Dental Work In India
Dental work in India creates an affordable and safe opportunity for non-insured Americans and Australian residents. For all those people who postpone their dental visits due to unduly expensive treatments in their home country – India is the key.
So, continue reading if you want to reap maximum benefits from dental tourism in India.
Video Courtesy: Indian Globetrotting
Why Is India a Leading Tourism Hub for Dental Work?
With the worldwide recession and eventual revision of healthcare costs, a rise in US dental prices is inevitable.
Therefore, many self-pay/underinsured people choose India for dental work, especially for low-cost dental implants.
Let’s take a look at the benefits that endear overseas travelers to India.
Advantages of Dental Vacation in India
You can save up to 70% or more on all the major dental work in India. Some of the benefits of choosing dental work in India are:
- Probable treatment estimate before booking
- Well-connected dental tourism destinations
- In-house dental labs assure minimum time
- A chance to indulge in the vibrant hues of India
Source: IOSR Journals 
What Is the Cost of Dental Work in India?
Next, the cost of all on 4/6/8 in India ranges from $1,700 to $2,700, while it may exceed $24,000 in the US/Canada.
The dental bone graft cost in India starts from $28 only, whereas it reaches up to $1600 in Australia.
In addition, the full mouth dental implants cost in India helps you reserve a significant value of more than 70% on oral care.
Cost of Dental Treatment in India, US/Canada, and Australia (USD)
|Procedure||USA / Canada||Australia||India|
|3D Scan/ Computed Tomography||$350||$395||$30|
|Composite Filling/ Tooth Colored||$200||$225||$30|
|Crowns and Bridges|
|Full Porcelain Crown||$800||$2,100||$150|
|Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown||$500||$620||$70|
|Implant-Supported Denture (2 implants)||$4,995||$6,700||$2,450|
|All on 4 implants*||$24,000||$25,000||$1,700|
|All on 6 implants*||$29,500||$31,000||$2,100|
|All on 8 implants*||$34,000||$37,000||$2,700|
|Bone Graft Per Unit||$300||$300||$28|
|Fixed Metal Braces||$3,000||$2,000||$350|
|Invisalign (Per Jaw)||$3,000||$1,800||$867|
|Root Canal Treatment||$1,000||$800||$65|
|*including fixed hybrid acrylic bridge per jaw.|
*Prices may vary with the complexity of the case.
In Britain, the NHS covers only a fraction of dental care.
Similarly, major dental treatments like implants, veneers, and cosmetic procedures in Australia are exempted from insurance.
Cost Comparison of Dental Work by Indian Dentist
Paying the full price in these countries (US, Canada, and Australia) can burn a hole in your pocket as they are too costly to afford.
On the contrary, dentistry in India ensures dramatic savings for people in the Middle East and West.
Low-budget dental packages are on your way!Grab your deal!
Is Dental Work in India Safe?
India is a pioneer in dental and medical tourism due to its reputed healthcare monitoring. 
There has been a 30-35% rise in American patients being treated in India each year. 
Unarguably, India is safe for dental tourism.
- You get world-class facilities and internationally trained specialists.
- Indian paramedical talent is acknowledged and accredited globally.
- The dental clinics in India follow state-of-the-art sterilization protocols.
- In addition, dental implants are a big fascination for their nominal rates.
- Language should not be a problem, as India now claims to be the world’s second-largest English-speaking country. 
- While catering to foreign smiles from abroad, dental tourism has formed 10 percent of the total Indian medical tourists. 
- From a security perspective, India is safe for tourists. But you can expect pickpockets and drink spiking in crowded areas.
So it’s important to be extra cautious when you move out alone or in the dark.
Top Dental Clinics in India
Although India is safe, never miss out to look at the:
- Qualifications (BDS/MDS)
- Registration of the dental surgeon – The State Dental Council.
Moreover, you should always check the ratings and certifications of the dental clinic you are visiting.
