Are your damaged teeth causing discomfort and interfering with your life? Dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, are the answer! With Tijuana’s high-quality crowns, you can restore your teeth for 80% less and enjoy a relaxing vacation!
Interested? Keep reading to learn about this international experience.
Use your Insurance to pay for Dental Work in Tijuana
Before we say anything, it’s best to hear from patients who were thrilled with their results.
Patient Reviews of Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
See some reviews from international patients who received Tijuana dental crowns.
Had a wonderful experience. Got 2 root canals & 6 crowns. The price was very good. Very safe place. I’ll definitely be back.
Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
You can’t compare the treatment you get here to any other US dental facility. It is impeccable, professional, and courteous.
Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
It’s impossible to find affordable, yet quality crowns in the US.
That’s different when it comes to Mexico.
Keep reading to learn about the prices of crowns in Tijuana.
Dental Crown Cost in Tijuana, Mexico
Dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, cost much less than in the US or Canada.
Tijuana ceramic crowns cost only $300. Meanwhile, they cost $2,500 in the US.
PFM crowns in Tijuana cost $200 while starting at $1,500 in the US.
With these low dental crown costs in Tijuana, Mexico, you can save over 80%!
Compare the prices in the table below.
Dental Crowns Cost Comparison: Tijuana vs. USA
|Full Porcelain Crown||$300||$3,000||90%|
|Porcelain Fused Metal (PFM) Crown||$200||$1,500||86%|
|Porcelain Fused to Gold Crown||$450||$2,500||82%|
|Base Metal Alloy Crown||$250||$1,500||83%|
|Temporary Acrylic Crown||$35||$700||95%|
*Noble Metal Alloy
**Prices may vary for each patient.
The low prices of dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, don’t mean they have a lower quality.
It only reflects the lower cost of living in Mexico vs. the US 
Satisfied Patient From the USA
You can pay for your procedure through one of these methods:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit/Debit Cards
Get a brand new smile @ 80% saving!Know more
Dental Crown Packages
Some of our partner clinics even offer exciting packages!
For instance, with the “Crowns at Discounted Price!” package, you can get the following:
Crowns at Discounted Price!
- Zirconia crowns @ $399
- Temporary crowns @ $40
- Free examination on dental procedures
- Free pick up & drop off from the border
- Free tooth extraction, if necessary
Want to learn more about the clinics that offer top-quality crowns?
See the next section and meet our partners in Tijuana!
Best Dental Clinics for Crowns in Tijuana
We are partnered with the top dental clinics in Tijuana, Mexico.
They offer high-quality crowns at affordable prices.
Check out the credentials of top clinics for crowns in Tijuana, Mexico:
A top place for crowns and low-cost teeth implants in Tijuana is Quality International Dental Clinic. Operating since 2018, the board-certified dentists in this clinic enhance your smile’s natural beauty.
- Free parking space
- Complimentary video consultations
- Warranty on dental crowns and implants
- Flexible appointments with 2 dental chairs
- Effective sterilization methods, including autoclaving
- 20-minutes away from the Tijuana International Airport (TIJ)
- Accepting payments in cash, credit/debit cards, and cheques
- Equipped with the latest technologies, including digital X-rays and CT scans
- Within 1 mile from incredible hotels, such as Hotel Ticuan and Hotel Caesars
Another fantastic destination for high-quality dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, is ImproveDent. This clinic has been meeting international standards and treating foreign patients since 2012.
- Free parking space
- Free pick-up and drop-off service
- Flexible appointments with 4 dental chairs
- 8-minutes away from the US-Mexico border
- Accepting payments in cash (USD & MXN Pesos) and credit/debit cards
- Equipped with an in-house lab and modern dental technologies such as CEREC
A top destination for dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, is Wellness Dental Clinic. Prioritizing quality and patient safety, this clinic has been transforming smiles for over 9 years.
- Free parking space
- 3 miles from the airport
- Flexible appointments with advanced booking
- Free transportation between the dental office and the airport
- Special arrangements with fantastic hotels like Quartz Hotel & SPA
- Accepting payments in cash (USD), credit/debit cards, PayPal, Zelle, and bank transfers
- Equipped with the latest technologies, including 3D tomography and Kometabio Smart Dentin Grinder
Another great place offering top dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, is Dental Brush. This clinic provides unmatched dental services to international patients. They even offer computerized dental crowns in Mexico to eligible candidates.
- Free parking space
- Free shuttle service
- Procedures recommended by the:
- Environment Protection Agency
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- 5.4 miles away from the international airport
- Flexible appointments with convenient booking
- Accepting payments in cash, credit cards, PayPal, and cheques
- Close to well-established hotels, such as Hotel Caesars and Estacion Federal
- Modern clinic with state-of-the-art equipment, including CEREC and laser technology
You know about the clinics, but who will perform the procedure? Keep reading to find out!
Meet the Best Dentists in Tijuana for Crowns
We work with the best board-certified dentists across Mexico.
