Do you feel embarrassed by your cracked teeth? Don’t worry. Dental crowns in Costa Rica can rescue your teeth affordably with quality dentistry. Interested?
Read this article to find the cheap and best crown that fulfills your needs.
Low cost dental crowns in Costa Rica – Patient Testimonial
As people become more conscious about their appearance, dental crowns are starting to brand themselves as a necessity and not a mere luxury.
Of course, everybody wants that perfect set of teeth for an impeccable smile.
Several countries offer high-quality and low-cost dental crowns. But why is Costa Rica a top option among dental tourists? Let’s explore!
Why Choose Dental Crowns in Costa Rica?
Substantial savings – Costa Rica’s dental costs for crowns are as much as 80% lower than in the US and Canada.
High-quality treatment – The country offers world-class dental care facilities and services. 
Competent dentists – Our partner dentists are trained in the US and registered with AAID, ADA, and ICOI.
English-speaking dentists – Costa Rica dentists involved in dental tourism speak fluent English. 
Ease of travel – The country is less than 3 hours away from the nearest American airport.
Safe destination – With low crime rates, Costa Rica is often called the “Switzerland of Central America.” 
A rejuvenating vacation – A country rich in nature and wildlife, sandy beaches, and uninhabited tropical islands. 
The following section may give you a fair idea for those wondering how much to pay for dental caps in Costa Rica.
Dental Crown Cost in Costa Rica
Expect 70 – 80% savings with low cost teeth caps in Costa Rica. Let’s break down the pricing for more clarity.
The average cost of a dental crown in Costa Rica ranges from $395 to $550.
The cost varies depending on the crown material and the amount of preparatory work required.
In Costa Rica, PFM crowns cost as little as $395, saving you 74%. A porcelain crown costs $410 here, while it may exceed $1,800 in the US.
Even for expensive procedures like E-max and zirconia crowns, you can expect savings up to 77% in Costa Rica.
Dental Crown Cost Comparison (USD) – US Vs. Canada Vs. Costa Rica
|Crown type||US||Canada||Costa Rica|
|Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown||$1,500||$1,200||$395|
Prices are subject to change.
If you are looking for bridge work, a full porcelain 3-unit bridge may cost as much as $6,000 in the US.
In Costa Rica, patients spend less than $1,650 for the same procedure.
Dental Bridge Cost Comparison (USD) – USA vs. Canada vs. Costa Rica
|Crown type||US||Canada||Costa Rica|
|Porcelain fused to metal bridge*||$6,000||$5,500||$1,185|
|Full porcelain bridge*||$6,000||$5,500||$1,650|
|*3 Crown Bridge|
Prices are subject to change.
It is pretty evident from the above table that tooth crown cost in Costa Rica is comparatively lower.
It boils down again to the question of money vs. quality. And it is something you don’t have to worry about.
The significant difference in dental work costs here and in the US comes from cheaper materials, labor, and lower cost of living. 
Now let’s introduce you to some of the renowned dental clinics and dentists in Costa Rica.
Surprise! You can save over 70% on dental crowns?Get quote instantly
Best Dental Clinics in Costa Rica
- Equipped with the latest dental technology and sterilization techniques like autoclaves
- Free initial consultations and different financing options
- Accept payments in cash, wire transfers, Visa, and Mastercard with a surcharge of 3%
- Give a lifetime guarantee on implants, a 5-year guarantee on crowns and bridges, and a 6-month guarantee on composite fillings
- Equipped with advanced technology like CAD/CAM
- Offering single-trip implants for qualified patients
- Multilingual staff who speak Portuguese along with English and Spanish
- Providing free shuttle services to and from the airport
- Accepting payments in cash and credit cards
- Partnerships with over ten hotels in the area for discounted stays
- Eight fully equipped rooms with the option of complete sedation for dental procedures.
- In-house dental lab with state-of-the-art technology such as CAD/CAM, 3D CAT scan imaging, panoramic X-rays, and cone-beam computerized tomography.
- A comfortable waiting area with free Wi-Fi and phone calls to the US and Canada.
- Concierge services Accepting payments in cash, bank transfers, credit cards, and PayPal.
- Offer a lifetime guarantee on dental implants and a 7-year guarantee on crowns and veneers (terms and conditions apply)
- One of the most respected dental clinics in Costa Rica.
- The internationally trained and accredited dentists have placed over 15000 implants with a success rate close to 98%.