Associations: DCI , IDA
In this clinic, you get a vast array of services like:
- RCTs & implants
- Braces & aligners
- Crowns & bridges
- Single-visit dentistry
Plenty of hotels lie within a mile radius of the clinic. For example,
- Lemon tree
Smiline Dental has served local and international patients with immense hospitality for over 25 years.
The competent medical/non-medical staff work round the clock to yield the following treatments.
- Oral Surgery
- Full mouth rehab
- Endodontics (RCT)
- Sedation dentistry
- Periodontics (Gums treatment)
- Conservation dentistry (fillings)
- Cosmetic dental work (veneers, smile makeover)
- Prosthetic dentistry (dentures, crowns, implants)
- Certifications: ADA , FDI , AACD , ICOI , AAID
- The clinic uses sterilization protocols under the ADA and the CDC guidelines.
- It offers comprehensive patient care and procedures like implants, RCT, Invisalign, bone graft, sinus lift, and gum depigmentation.
- One of the greatest achievements for the clinic is the award received by NABH.
- It uses the latest dentistry technology and high-quality brands of materials.
- Brands Used: Nobel Biocare, Bredent, Novabone
- The experts allow single-trip implants depending on the patient’s health status.
- Max Dental Care provides excellent oral care under the mentorship of Dr. Gaurav Malik.
- The clinic uses world-leading dentistry brands like Nobel Biocare and Straumann.
- It is well equipped with Primescan and CEREC milling/grinding units.
This clinic offers services like crowns/bridges, periodontal surgery, smile designing, dental implants, instant dentures, etc., under one roof.
It is a 5-minute distance from the hotel stretch.
The hotel names are as follows:
- The Fern
- Radisson Blu
- Hotel Buddha
- Souvenir Hotel
- Jaipur Marriot Hotel
In addition, parking slots are also available solely for patients.
- You get customized treatment plans.
- The dentist uses an intra-oral camera to help you see high-resolution pictures of your mouth.
- Besides, the sunray intraoral sensor shoots X-rays in two seconds.
- The clinic practices holistic/biological dentistry.
- Dent Ally clinic owns felicitations for: Best Dental Clinic Award at India’s Most Trusted Healthcare Awards, Delhi in 2018
- Sterilization monitoring certificate by the University of Louisville
- Certifications: AACD , AAID , BACD
- The multispeciality clinic offers all-preventive, cosmetic treatments, and more.
- You get FREE airport pick-up/drop-off, visa assistance, and on-site language interpreters.
- Best of all, our partner clinic provides FREE teleconsultation and a dedicated relationship manager.
The clinic has been providing top-quality treatment since 2011.
It upgrades yearly to serve patients from more than 19 countries.
For instance, the latest additions include:
- 3shape™ Digital 3D scanner
- Nitrous oxide conscious sedation
- Magnification loupes by Carl Zeiss
- DC X-ray machine with low radiation
- Densah™ to check for compromised bone
- CAS kit by osstem™ for sinus lift surgery
- Physiodyspensor to measure implant osseointegration
- ISO certified clinic
- The clinic has been running for 3 decades. You will admire the subtle ambiance and welcoming staff.
- Indeed, you get global standards of care at genuine rates.
India holds incredible assets besides offering high-quality dental treatment at coveted rates.
Despite this, you should do thorough research on clinics/dentists to access good dental care in India.
Here are some videos for you to watch.
Sterilization in Dental Clinics in India
Dentavacation chosen clinics in India follow 4 step sterilization process:
- Manual Cleaning: Visible deposits on instruments are removed.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning: It cleans instruments in a chamber with ultrasonic waves.
- Packaging and Autoclave: Dried instruments are packed in sealed pouches. Then, marked with the date of sterilization and autoclaved to guarantee 100% sterilization. 
- Ultra Violet Chamber: Keeping the sterilized packages in the UV chamber prevents cross-infection.
- Fumigation of the clinic: It uses chemical steam treatment weekly. The total clinic is fumigated to make the treatment area sterile and safe.
