work. 
- The cost of living is low.  So rents, labor costs, and business rates are low.
- Low education fees, although education is on par with international standards. 
- Rising technology standards at low expenses. 
Affordable Dental Work in Hungary
Investment from the Hungarian government and the EU has added to the quality of dentistry. 
With international training and experience, Hungarian dentists offer top-quality dental care. It is at par with the rest of Europe.
Due to strict European standards, high-quality materials  and advanced technology are used in dental practices.
The clinics offer Alpha Bio, Nobel Biocare, and Megagen implants.
Excellent Guarantee Terms
The government requires local clinics to give a 2-year guarantee for dental work. For dental implants, our clinics offer a 10-year warranty.
Hungary is situated in central Europe and borders 7 countries. Its favorable geographical location attracts a high number of visitors. 
Hungarian dentists have a high level of education and training. The staff is highly skilled, and you’ll be in safe hands here.
Experienced Dentists in Hungary
English Speaking Dentists
Hungarian dentists and staff in the clinics are fluent in English. You don’t have to be concerned about communication gaps here.
As a member of the EU, travel to and from Hungary is easy for European residents.
- Hungary has a developed infrastructure, low-cost airlines, and ease in the rules and regulations for medical / tourist visas.
- Hungary provides a great experience for dental care. You can enjoy a vacation while recovering from dental treatment.
Hungarian Dental Vacation
Top Dental Clinics in Hungary
Choosing a trustworthy dental clinic can be time-consuming and hectic. If that’s your case, then we have sorted your search.
Listed below are the top dental clinics in Hungary.
- Advanced technological equipment
- An experienced and skilled team of dentists
- English speaking staff
- Pick-up and drop-off services from the airport
- The clinic accepts payments by cash, credit cards, and bank transfers
- A skilled team of dentists
- Latest dentistry equipment
- English speaking staff
- Pick-up and drop-off services from Budapest airport
- Lifetime guarantee on dental implants and 5-year guarantee on crowns and bridges
Best Dentist in Hungary
Dentists in Hungary are highly qualified and trained in various specialties. We’ve picked the best dentists in the country for you.
ExpertiseDental Implants & Oral Surgery
EducationUniversity of Debrecen
- 2-year work experience in Great Britain
- Worked both in the national healthcare system and private dental clinics
- Experienced in the field of ambulatory oral surgery, dental surgery and implantology
ExpertiseMaxillofacial Surgery, Esthetic Dentistry and Implantology
EducationUniversity of Debrecen, Faculty of Dentistry
- Professional training accredited by Dentium in Korea and Dubai
- Member of Hungarian Chamber of Medicine, Dentistry Faculty
- Fluent in English
ExpertiseDental Implants & Smile Makeover
- Nobel Biocare Advanced Implantology course with Prof. Istvan Urban
- Member of Hungarian Medical Chamber
EducationUniversity of Debrecen, Faculty of Medicine
- Member of Hungarian Chamber of Dentistry, Council of General Dentistry, Norwegian Chamber of Dentistry
- Fluent in English, Hungarian, Norwegian, Farsi
- Attended various seminars and conferences related to dentistry
- Planning and execution of complex prosthodontic rehabilitations - Dr. János Grosz
- Journey to the tip of the root of the tooth, Theoretical and practical Endodontics course Basic and Intermediate level-Dr. Gergely Benyőcs
Tired of long waiting lists at dentists? Don't be!Book your appointment
Dental Work in Hungary Reviews
The five-day treatment for four dental implants was conducted in a highly professional environment.
They are very helpful, and the dentists are also very experienced in the profession. I recommend it to everyone.
Amazing service from the beginning to end, you cannot fault this place. Staff are very experienced.
Before After Teeth Whitening in Hungary
Dental Tourism in Hungary
Hungary gives rise to feelings of history and traditions at every turn.
From Budapest, known as the city of lights, to the beautiful views in the country, Hungary has a lot to offer its visitors.
Let’s look at the amazing tourist attractions you can explore in Hungary.
Lake Balaton spreads across 50 miles and is a regionally important freshwater lake. It’s also the largest in Central Europe. 
Building this impressive structure took 17 years.  Each part of the building carries important historical and political messages.
Looking for a relaxing time with a rich heritage experience? Hungary is the place to go. Hungary has more medical spas than anywhere in Europe.
Buda Castle houses a national gallery with many famous and vital Hungarian artworks. The famous Budapest History Museum is also a part of the castle.
You’ll always find something delicious when it comes to Hungarian food. Listed below are some of the famous Hungarian dishes you should try:
Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
How To Reach Hungary?
Hungary has 6 International airports.
The Budapest airport saw an increase of over 750% in passengers in January 2022, compared to the same month last year. 
