Does the lack of insurance hinder your path to high-quality dental solutions? Then dental tourism in Chandigarh is your savior. Continue reading for more details.
Chandigarh, the city beautiful, was named as one of the perfect cities in the world by the BBC. 
If you’re looking for safe and affordable dental treatments then Chandigarh is the place to be.
Also, India is one of the most sought-after dental tourism destinations due to affordable solutions and world-class dental care.
Continue reading to know the details about dental care in the beautiful city.
The Best Dentist and Dental Hospital in Chandigarh
Cost of Dental Work in Chandigarh
The cost of dental work in Chandigarh is much lower than in Australia and the U.S. You can save more than 70% of the cost in Australia.
A single tooth implant cost in Chandigarh is 590 AUD per unit. The same cost 6,500 AUD and 4,000 USD in Australia and the U.S., respectively.
Also, the cost of all on 4 dental implants in Chandigarh is 6,345 AUD. They cost a whopping 25,000 AUD and 23,500 USD in Australia and the U.S.
Dental Work in Chandigarh Cost Comparison
|Procedure||Chandigarh (USD/AUD)||Australia (AUD)||US (USD)|
|Same-Day Implant with Crown||$1,000/$1,410||$6,500||$5,000|
|All on 4 Implants*||$4,500/$6,345||$25,000||$23,500|
|Root Canal (Anterior)||$200/$280||$990||$900|
|Snap-on Denture (2 implants)||$2,000/$2,820||$6,000||$6,000|
|Immediate Acrylic Denture||$500/$705||$3,870||$3,000|
|Teeth Whitening (In-office)||$250/$355||$650||$1,000|
|Tooth Extraction (Simple)||$50/$70||$200||$300|
|*per unit/per arch/per jaw|
**Prices are subject to change
Please contact our case managers to get more information on dental prices.
Save up to 70% of the price back homeGet free quote
Why Choose Dental Tourism in Chandigarh
Many patients who come to New Delhi do not go to Chandigarh to get dental work done because they think it saves time.
However, Chandigarh has much more benefits compared to New Delhi.
Metropolitan City vs. Modern City
|Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai||Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Bangalore|
|Pre-colonial unplanned city||Post-colonial modern city|
|High population density||Low population density |
|Situated on the banks of Yamuna river||Located in the foothills of the Himalayas|
|Highly polluted||Less polluted |
|Less greenery||More greenery |
|Longer travel time: large population & more cars||Less travel time: small population & less cars|
|Accident-prone city||Safer planned city |
|Crime rate high||Crime rate low |
So we recommend getting your dental work done from Chandigarh. Besides, it takes 1 hour to reach Chandigarh by flight or 4 hours by road.
Dental Procedures in Chandigarh
You can get high-quality dental care in Chandigarh in various specialties.
From minor procedures such as tooth fillings to a smile makeover, these procedures are performed by certified dentists.
You can find the procedures listed below.
- Dental implants
- Dental crowns and bridges
- Dental bleaching
- Root Canal
- Orthodontic Treatments
Best Dental Clinics in Chandigarh
Are you worried about the quality of dental clinics in foreign countries? Then leave it up to us to find you a top-quality dental clinic in Chandigarh.
- Specialized and high-quality services
- Certified and experienced staff
- Latest dental equipment
- World-class infrastructure
- Digital workflow technology
- Single-visit dentistry
- Premium dental care brands
- Quick treatment plans in minimum time
Moreover, the dental material at our partner clinic is of a premium level. The following brands are available in the clinic:
Get Dental Crowns Within An Hour in Chandigarh
Dental Training in India
Training in dentistry in India is through a BDS course, which consists of 4 years of study.
- One-year internship: This includes hands-on training on patients under the supervision of professors.
- Postgraduate degree/ Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): It’s a 3-year course. In this, there is practical teaching of one specialization.
- Fellowship Programs: Doctors often do Fellowships in various fields to have refined knowledge.
Accreditation of Dental Clinic
- Max Dental Care, our partner dental hospital in Chandigarh, is accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers.
- The NABH has specific `Standards for Hospitals’, which the ISQua approves.
- Also, the NABH accreditation is similar to JCI accreditation in the USA. 
Top Dentists in Chandigarh
You’d be delighted to know that Chandigarh dentists are highly qualified and experienced.