Here are the top dental crown doctors in Tijuana, Mexico.
ExpertiseOral Surgery, Dental Implants
EducationAutonomous University of Nayarit
- Master's Course in Implants by Hiossen Osstem Implant
- Trained in Pre-Implant Regenerative Periodontal Surgery
- Completed course in Inhaled Conscious Sedation with Nitrous Oxide
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8, Oral Surgery
EducationThe University of Alberta, Canada
- Registered as a dental surgeon in the USA since 2016
- Certification in management of CEREC systems
- Member of the ADA (American Dental Association)
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8
- Experienced dental surgeon
- Skilled in working with dental implants
Why even go to Tijuana? We will give you a list of reasons in the next section!
Why Choose Tijuana for Dental Crowns?
See why you should get dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, below.
Affordable Costs | Saving Over 80%
- With the low dental crown cost in Tijuana, Mexico, you can save over 80%.
- Your savings will be significant even after travel expenses, accommodations, etc.
High-quality Dentistry | Advanced Technology
- Clinics in Tijuana follow international standards and prioritize patient safety.
- They are equipped with the latest technologies, such as CEREC and 3D tomography.
5 Reasons to Visit Tijuana for Dental Work
Expert Dentists | 7+ Years of Experience
- Dentists in Tijuana are graduates of renowned universities with 7+ years of experience.
- They are affiliated with recognized associations like the ADA .
Clear Communication | Multilingual Professionals
- There is no language barrier when getting dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico.
- The dentists, staff, and even locals are multilingual, speaking both English and Spanish.
Easy Access | Near the US-Mexico Border
Drive Down to Tijuana for Dental Care
- Access to Tijuana is easy due to its proximity to the border and the San Diego Airport.
- US patients can even drive their own cars to get the top dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico.
Competitiveness | Best of the Best
- Our partner clinics are prepared to meet the high demands of dental tourism in Tijuana.
- They set themselves apart from the competition by providing the best services possible.
Are you already packing for your trip to Tijuana? Learn more about your dental crown options first!
All About Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
Before traveling to Tijuana, it’s good to learn more about crowns. Here is all you need to know about these dental restorations.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that cover broken or decayed teeth. They can improve damaged teeth’s shape, strength, and appearance. 
Am I a Candidate for Dental Crowns?
Good candidates for Tijuana dental crowns are those with: 
- Large cavities that are too big for fillings
- Severely worn down, broken, or weakened teeth
- Teeth that have undergone a root canal treatment
- A missing tooth and getting an implant or a bridge
- A willingness to follow proper oral hygiene practices
- Good oral health and absence of periodontal disease
Types of Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
You can get different types of dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico.
The dentist will help you choose the best material based on the shape and size of your teeth.
Here are the most popular types of crowns.
Ceramic crowns are tooth-colored restorations often used on the front teeth. 
Advantages of Ceramic Crowns: 
- Natural appearance
Disadvantages of Ceramic Crowns: 
- Require more tooth preparation
- Unsuitable for those with clenching habits like bruxism
Zirconium Crowns in Tijuana
Zirconia crowns are a highly functional type of restoration made from zirconium dioxide. 
Advantages of Zirconium Crowns: 
- Tissue biocompatibility
- High strength and durability
Disadvantages of Zirconium Crowns: 
- Limitations of available shades
- Adjustment difficulty for providing retention
Emax dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, are all-ceramic crowns made of lithium disilicate. 
Advantages of Emax Crowns: 
- Maximum esthetics
- High fracture resistance
Disadvantages of Emax Crowns: 
- Unsuitable for darker teeth
- Higher incidence of chipping
Gold crowns are restorations made from gold alloy material with a silver or gold color. 
Advantages of Gold Crowns: 
- Very durable
- Minimal tooth removal
Disadvantages of Gold Crowns: 
- High cost
- Unnatural metallic color
PFM crowns are another popular type of dental crown in Tijuana, Mexico.
They combine the strength of a metal base with the aesthetic appearance of porcelain. 
Advantages of PFM Crowns: 
- Aesthetically pleasing
- High strength and durability
Disadvantages of PFM Crowns:
- Potential for allergic reactions 
- Visibility of metal base with gum recession 
Base metal alloy crowns are made from a mixture of non-noble metals. These metals can include nickel, chromium, or cobalt. 
Advantages of Base Metal Alloy Crowns:
- Lower cost 
- High strength 
Disadvantages of Base Metal Alloy Crowns: 
- Potential for allergic reactions
- Poor esthetics for those seeking a natural appearance
Discover perfect crowns for youContact us
Procedure for Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
Here are the steps for getting Tijuana dental crowns. 
- Consultation: The dentist examines your teeth to see if you’re eligible for crowns.
- X-rays: He takes X-rays of the teeth that need restoration.
- Tooth Preparation: The dentist prepares the tooth by removing a small portion of its outer layer. This procedure will make space for the crown.
- Impression: He takes an impression of your tooth and sends it to the lab for crown fabrication.