Flights to Hungary
Flight Duration to Hungary
|City||Duration||No. of Stops|
|Paris, France (ORY)||2 hrs||Non-stop|
|London, UK (LGW)||2 hrs 35 mins||Non-stop|
|Dublin,Ireland (DUB)||3 hrs||Non-stop|
|Edinburgh, UK (GLA)||3 hrs||Non-stop|
|Manchester, UK (MAN)||5 hrs 35 mins||1 Stop|
|Vancouver, Canada (YVR)||13 hrs 40mins||1 Stop|
We can help you book flights as per your requirements.
Going About in Hungary
You can travel around easily in Hungary. The country’s transportation system is both efficient and affordable. 
Mode of Transport in Hungary
Travel Tips for Dental Work in Hungary
Your passport must be valid for a period of 180 days beyond your duration of stay. 
- It allows third-country nationals to enter the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days within 6 months for tourism only.
- Non-European citizens must apply for a short-term Schengen visa under the “tourist” specification. 
- UK citizens don’t require a Schengen visa to enter Hungary. 
The best time to travel to Hungary is summer, especially from May to September.
Weather in Hungary
|Winter||November to February||-9° to 8° C|
|Spring||March to May||4° to 22° C|
|Summer||June to August||14° to 27° C|
|Autumn||September to November||6° to 24° C|
The official language of Hungary is Hungarian. Although, the dentists are well versed in English.
The currency of Hungary is the Hungarian Forint.
International roaming rates are pretty high. That is why we recommend getting Hungarian sim cards that are relatively cheaper.
There are many plans you can choose from the providers listed below: 
- Magyar Telekom
- Vodafone (Available at Budapest International Airport as well)
Our clinics recommend nothing but the best places for you to stay in Hungary.
- NH Hotel
- Senator Apartments
- T62 Hotel
- K+K Hotel Opera
- Leonardo Hotel Budapest
- Corinthia Budapest
BKK FUTÁR: It’s a free app that shows real-time data on the vehicles’ locations.
Pocket Guide: A location-based audio guide that you can download and use offline.
MOL Bubi: It is a public bike-sharing service app with a total of 2,071 bikes at 156 locations all around Budapest
Budapest Design Map: It shows about 150 Budapest design hotspots, including maps and directions, photos, and descriptions.
GoodGuy Taxi and Uber: A digital tool that helps you to plan your ride, along with tracking your route and extra charges, and get a rough fare calculation for the journey
- Take sensible measures against petty crimes such as pick-pocketing.
- Don’t carry much cash in public places.
- Always book a taxi from a trustworthy company.
- Always carry at least one ID proof.
- Make sure you have your passport throughout the trip.
- While driving, make sure you follow the traffic rules.
- Those on prescription medications carry enough medicines as some may not be legal or available in Hungary.
- Hungary is in the CET zone, which means –1 hour compared to Greenwich Time. Ensure to reset your watch accordingly.
Source: Gov.uk  
Is Hungary Safe for Dental Tourism?
Hungary is safe for travelers. According to The Global Peace Index 2021, Hungary ranked 19th with a peace index of 1.494. 
Although violent crime is low in Hungary,  there are some common tourist traps and petty crimes like pickpocketing and thefts from vehicles.
As a dental tourist, you need to research the dental clinic you’ll visit. Some safety factors to keep in mind are:
- Qualifications of the dentists
- Sterilization procedures followed at the clinic
- Quality of brands
- State-of-the-art technology
- Good reviews
Does Hungary seem like a great option now? Then don’t delay your treatment anymore! We can help you smile brighter at reasonable costs.
Get the best dental work in Hungary and enjoy a relaxing holiday as a bonus.
Our case managers are here to guide you. For more information on dentists and clinics in Hungary, contact us.
In Hungary, dentist prices are much lower than in the USA and UK. The cost is 40-70% less than in the UK.
For example, dental veneers in Hungary cost $360 – $560 in Hungary compared to the UK’s $520 – $1300.
The total cost will vary as per the type of treatment you need.
In Hungary, dental implants cost $900 while $1,900 in the UK. All on 4 dental implants cost around $5,200 – $7,500 compared to the UK’s $16,000.
The end cost may vary depending on your treatment.
The cost of dental crowns in Hungary may range from $100 – $1,000. While the same costs $1,500 in the UK. Thus, you end up saving 80%!
The clinics offer ceramic, porcelain, and zirconium crowns. However, your actual cost will be based on the treatment you need.
Yes, the clinic can assist with the paperwork to get reimbursement for dental bills from the insurance company.
Yes, you can travel to Hungary for dental treatment. However, you must regularly check the travel guideline updates to avoid inconveniences.
You need a valid passport and a visa to travel to Hungary.
Hungary no longer requires a vaccine certificate or negative COVID test report for entry.
However, please check the requirements regularly to avoid trouble.