They aim to provide comprehensive dental care to their patients. Let’s have a look at the dentists below:
ExpertisePeriodontics & Implantology
EducationRajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Advanced implantology and fast and fixed protocol training – Bredent Headquartes , Germany
- Mastership in Oral Implantology from dace (New York University)
ExpertiseOral Surgery, Fillings
EducationDAV Centenary Dental College
- An active member of IDA
- Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)
- Member of Indo Pacific Academy of Forensic Odontology, Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India
EducationSrihasanamba Dental College
- Experienced in Lingual orthodontics Esthetic appliances such as Invisalign, ceramic brackets
- Familiar with special cases like canine impaction
- Expert in myofunctional and orthopaedic appliances, temporary anchorage devices
Get expert advice from the best dentist in ChandigarhBook an appointment
Dental Tourism in Chandigarh Reviews
Smile Makeover in Chandigarh: Patient Testimonial
Been going here for well over 7 years now. Great & professional, always running on time & everything is explained well.
Overall a wonderful & professional team in every way. I look forward to receiving more treatment in the near future.
Best place for dentistry in Chandigarh. Up to date with the technology and treatment procedures.
Is Dental Tourism in Chandigarh Safe?
We suggest you do thorough research about the clinic and the treating dentist:
- Find out the qualifications of the dentist. The dentist could be a BDS and may have done specialization in any field; MDS or a Fellowship program.
- They should be accredited by the Indian Dental Association (similar to ADA membership in the U.S.) and licensed by the State Dental Council.
- As English is an official language in India, so the language barrier does not exist.
- Check if the clinic has an in-house dental lab. In-house labs quicken the prosthesis turnover and maintain higher quality standards. As a result, the dentist can give input immediately.
- Sterilization is of extreme importance. Hence, the dental clinic must meet the set international standards.
- A long experience in dealing with foreign patients and dental work is recommended.
Dental Tourism Safety Checklist
How To Reach Chandigarh
Chandigarh’s airport (IXC) does not offer direct international flights from the U.S.A, Canada, the U.K., and Australia. 
However, the easiest option is to travel to New Delhi and from there to Chandigarh.
Flight Duration to New Delhi
|Frankfurt||7 hours 45 minutes|
|London||8 hours 40 minutes|
|Sydney||12 hours 25 minutes|
|Melbourne||12 hours 40 minutes|
|New York||13 hours 55 minutes|
From New Delhi, you can book another flight or a train to Chandigarh. Also, you can also hire a taxi or take a bus.
Travel Duration From Delhi to Chandigarh
|Mode of Transport||Duration|
|By Air||1 hour|
|By Train||3-4 hours|
|By Bus||4-5 hours|
|By Taxi||4.5-5 hours|
Documents Required To Travel to India
- You can visit India as a tourist for a maximum of 60 days.
- Depending on the circumstances, it will take around 4 days to approve your visa or longer. Each visa is approved individually.
- Carry a printed copy of your e-visa (ETA). You’ll get a formal visa in your passport on your arrival. 
You can apply for a regular visa online by visiting the official visa website. Click on “Regular Visa Application” to apply for your visa. 
- Make sure your passport should be valid for 180 days after your duration of stay.
- There should be at least two blank pages in the passport book. 
Foreigner Registration in Chandigarh
All foreigners who need a visa and immigration-related services such as Registration, Visa Conversion, Visa Extension, and Exit Permit need to apply for e-FRRO online. 
The Foreigner’s Registration Office Chandigarh is located on the 1st floor (Room No.110) Police Headquarters, (Additional Deluxe Building) Sector-9/D Chandigarh.
You don’t have to visit the office unless you’re called. But, you may do so in case of an emergency. 
|Crime Related||0172-2749194, 0172-2744100|
|Women & Child Helpline||1091|
|Tourist Bureau||2740420, 2703839|
|Australian Embassy (nearest in New Delhi)||91-11-4139-9900|
|American Embassy (nearest in New Delhi)||011-91-11-2419-8000|
Things To Do in Chandigarh
While planning your dental trip to Chandigarh, you can holiday in the neighboring states of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Haryana in between your treatment or free time.
It is also known as ‘City Beautiful’ and is famous for its greenery, architecture, and quality of life.
You can explore the famous gardens or stroll along Sukhna Lake. The city is multicultural and has a lot to offer to its visitors.
You can also explore the diverse food options, shops with local crafts, and much more in Chandigarh.
Zakir Hussain Rose Garden
The Rose Garden is recognized as Asia’s largest garden. It has around 17,000 plants with 1,600 different rose species. 
The Rock garden has a very interesting history. It was built by Nek Chand, who used waste materials to build sculptures. 
Sukhna Lake is an artificial lake formed by damming a seasonal river, Sukhna Choe.  It is a sanctuary for many exotic birds during winter.
You can also visit other locations like the Government Museum & Art Gallery, Terraced Garden, and Fun City.
Punjab is a culturally vast state with historical importance, religious sites, and scenic landscapes.
From the flavorsome cuisines to a colorful culture, the state offers a rich experience to its visitors.
The sacred city is the home to the Golden Temple. It is plated with gold and hence the name. You can also enjoy the local food in the city.