- The clinic is state-of-the-art
- Equipped with CEREC: Primescan, MC Xl & Speedfire Oven, Dental Microscope, and many more.
- Using the most advanced dental technology and sterilization methods with ultrasonic cleanings and autoclaves
- Flexible appointments
- Dedicated driver for free pick up and drop off services
- Free parking space for patients 5-15 minutes away from great hotels in the area
- Accept payments in cash, debit, and credit cards
- Equipped with cutting-edge technology and a complete radiology center
- Offering free transportation to and from the airport, hotel, and clinic
- A dedicated parking space for patients who drive themselves
- A short drive away from great hotels in the area with special deals for patients
- Accept payments in cash, bank transfers, debit and credit cards
- Offer a lifetime guarantee on implants and a 1-year guarantee on crowns and bridges
Best Dentists in Costa Rica For Crowns
ExpertiseImplants, Crowns, Veneers
EducationUniversity of Science and Technology (ULACIT)
- Board Certified Dentist
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: Dental Implant Specialist
- Leader in Full Mouth Reconstruction & All-on-4
- Leader in Advanced Orthodontics
- Post-doctoral fellowship in Germany, Argentina, Austria and Spain
- Certificate in Implantology
- Member of the Costa Rica Specialities Dental Board
- Member of the Costa Rica Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
ExpertiseDigital Smile Design (DSD)
EducationUniversidad Latina De Costa Rica
- Surgical Implant Dentistry Level 1 By Zimmer Biomet
- Cosmetic And Adhesive Dentistry By Davinci’s Academy
- Digital Prosthetic And Esthetic Dentistry (Dentsply Sirona)
- Member of American Dental Association
ExpertiseRCT, Implants, All on 4/6/8
EducationUniversidad de Sao Paulo (USP), Brazil
- Certified in the placement of dental implants with formal training in the US
- Endodontics Course in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Looking for the top dentists in Costa Rica?Yes, please!
Costa Rica Dental Reviews For Crowns
Dental Caps in Costa Rica – Before & After Images
Front teeth crowns
Full mouth rehab with individual crowns
Costa Rica Teeth Caps – Reviews
I had done 29 zirconium dental crowns. All my needs were met while I was in country.
Great experience!! I couldn’t be happier. I had two crowns. I have a full smile thanks to LS Dental.
I suffer from anxiety disorder and everyone interacted with caring, patient and highly experienced.
If you are seeking dental crown teeth restoration in Costa Rica, you should know some basics of dental crowns and what to expect.
Here we will tell you everything you need to know about tooth crowns in Costa Rica so that you can make the right choice.
All About Costa Rica Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a cap on top of a broken or worn-down tooth. It can
reshape, strengthen and prevent the tooth from further damage.
When Is a Dental Crown Necessary?
You may need a crown in the following situations:
- Protect a decayed / weak tooth
- Cover a tooth with a large filling
- Hold together a chipped or cracked tooth
- Hide a discolored or misshapen tooth
- Restore a tooth after root canal treatment
- Anchor a bridge or cover a dental implant
A dental crown
Keep reading further to learn about crown types and materials!
Different Types of Crowns in Costa Rica
Today there are different types of crowns depending on materials, cost, and patients’ needs.
The main types of crowns used in Costa Rica dentistry include:
Full Metal Crowns
- All metal crowns have a metallic appearance.
- These restorations are made entirely of metal.
- These crowns are fabricated using dental alloys like gold, copper, platinum, and base metals such as nickel-chromium and cobalt-chromium.
Ceramic (Porcelain) Crowns
- All-ceramic or all-porcelain crowns are made of dental ceramic.
- These are metal-free and resemble the natural tooth.
- Types – Zirconia, Emax, Lava, CEREC.
Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns
- These are metal, ceramic crowns – a hybrid between all-ceramic and all-metal crowns.
- PFM crowns also blend well with the natural teeth’ shape, look, and function.
- Types – Porcelain fused to base metal alloys/titanium alloys/gold alloys.
- A partial crown, such as an onlay or inlay, covers only the damaged part of the tooth.
- It covers less of a tooth than a crown but more than a filling.
- Inlays and onlays protect the tooth and ensure bacteria cannot enter via the tooth cavity.
- These are also called the provisional crowns or interim crowns.
- Temporary crowns are worn between the crown preparation appointment & the cementation appointment.
- These crowns protect your filed-down tooth and the surrounding gum tissues.
