Dental Work in Mexicali, Mexico
Mexicali shares its border with Calexico, CA. Dental work in Mexicali, Mexico is becoming increasingly popular and appealing due to the affordable good treatment available & its proximity to US-border.
Video Credits: El Tio Juan Carlos
Each year, about a million Americans cross the US-Mexico border for dental tourism in Mexico 
You can reach Mexicali by road from Calexico, California. The two ports of entry on this border receive many travelers.
This is not only a gateway for vehicles, but also for American culture in this Mexican city.
What is the Cost of Dental Work in Mexicali?
Mexicali offers low-cost quality treatment. Compare costs for dental care in Mexicali with those in USA & Canada.
Avg. Costs in US Dollars
|Full Dentures/ Jaw||$2,000||$1,400||$300|
|Root Canal Treatment||$950||$1,050||$220|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$850||$650||$200|
*Prices may vary with individual case
The cost comparison table shows that Mexicali promises you large savings on dental work. For all-on-4 alone, you can save as much as 60%.
Looking for low-cost dental treatments?Yes, please!
Why choose Dental Work in Mexicali?
Proximity to the Mexico-USA Border
- Mexicali shares its border with USA’s Calexico, California.
- Road travel distance: 24 km/ 14 miles.
- Travel via a car, uber, or bus through the Mexicali-Calexico border.
- Calexico-West: Border crossing route- SR 111 (U.S.) to Fed. 5 (Mexico).
- Calexico-East: Border crossing route- SR 7 (U.S.) to Blvd A. L. Rodríguez (Mexico).
- You can check live waiting time for entry via any lane of Calexico-Mexicali border. 
Low Price, Fast Service
- Huge savings on treatment as compared to USA. (see cost table)
- Clinics equipped with a Dental lab, saving on outsource lab work.
- Low cost of labor in Mexico affects the overall price. 
- Cost of living in Mexico is about half of what is USA’s. 
A Safe Location
- Mexicali is a safe and friendly environment.
- Tijuana’s top law enforcement officials often visit here without bodyguards.
- Some officials even raise their families here. 
No Malpractice Insurance
- Dentists don’t need to pay high premiums for insurance as in the U.S.A. 
- Less expense to dentists translates to a low cost of dental care.
Roadside Aid for Medical Tourists
- Introduced in January 2020, specifically for medical tourists.
- The plan provides auto liability and full coverage insurance for drivers. 
- Includes medical evacuation, and legal and roadside help with a 24/7 “live case monitoring contact center”.
Best Dental Clinics in Mexicali
DentaVacation selects the best dental clinics for your dental work. Factors that we consider while selecting a clinic are:
- Credentials of the clinic
- Experience in offering treatment to American patients
- English speaking Dentists
- Safe & easy to reach locality
Based on these criteria, we recommend Ramlanz Dental Clinic as the best dental clinic in Mexicali.
- The clinic is an American Dental Association (ADA) – certified dental clinic.
- It has an experience of close to four decades.
- Staff members are fluent in English and Spanish.
- Located at a 25 minutes drive from the border at Calexico, CA.
- To observe before-&-after treatment condition of teeth.
Intraoral X-Ray Sensor Digital System
- To visualize the state of bone and dental restorations.
- For efficient cleaning of the teeth using ultrasonics.
Led Curing Light
- To facilitate Composite Resin restorations.
- Fastest conventional sterilizer.
- In-house lab; saves time and money.
Available Dental Works:
- Dental Implants – Single & All-on-4/6/8 Implants
- Restoration: Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, and RCT
- Cosmetic treatments: Veneers and Teeth Whitening
- Others: Braces and Teeth Cleaning
- Bone Graft and Sinus Lift
Get treated by the expert dentists!Contact Ramlanz Dental Clinic
More about Mexicali
- The name “Mexicali” comes from the mixing of the words México and California.
- Its founders were colonists from both sides of the border.
