Dental Treatment in Monterrey, Mexico
Is the dental care cost at home getting you down? Dental treatment in Monterrey can help your wallet. Monterrey offers low-cost and high-quality dental care in a convenient location close to the U.S.
Video Courtesy: Monterrey, Mexico | Cinematic Travel Video by Zach Seastrand
Monterrey is the most Americanized city  in Mexico and a hotspot for medical tourism. 
The town is just 150 miles south of the Texas-Mexico border. Thus, it offers American and Canadian dental tourists convenient proximity to home.
How Much Does a Dentist Cost in Monterrey, Mexico?
Monterrey offers far cheaper rates for all dental treatments. But do you know how much you can save on dental care?
Let’s look at the cost comparison for various dental works in Monterrey/US & Canada:
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Single Tooth Titanium Implant||$5,000||$4,600||$800|
|Snap-on denture (per arch, removable)||$2,000||$1,840||$500|
|Root Canal (anterior / pre-molar / molar)||$1,500||$1,300||$350|
|Bone graft (per unit)||$1,200||$1,100||$400|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$1,500||$1,380||$200|
|Simple Tooth Extraction||$300||$270||$95|
|Implant Brand in Mexico – Hiossen®|
*Treatment price may change with the complexity of the case.
Dental treatments in Monterrey are up to 70% cheaper than in the US or Canada.
While a procedure like all-on-4 is only $12,000 in Monterrey, the same can range between $22,000-26,000 in the USA.
Cost of Implants, Monterrey
A single tooth dental implant (with abutment) costs about 800 USD in Monterrey. This price is up to 86% less than in the US or Canada.
Cost of Veneers, Monterrey
Cosmetic procedures like porcelain veneer in Monterrey cost 650 USD, while it is above 2,300 USD in the US or Canada.
Moreover, you need not bother about the quality of dental work as it matches U.S. standards. 
By now, you may agree that Monterrey is the best option for your pocket. Getting dental work in Monterrey is more convenient than going to other countries.
For Americans, geographical ease of reaching is another added benefit.
Save up to 70% on your dental workKnow your savings
Why Visit a Dentist in Monterrey?
Monterrey has a very attractive medical infrastructure. The city has the largest number of certified hospitals in Latin America.
-Oxford Business Group 
Here are the top 5 benefits of dental care in Monterrey:
- Dental work in Monterrey is almost 70% less than in the US or Canada.
- You can save on food and lodging expenses due to the low cost of living in Mexico. 
High-quality Work with Guarantee
- High-quality treatments using the latest technology and international implant brands
- Get a total guarantee on your dental work (if you have a check-up every 6 or 12 months)
Fast Service & Better Results
- Monterrey dental clinic offers all the specialties in one dental practice.
- You get quicker and better results when you have all specialists under one roof.
Ease of Communication
- Our partner clinic dentists can speak English fluently.
- People in Monterrey can also speak English. 
Amazing Dental Vacation
- A bustling city, surrounded by mountains in all directions.
- It offers a unique mix of culture, history, and outdoor activities. 
Best Dental Clinic in Monterrey
We recommend the best dental clinic in Monterrey, Mexico, based on their experience in treating overseas patients, the quality of treatment, credentials, and patient testimonials.
Dentistas Teran (Centro Médico Dental Tecnológico)
- Dentistas Teran is located in the south of Monterrey, Mexico. The clinic has been providing high-quality dental treatment to both local and international patients since 1970.
- Key Treatments: Orthodontics, Endodontics, Periodontics, Implantology, Maxillofacial Surgery.
Highlights of the Clinic and its Dental Team
- More than 50 years of experience
- Convenient location: 25 min drive from the airport (MTY)
- Modern clinic with a radiological cabinet
- Latest dental care methods-video diagnosis, laser, etc.
- Treatment by highly experienced dentists
- 95% and above success rate for dental treatments
- High experience in handling overseas patients
- Treatments backed with the guarantee
- Free post-treatment consultation
- Multiple payment options
- Secretary of Health of the State of Nuevo Léon
- Mexican Dental Association
- Nuevo León Dental Association
- College of Nuevo León Orthodontics
- Mexican Association of Orthodontics
- Mexican Association of Periodontology
Best Dentists in Monterrey, Mexico
EducationThe Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon
- Education: Master of Dental Sciences with Specialty in Orthodontist & UANL Master of postgraduate orthodontics UANL
- Certifications: Certified by the Mexican Council of Orthodontics. Member of the Council of Orthodontics of Nuevo León & Member of the Mexican Association of Orthodontics.
- Expertise: Orthodontics, Endodontics, Prosthodontics Periodontics and Implantology Orthognathic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Dr. Gerardo Terán García is Chief Dentist at Dentistas Teran
Want expert opinion for complete assurance?Yes, please!
How to Reach Monterrey, Mexico
Monterrey is well connected to the USA and the rest of Mexico by air, train, and road.
Whether you arrive by air or road, you will need to fill out a tourist card at the port of entry.
We can arrange your travel logistics and assist you throughout your journey.
International flights land at Monterrey’s
- General Mariano Escobedo International Airport (MTY)
- Del Norte International Airport (NTR)
Several low-cost airlines also fly from Monterrey to different parts of the country. It includes Mexico City, Guadalajara, Cancun, Merida, and Puerto Vallarta.