- Monitoring sterilization: Weekly spore tests are the hallmark of sterilization.  Spore system like 3M ESPE is used to monitor sterilization. 
- It comes with 20-year product history and ensures that the sterilization controls and standards are above the required standards.
Best Dentists in India
ExpertiseCosmetic dentistry, dental implants
EducationRajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru
- Certified from Digital Dentistry Institute, US for Advanced Full-Arch Implant Prosthetics.
EducationDelhi-Academy of Dental Excellence
- Certificate of Oral Implantology from Academy of Excellence, Delhi in 2001
- Bone graft & soft tissue graft training from Dr. Jeon
- Associated with RC Gandhi Trust
- International Council of Oral Implantology (US)
- Fellow of ICOI, USA
- Advancement of Oral Implantology
ExpertisePeriodontics & Implantology
EducationRajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Postgrad certification on All On 4 – Prof Paulo Malo
- Advanced Implantology in New York- Nobel Biocare
- Trained with ITI curriculum from University of Hong Kong
- Diplomate of ICOI
- Founder member, Digital Dental Forum
Can't get an early appointment? Skip the hassle!Book now
Top Dental Destinations in India
India has beautiful destinations for globetrotting.
You get the hospitality you deserve along with an unforgettable tour at the cost of next to nothing.
Let’s find out what are the must-visit places in Ahmedabad – India’s first heritage city,  Bengaluru, Chandigarh, and New Delhi.
You get a mesmerizing sunset view with the glow of light from Karachi, Pakistan, on a clear night.
Rani Ki Vav
There are more than 800 elaborate sculptures in seven galleries of Rani Ki Vav– a magnificent stepwell. 
Located on the western coast of Gujarat, it is the first among 12 jyotirlingas shrines of shiva. 
It is a beautiful garden to stroll across many ancient trees that spreads across 240 acres. 
Cubbon Park is picturesque with countless flowers, shady trees, groves, and other flowers.
The holy temple holds a massive Shiva statue where many devotees pray at the temple.
Zakir Hussain Garden is recognized as Asia’s largest garden with around 50,000 rose bushes. 
Nek Chand Saini made waterfalls and sculptures using scrap, industrial, or household wastes.
An artificial lake is created by damming a seasonal river. 150 years old banyan tree stands nearby. 
It is one of Delhi’s top attractions and a renowned UNESCO world heritage site. 
It is an architectural delight made of pure marble. The universal symbol of peace, a lotus flower, gives the temple its name and shape.
The official residence of the President of India is a splendid palatial building having over 340 rooms. 
Bengaluru is an abode to many temples and parks with more than 1000 species of flora.
Similarly, Chandigarh tourism is rich enough to fulfill your demands.
Gateway of India
The 20th-century, 85 feet tall building stands graciously on the Arabian Sea. 
It is a dazzling stretch of 3.5 km made by the Arabian Sea that looks like a Queen’s Necklace.
Haji Ali Shrine
Over 30,000 people visit this spectacular dargah, situated in the middle of the island weekly. 
It is built on a granite hill during the reign of the mighty Kaktiya dynasty.
Qutb Shahi Tombs
In Ibrahim Bagh, there are tombs to honor the seven Qutub Shahi rulers.
Built over more than 45 acres, it is inspired by Tehran’s Shah Iran Palace. 
The magnificent Jaipur palace has a series of courtyards, the Chandra Mahal & Mubarak Mahal.
Situated on the top of Aravali Hill, the majestic building has maze-like passages.
It is the largest stone astronomical observatory in the world that features on UNESCO’s list. 
Rajkot Zoological Park
These Khambhalida Caves are a set of three Buddhist caves, located near Gondal town.
It receives handcrafted dolls & gifts from all over the world, thus in the Limca Book of Records. 
It is a delightful place where one can spend an afternoon lounging around the lake.
The museum in Jaipur showcases various unique handcrafted products that belong to the royal heritage.
