Dental tourism in Costa Rica has been a rising phenomenon primarily because of the burgeoning oral care costs in the nearby countries such as the US and Canada. An increasing number of offshore patients are thronging this Latin American company to get low cost dental work.
Because of the low cost of living, dental treatments in Costa Rica do not cost as much as they do in First World countries. Take teeth implants, for instance, which are considered a pricey proposition in the developed world. However, even the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica is lower.
As per the Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), medical tourism in Costa Rica rakes in a whopping $60 million annually. The Council had pegged the medical tourism industry in Costa Rica to generate revenue of $100 million in 2011.
Dental Tourism in Costa Rica – Advantages
If you are looking for affordable dental treatments abroad, Costa Rica could be an option worth giving a shot. There are numerous advantages of going for dental work in Costa Rica, some of which are as follows:
- It is much cheaper to get bridges, crowns, and dental implants in Costa Rica than in the United States. Even after spending money on plane tickets and hotel stay, most people still save quite a bit of money.
- Dentists in Costa Rica are highly educated and will astound you with their professionalism. As per PROMED, nearly 80 percent of the physicians have received their education in the US or in Europe.
- They also continue to further their education by conducting researches and attending international conferences and trainings.
- Dental clinics in Costa Rica are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- The reputable dental clinics in San Jose, Costa Rica are hygienic and maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- The renowned clinics of the country have bilingual staff thereby erasing barriers to effective communication.
- Though North Americans have the option of traveling to Mexico for teeth implants and other procedures, the country is notorious for its narcotics-related violence. Costa Rica is a safer bet.
- A dental trip to Thailand or India can also help alleviate one’s dental ailments without burning a huge hole in the pocket but a long flight to these countries can be a dampener for some. Costa Rica’s geographical propinquity entails not only reduced travel time but also lower travel costs.
- Who wouldn’t want to spend a week in the beautiful country of Costa Rica? With some of the best beaches in the world and the most undiscovered collection of flora and fauna, Costa Rica is a paradise. One shouldn’t pass up the opportunity to explore this amazing country. Getting dental work in Costa Rica is the perfect excuse to take the vacation of a lifetime.
Dental Procedures Available in Costa Rica
There are a number of different types of dental procedures to choose from in Costa Rica. A few of them are as follows:
- A smile makeover. This could come in the form of laser whitening, full mouth restoration, or anything else you desire to make your smile the best it can be. Costa Rica is the Mecca of low cost smile makeovers.
- Freedom from Bleeding Gums. If your gums are perpetually bleeding, you may want to consider gum grafts.
- Teeth Replacement. You can get affordable all on 4 and all on 6 implants in Costa Rica to replace your missing teeth.
Costa Rican dental clinics also offer easy-on-the-pocket dental crowns, bridges, veneers, and root canal treatments, among others.
Dental Vacation in Costa Rica – Places of Interest
Costa Rica is one of the most ecologically opulent countries in the world. While on a dental vacation in Costa Rica, do not forget to schedule a tour of some of the must-see places of the Central American country. Some of the popular tourist hotspots are as follows:
- A trip to Costa Rica is incomplete without paying a visit to the gargantuan, lava spewing Arenal Volcano.
- In the vicinity of the volcano is the picturesque Arenal Lake Reservoir.
- The Venado caves bear testimony to the Mother Nature at her best. The cave is a labyrinth of stalactites and stalagmites, rivers, and even fossils!
- The Tamarindo beach is famous for its gigantic waves and is a paradise for surfers.
- You can go on a walking tour of the Manuel Antonio National Park.
- A good way to learn about nature is to be a part of the zip-line and canopy tours, which are ubiquitous in Costa Rica.
The popularity of dental tourism in Costa Rica is bound to soar in the times to come as the country’s numerous modern clinics provide low cost dental procedures without compromising on quality.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.