Flying times from some major metropolitan airports to Monterrey International Airport (MTY) are listed below.
Flights to Monterrey
|City||Duration||No of Stops|
|San Antonio (SAT)||1 hr 15 min||Non-stop|
|Houston (IAH)||1 hr 30 min||Non-stop|
|Atlanta (ATL)||2 hr 39 min||Non-stop|
|Chicago (ORD)||3 hr 25 min||Non-stop|
|Dallas (DFW)||1 hr 47min||Non-stop|
|Vancouver (YVR)||10 hr 43 min||1 stop|
|Toronto (YYZ)||6 hr 29 min||1 stop|
- When you travel by air or drive down to Monterrey, you should carry a valid passport.
- Direct flights to Monterrey are available from major cities in the US.
- If you plan to drive in Monterrey, you should buy Mexican auto insurance.
- Carry your Canadian passport with you.
- You can enter Mexico without a visa as long as you stay less than six months.
Dental Tourism in Monterrey
Monterrey is very different from any other Mexican metropolis. 
You will realize that Monterrey is more like the United States and less like Mexico when you visit here. 
Here are some of the attractions that you don’t miss during your trip.
Fountain of Neptune in the Macroplaza
Admire this striking fountain and sculpture portraying Neptune – the Roman god of the sea.
You can find grassy lawns, benches, and paved walkways around the fountain.
It’s an ideal place to enjoy a picnic or watch locals going about their business.
Location: Centro, 64000 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Timings: Open 24 hours
Santa Lucia Riverwalk
This place is a 2.5 kilometers artificial canal with a pedestrian walkway. You’ll be able to walk or make up a small boat.
It is where you can enjoy beautiful landscapes – an ideal place to relax, walk or exercise.
Video Courtesy: Edgard Ross
Location: Avenida Fundidora y Adolfo Prieto S/N, Obrera, 64010 Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
Timings: 6 AM – 10 PM
Check Communications in Mexico guide for detailed information about the latest table of national dialing codes.
Banks with ATMs are found all over the downtown area of Monterrey. For details about exchanging and managing your money, read the guide to Money in Mexico.
To get travel medical insurance when you visit Monterrey, a guide to Travel Insurance in Mexico can help.
Getting Around the City
Uber’s and buses are the cheapest way to get around the city. Ubers are widely available. You can explore the city if you pay a small fee. 
There are plenty of modern stores that sell the best clothes and accessories. You can avoid electronics in Monterrey, as they are double the price than in the US. 
Monterrey is mainly an industrial city; hence the air quality is not the best.  Check the Real-time Air Quality Index to see updates made every hour.
Monterrey has warm to hot weather all through the year. Rainy weather is between May and September. If you want to know more about Climates in Mexico, click here.
Useful Links for Monterrey Travel
- Fights: Air travel in Mexico
- Bus transportation: Bus travel in Mexico
- Car travel: Driving in Mexico and Mexico’s Toll Roads
- Taxi travel: Guide to taxi travel in Mexico
- Car rental: To reserve your rental car in Mexico
Consular Agencies in Monterrey, Mexico
|Avenida Alfonso Reyes 150, Valle, 66196 Santa Catarina, N.L., Mexico||From Mexico
From the U.S.
For more details, check the US embassy website.
|Torre Gomez Morin 955 Ave. Gomez Morin No. 955, Suite 404 Col. Montebello 66279 San Pedro Garza Garcia, N.L. – Mexico||From Mexico:
For more details, check the Canadian embassy website.
Is Monterrey Safe?
Though Canada and the US travel advisories restrict travel in several parts of Mexico, you will find no travel restrictions in Monterrey in Nuevo León.
Overall, Monterrey is a safe place, however: 
- Take basic steps and avoid run-down areas after dark.
- Driving in the city is safe. You can avoid the outside town at night. Some of these areas are notorious for car theft and robberies.
Dental treatment in Monterrey is a great way to receive dental care at a low cost while enjoying a nice vacation to recover.
If you wish to know more, fill out the request form or contact us for a free quote.
Yes, dental work in our partner clinic in Monterrey is safe because
- Dentists are highly experienced.
- The clinic is modern and uses the latest equipment and technology.
- For safe treatments, the clinic adopts the highest level of sterilization procedures.
Dental work packages in Monterrey are almost 70% more affordable than in the US.
The average cost of all- on-four implants in Monterrey is 12,000 USD. This price is half of the US or Canada’s cost.
Porcelain veneer (per unit) in Monterrey, Mexico, costs around USD 650.
Yes, you can get same-day implants. These are also called immediate-loading implants.
You can get the treatment if you are eligible and have enough bone density.
Yes, our partner clinic dentists in Monterrey are fluent in English.
The clinic uses Autoclave, Dry heat, Ultraviolet light to sterilize the equipment.
All tourists traveling to Monterrey must have a valid passport.
A passport or passport card is required if you drive from the US to Monterrey.
Yes, Canadian and U.S. driver’s licenses are valid in Mexico.
Besides, you can use your Mexico Insurance policy only if you have a valid non-Mexican, driver’s license.