Moreover, the architectural masterpieces have significant importance in Indian history.
Mumbai is a city of dreams that never sleeps and keeps many hidden treasures.
The forts serve your purpose of getting acquainted with Hyderabad’s glorious past.
5 Useful Travel Tips to India
Dental treatment in India has a charming proposition. However, you should know a few things before traveling to India.
- Go to the Airtel kiosk to invest in a local sim card.
- Be watchful when in a crowd or using public transport
- Exercise a bit of patience with horrendous traffic in India.
- Walk around with a handful of change to pay for short rides and street food.
- Always keep hard copies of itineraries, flight tickets, hotel stays, and your double-entry tourist visa to India.
Source: NY Times 
Visa Requirements in India
The Ministry of Tourism defines a new category of visas – type ‘M’or medical visas for medical backpackers. 
In order to seek an eMedical visa in India: 
- Firstly you must have a passport from an entitled country valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the country.
- Secondly, foreign nationals must submit a letter from the Indian hospital to collect evidence that they have sufficient funds for the trip.
- Lastly, they should have a return ticket during the application.
For an eMedical visa, the International patients have to pay the visa fee and share their current email ID.
Testimonials: Dental Work in India
Dent Ally Clinic
Full Mouth Restoration in India
US Patient Visit to India for Dental Work
Max Dental Care, Chandigarh
Dental work in India brings to you a cost-effective solution for your teeth-related problems.
So, we put in efforts to make the entire process simpler for you.
DentaVacation is a leading dental tourism agency in India. We ensure that you invest wisely and return back with a radiant smile.
There’s no limit to how much foreign currency you can bring into India.
Although, you will have to declare it if the amount exceeds US$5,000 in notes, coins, or traveler’s cheques.
If planning to use your credit card in India, inform your credit card company well in advance.
For safety, you should stick to ATMs attached to bank branches.
You need to check with your mobile service provider for services/plans that work in India.
You can buy Indian sim cards from shopping malls and tourist places.
At airports, sim cards may be expensive. So, you can order a ready-to-go sim card online from Amazon before departing to India.
The AT&T Passport plan charges $60 for up to 30 days for 1 GB of data. Furthermore, you can get quad-band unlocked GSM phone.
Since it is compatible with most GSM networks worldwide, it works in India as well.
Taxis are usually safe in India. In case of any doubt, check the number painted on the bodywork.
It should match the number plate. In addition, look for postcard-sized ID paper.
It displays visibly inside the cab. Also, ensure that the driver matches the photo.
If you have a smartphone or device, order a cab via Uber and Ola or any other ride-sharing app.
- Manage hotel bookings using OYO/Treebo.
- For train travel, you can use IRCTC Rail Connect.
- For calling back home using the internet, you can use WhatsApp or Skype.
- Local travel using taxis can be done on ride-sharing apps like Uber or Ola.
- To understand the local language, apps like Google Translate or Speak and Translate can be used.
- Air travel ticket booking can be seen and managed in various apps like Cheapflights and Airline Ticket.
Most dental treatments in India cost 1/5th of the price in the US, Europe, and the UK.
Moreover, many Indian dentists do not even charge a penny for consultation.
Whereas you do have to pay $120 and $150 for the same in America and Australia respectively.
Due to the large workforce, you get premium services at an affordable cost.
Thus, flying to India is one solution to shave off tens of thousands of dollars.
You can refer to the table to get a fair idea about the cost of dental work in India, the US, Canada, and Australia.
A full mouth reconstruction in India may cost you around $3,100 to $9,400 only.
On the contrary, you may have to pay out-of-the-pocket expenses to revamp your smile in western countries.
As it demands a bill of around $44,100 – $61,900 to get teeth done at their native place.
Dental tourism in India may save you ample dollars. But it is obvious to have concerns regarding the quality and longevity of dental work from India.
Dental implants have a success rate of nearly 98% in India.  Thus improving the quality of life for most dental tourists.