For a sports or entertainment lover, Qila Raipur is the place to be. Every February, a Rural Olympics is hosted in which the villagers perform bizarre feats.
Harike Wetland & Bird Sanctuary
It is North India’s largest wetland, located at the junction of rivers Beas and Sutlej.  The site is a must-visit for nature lovers.
Himachal Pradesh is a large state with countless hill stations. When getting dental work in Chandigarh, a vacation in the hills is a must-do.
Kullu Manali is a beautiful idyllic hill station in Himachal. You can visit the Manali Bird Sanctuary and indulge in some sports activities in Solang Valley
Shimla is a stunning hill station in Northern India. It’s a top choice for people to escape from the heat in the region.
Spiti, Tabo & Caza
Spiti valley is one such location, a mix of barren mountains, green fields, and deep gorges. There is also a fair amount of Buddhist influence in the area.
This land is so ancient that you will be fascinated by its rich history and religious importance.
One of the most famous epics, ‘Mahabharata,’ was written here and took place here. This city was in existence during the pre-Harappan times.
This place is also known as ‘The Abode of God.’ According to Hinduism, Lord Krishna recited the famous ‘Bhagavad Gita’ here and preached the concept of Karma. 
The Panorama and Science Center is a great place for understanding the Mahabharata. It also displays scientific evidence justifying every episode in the war.
You can visit Tikkar Taal and enjoy its scenery. There are also 2 artificial lakes and lush greenery all around.
Cyber Hub in Gurugram is known for its nightlife and is a great place for party lovers. So, get excited for the thrilling rides and giant waterslides.
Tips To Remember
1. There will be bustling streets all day, so you can carry your earphones if you are not used to much noise.
2. In India, do not expect cars to stop at zebra crossings. Traffic sense is poor in the country. However, Chandigarh is a planned city and has good sidewalks.
3. In India and Australia, driving is on the left side, while driving is on the right side in the USA and Canada.
4. Traffic and car driving rules are different from the USA and Australia, so it is suggested to use public transport (metros, public buses), autos and cycle rickshaws.
You can also use ridesharing apps such as Uber & Ola. However, some taxi and auto drivers are not fluent in English. Also, drivers rarely expect a tip.
Remember to bargain when shopping from the local vendors. Generally, vendors quote a high price for their products.
Traditional Shopping in Chandigarh
- Punjab Emporium, Phulkari: Traditional Punjabi attire and handicrafts are available.
- Kashmir Government Arts Emporium: Government-certified “Pashmina” goods are available at nominal prices.
- Gujarat Emporium, Gujari: Traditional Gujarati crafts can be brought here.
1. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, travelers must get routine vaccines for chickenpox, Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis, flu, MMR, polio, and shingles. 
2. Carry hand sanitizer and toilet paper. It may not be available in public bathrooms.
1. Cover yourself and dress conservatively, especially at places of worship.
2. Whenever you are in a public area, watch out for any pickpockets. Hence, do not carry too much cash in public.
3. People might ask personal questions, which merely indicate the locals’ polite interest in you.
Here are a few Hindi words that can help you during your trip.
Basic English Phrases in Hindi
|Hello / Goodbye||Namaste||Okay||Theek Hai|
|Thank You||Shukriya||Yes||Haan Ji|
Tipping for Services
The general gist of tipping in restaurants in India is 10% for a huge tip and 5% for an average one.
- Leave the change unless there is a service charge on the bill, in which case you do not need to leave more tips. 
- Also, you’ll want to tip if you get your hair done or have a massage or other spa treatment.
- However, do not tip the beggars if they ask for one for no reason.
Dental tourism in Chandigarh can offer you the best solutions to your dental problems. In addition to that, enjoy a vacation in a beautiful city in India.
You can save up to 80% of the costs, get quality treatments, and have a bright smile!
Why the delay? Contact us now, and let’s plan your trip to Chandigarh.
The cost of dental implants in Chandigarh ranges from 6,345 AUD to 9,850 AUD. A single dental implant can cost you 590 AUD.
The same can cost you around 25,000 AUD and more in Australia. You can save more than 75% of the cost than in Australia.
The cost of root canal therapy in Chandigarh is 280 AUD to 250 AUD. A root canal retreatment will cost you the same range.
In contrast, a root canal in Australia costs an enormous 990 AUD.
Invisalign cost in Chandigarh is 4,230 AUD. The same treatment costs 9,000 AUD in Australia and 10,000 USD in the U.S.
You can save more than 50% of the cost!
Yes, you need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to travel to Chandigarh, India.
Before departure, you’ll have to upload your vaccination proof on the Air Suvidha portal.
Other than that, you can also upload a negative RT-PCR test.