When your dentist recommends a crown, you’ll have a choice to choose the material you desire.
The dentist will use the material depending on your needs as well as the availability of the material.
Meanwhile, you should understand the material options and the benefits to make an informed decision.
So, let’s review the pros and cons of the materials used for crown and bridge restorations in Costa Rica.
Comparison of Dental Crown Materials
Do not chip or break
Allergic reactions 
Stronger than ceramics
|Prone to chipping
Wear down adjacent teeth
|Risk of fracture
Source: Animated teeth 
What’s the Best Crown for Your Tooth?
Here we list the kinds of crowns typically made for the best choice for each type of tooth.
Dental Crown Recommendations
|Type of tooth||All-metal^||PFM||Full zirconia||E-max|
|Upper or lower second molars||1||2||3||4|
|Lower first molars||1||2||3||4|
|Upper first molars||X||1||3||2|
|Upper or lower premolars||X||2||3||1|
|An individual upper or lower front tooth*||X||X||X||2|
|All 6 upper or lower front teeth||X||X||X||1|
|1 to 4 – Order of preference|
|*The first choice is any type of all-ceramic crown except those made of high-strength porcelain; ^ Gold alloy|
Courtesy: Dental Economics (Dr. Gordon Christensen, Ph.D.)
Zirconia Vs. Porcelain
Zirconia Vs. Metal Acrylic
Now that you know the various options for dental crown materials, let’s understand the dental crown procedure.
Costa Rica Dental Crown Procedure
Depending on your oral condition, you can get your crown on the 1st visit or 2nd dental visit in Costa Rica.
Dental Crowns Procedure
During the first visit, your dentist will reshape the tooth to support the crown.
An impression of the prepared tooth will be taken and sent to a dental lab.
You will get a temporary crown until the final crown is ready.
The second visit is reserved for permanent crown placement.
CEREC or Same day Crowns in Costa Rica
- Single visit crowns are a convenient and cost-effective way of getting quality crowns in Costa Rica.
- Using 3D Cad/Cam technology, the crowns are designed and milled in the dental office.
It takes only one appointment to design, create, and place the crown, while traditional crown placement takes weeks.
Dental Crowns and Bridges in Costa Rica
- A dental bridge is performed when you miss a tooth or several teeth.
- It is created using two or more dental crowns together.
- Porcelain or metal, a mixture of the 2, or zirconia, is used for making bridges.
Bridgework would generally last around 10 to 20 years before it needs replacement or repair.
How Many Visits Does It Take to Get a Costa Rica Crown?
You would expect two visits. First trip for the crown preparation and temporary crown placement.
If required, additional procedures like crown lengthening or a root canal will be performed during your first visit.
The second trip will be to receive the permanent crown after 2 to 4 weeks.
Dental Holiday in Costa Rica
After getting your teeth restorations in the country, it may help to immerse yourself in the country’s culture and visit some famous attractions.
Here is a video for some must-sees for your treatment-turned-dental vacation.
Video Courtesy: Joyous Travel
Dental crowns perform both functional and cosmetic roles for your teeth. They can add beauty to your smile by covering the imperfections and strengthen your teeth.
Getting dental crowns in Costa Rica is a cheap way of achieving a gorgeous smile.
Moreover, you can enjoy leisure time in one of the most beautiful and safest places on Earth. 
For more information on dental tourism in Costa Rica, contact us!
A dental crown in Costa Rica will cost between $395 and $550, depending on the material used.
It is $395 for porcelain-fused-to-metal, $410 for full porcelain, $450 for zirconia and $550 for E-Max.
Compared to the US, these prices are about 75% less.
All-ceramic crowns in Costa Rica can cost between $410 and $550 per unit.
In contrast, it would be $1,800 in the US and $1,650 in Canada.
Root canal procedures start as low as $250 in Costa Rica, while it is charged above $1,200 in US clinics.
Both the root canal and crown in Costa Rica will cost you less than $750. This cost would be much less than just the crown itself in the US.
Bridges in Costa Rica are affordable, with average prices between $1,185 for a full porcelain 3-unit bridge and $1,650 for a PFM 3-unit bridge.
Compared to the US and Canada, these prices are 70-80% less.
Costa Rica’s one day dentistry allows you to receive a full-functional permanent dental crown in a single trip.
Your dentist will prepare your tooth, take impressions, mill your custom crown in-office, and securely fits over the tooth on the same day.
Get your tooth crowned before it breaks!Visit Costa Rica