- Crown Placement: After checking the shape and size of the crown, the dentist cements it onto your prepared tooth.
Dental Crown in Tijuana, Mexico: Placement
- Recovery: After placing the crowns, you might feel sensitivity. Give it a few days to return to normal.
- Regular Check-ups: Schedule regular check-ups to ensure the dental crown works fine. You can see your dentist back home for this purpose.
Crowns have a success rate of 92% and a survival rate of 97% over ten years. 
The chance of success increases if you visit top dental crown doctors in Tijuana, Mexico.
How Long Will It Take to Get Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico?
The procedure itself takes 1-2 hours. However, the length of your trip will vary based on factors like
- Dental lab time
- Number of crowns needed
- The complexity of your case
See the duration for each type of crown in the table below.
|Type of Crown||Duration of Stay (Days)|
|Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM)||1-3|
|Porcelain Fused to Gold||3|
|Gold (Noble Metal Alloy)||1|
|Base Metal Alloy||3|
Aftercare of Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico
You must take proper care of your crowns to ensure their success.
Here are some aftercare tips you can follow: 
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods
- Carefully brush and floss your teeth (twice daily)
- Wear a night guard if you clench your teeth during sleep
You know about the clinics and the procedures.
Now it’s time to learn a little more about the city.
Dental Tourism in Tijuana, Mexico
Here is a quick guide to help you get the most out of dental tourism in Tijuana.
Canadian and American citizens don’t need a visa to get dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico. They can stay in Mexico for six months without it. 
However, every visitor must have a valid passport and a tourist card. 
How to Reach Tijuana for Dental Crowns
Tijuana is a border town connecting the US to Mexico. So most patients prefer to drive here and save on costs.
To drive your own car to Tijuana, you will need: 
- A valid passport
- A valid proof of automobile registration
- Mexican auto insurance (can be purchased at the border)
- An entry permit issued by Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM)
Tijuana is only 17 miles away from San Diego. A drive from this US city to Tijuana will take around 30 minutes.
Once you enter Tijuana, you can park your car in a secure parking lot.
This service will cost you about $10 to $20 per day, depending on how busy it is.
While getting crowns or dental implants in Tijuana, visit these cultural sites.
Known as the heart of Tijuana, this vibrant tourist spot offers endless entertainment options.
Tijuana Cultural Center (CECUT)
Explore Tijuana's culture at CECUT, where you can marvel at fascinating exhibits and enjoy panoramic views.
Tijuana Brewery Scene
Indulge in the craft beer scene of Tijuana, as the city houses various breweries with great atmospheres.
Before getting dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, don’t forget to try the town’s delicious cuisine.
Tacos de Carne Asada
Succulent grilled beef served in a warm tortilla, these classic street-style tacos are a must-try in Tijuana.
Originating in Tijuana, this iconic salad features crisp lettuce, crunchy croutons, and a tangy dressing.
Ensenada-style Fish Tacos
Sample the Baja California cuisine with these mouthwatering tacos filled with crispy beer-battered fish.
Are you excited to try all these foods but worried about the city’s safety?
Travel with a reassured mind by reading our safety tips first.
Is Getting Dental Crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, Safe?
Tijuana is entirely safe for dental restorations, both in terms of patient safety and tourist safety.
If you visit one of our partner clinics, your procedure’s safety is guaranteed!
Here is why:
- These are reputable clinics that work with board-certified dentists.
- They have treated hundreds of international patients with satisfying results.
- They use the highest quality materials and follow strict sterilization protocols.
- They are affiliated with recognized associations like the ADA and the Mexican Dental Association.
Despite what you may have heard, Tijuana is also a safe tourist destination.  All you need to do is to practice general safety precautions.
Tijuana Safety Tips 
- Don’t walk alone at night
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid dangerous parts of the city
- Don’t carry large sums of money or valuables
Do you still have questions about Tijuana’s dental crowns? Find out the answers in the FAQs section below.
Dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico, cost 80% less than in the US or Canada.
For instance, zirconium crowns cost $320 in Tijuana.
Meanwhile, they start at $2,500 in the US.
This means full mouth crowns cost in Tijuana, Mexico, will be $3,200 vs. $25,000 in the US!
Absolutely! By visiting Tijuana, you can save over 80% while receiving the same quality treatment you would in the US.
For instance, you can get full porcelain crowns in Tijuana for $300 vs. $3,000 in the US!
With proper care, you can enjoy your Tijuana dental crowns for years.
The average gold dental crown cost in Tijuana, Mexico, is $500.
The same restoration costs over $2,500 in the US.
You can also get porcelain fused to gold crowns in Tijuana for $450 vs. $2,500 in the US.
Ready to restore your teeth with high-quality materials at affordable prices?
Then pack your bags and contact DentaVacation for a dental holiday in Mexico!
Our dental tourism consultants will help you choose the best clinic for dental crowns in Tijuana, Mexico.
You will receive top-notch care at these modern clinics and return home with a new smile.