Dental care costs are experiencing an upward trend in the US, Canada, the UK and other developed countries in the West and this is why going to Mexico, a value-for-money dental tourism destination, for getting treated is becoming an attractive option. Teeth bridges in Mexico are now a popular choice for many people who are not only looking to cut the costs of their treatment to replace missing teeth, but are also hunting for a place to have a holiday.
Dental tourism in Mexico is a rising phenomenon, thanks to many Americans who cannot afford dental care. According to a report by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) published in July, 2011, one out of every sixteen children did not have access to dental care in the United States in 2008 because their families could not afford it. This naturally translates to the whole family not having access to dental care. Given the rising dental care costs in the States, affordable dentistry in Mexico suddenly becomes a much more attractive option.
Why Go for Teeth Bridges in Mexico?
According to the figures given out in the article Medical Tourism: Global Competition in Health Care (published in the National Center for Policy Analysis November 2007) by Devon M. Herrick, Mexico is not only a place to save on dental costs, but is also a place where up to 40,000-80,000 senior Americans actually decide to reside because the healthcare system there is superior to that in the United States. This is a testament to the fact that the medical care system in Mexico is more efficient than the overburdened healthcare system in the US.
Here are some of the upsides to getting dental bridges in Mexico.
- Teeth bridges are one of the most common dental procedures which people just can’t afford in many western countries. This is not the case in Mexico.
- Low cost dental bridges and affordable smile makeover are possible in Mexico as their prices in the Latin American country can be up to 50 percent less than what the procedures cost in the United States.
- Mexico houses some of the best dental surgeons in the world today.
- Numerous Mexican hospitals are accredited by the JCI and certified by the ISO.
- Majority of the renowned dentists in Mexico can speak fluent English; so you don’t have to worry about speaking Spanish or facing language constraints.
- Getting teeth bridges in Mexico gives you the opportunity to undergo world class and low cost dental care while you enjoy a holiday!
- The reputable hospitals and dental clinics in Mexico also make use of sleep dentistry techniques to keep dental anxiety in check.
Overall Cost of Dental Bridges in Mexico
- The teeth bridges cost in Mexico are significantly lower than in nearly every developed Western nation. However, figures may differ when comparing the different areas of Mexico.
- Many experts estimate that even after considering expenditure related to transportation and lodging, you will still be paying only a fraction of the cost of the treatment alone in the United States.
- Do not forget to factor in the cost of your holiday when planning to get dental bridges in Mexico, if at all you plan to indulge in some sightseeing.
Getting Fixed Partial Dentures in Mexico – Tips for Your Trip
- Drink only bottled water which has been sealed prior to you opening it.
- Avoid accepting any suspicious packages from natives or other tourists.
- Watch out for pickpockets in the big cities.
- Do not flash your cash or show off your valuables in public.
- Make sure you look into whether the procedure you plan to undergo is FDA approved or not.
- Mexico generally has hot weather; so it’s advised that you visit the country during the winter months between December and February if you are not used to hot weather.
- For those looking for low cost dental surgery in Mexico, there are a variety of different locations to choose from – Cancun, Los Algodones, and many other cities. If you are an American, keep in mind factors such as geographical proximity of the Mexican city as this will help save your travel costs.
- Keep your options open. For Australians, getting dental bridges in India or Thailand would be more logistically viable than getting the prosthetics in Mexico.
Your quest for quality yet low cost dental bridges abroad should end in Mexico. Not only can you have affordable teeth bridges in Mexico, but also rejuvenate with a much needed vacation in the sun at the same time.