- The town has one of the largest Chinese communities in Mexico.
- The capital city of Baja California, Mexicali is located in the northwest part of Mexico.
- Mexicali Valley is known to be one of the biggest and most productive valleys in Mexico.
- Over fifty different varieties of crops grow on Mexicali Valley.
- The town is informally known as Chicali.
- Mexicali has four main shopping malls.
- Most visited mall: Plaza La Cachanilla, one mile from the US border.
- The town produces world-class beers.
- Small breweries offer a variety of beers in terms of taste and characteristics.
- The main language is Spanish.
- English is spoken at least marginally by most people.
- Because of its international standing, other languages are also spoken.
- Chinese, Japanese, German, and French are some of these.
Is it Safe to Travel to Mexicali?
Mexicali is an industrial town and it’s safe for tourists. 
At the same time, one should take precautions.
- Use toll roads and don’t drive alone or at night.
- Avoid wearing expensive watches or jewelry.
- Be more careful when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Enroll in the STEP Program. It will send you alerts from the US government.
Tips for visiting Mexicali:
- Check waiting hours online before traveling.
- Evening hours, holiday or weekends may have a long wait at the border.
- Contact your service provider to know if they have an agreement in Mexicali.
- Most mobile phones with American carriers work in areas close to the international border.
Museo Universitario (University Museum)
- For a variety of exhibitions throughout the year.
El Bosque y Zoologico de la Ciudad (City Woods and Zoo)
- The biggest park as well as City Zoo.
- Famous for emerald green water.
Dunas de Los Algodones
- A sand dune field.
Salt Lagoon/ Green Laguna Salada
- For canyons, cave paintings, and petroglyphs sites.
Parque Vicente Guerrero
- Town’s second-biggest park with a lake.
- Prescription drugs and eye wear are cheaper here, so you can buy them. 
- Mexicali’s currency is Mexican pesos(MXN).
- US dollars are also accepted at most places.
- Mexicali’s restaurants are Health Department registered. 
- Portable water is available. You must avoid eating and drinking water at the roadside taco shops.
- Bottled water, gasified as well as pure, is available.
You can dial 066 in case of any emergency in Mexicali.
Dental Work in Mexicali FAQ
To enter Mexicali by road or sea, you are not required to show your passport. However, when you are going back home, you need to present it.
If you take a flight, you need to fill up the Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMM) form.
This is the tourist’s permit at the airport. The Immigration office at the airport will stamp both your passport and the FMM form.
Keep your passport and the Visitor Permit safe during your trip. This is to avoid any issues on your way back home.
Ramlanz Dental Clinic has parking lots near the clinic, which you can use to park your car at no parking fee.
Yes, walking across the Calexico-Mexicali border is possible. It is safer to rest your car in a paid parking lot.
You should carry your passport for return to the USA. Also, visa is necessary if you’re not a US citizen.
Yes. Our Case Manager will prepare a detailed itinerary.
This will include the length of time you can spend in Mexicali and the kind of treatment you need.
You will receive an email intimation for the same.
For a hassle-free dental trip, you must carry:
- Your passport
- Any valid picture ID card
- If you have any dental insurance policy
- US dollars and/ or credit or debit cards
- Relevant medical and dental reports, such as X-Ray reports, MRI/CT scans, pathology reports, etc.
Not very far! By road, it is 58.5 miles. So, you reach in about an hour and fourteen minutes.
By road, it 123 miles via I-8 E and one can reach in 2 hrs and 15 min.
Another route, via Mexicali-Tijuana/México 2D is 128 miles long. It takes about 3 hours and has tolls.
By road, Palm springs is 124 miles from Mexicali. So, you reach in about 2 hrs and 22 minutes.
Pay at your convenience! Through Cash (USD), Checks, Traveler’s checks, or Credit/ debit cards (Visa, Mastercard).
Yes. The RamLanz Dental Clinic will accept American dental insurances. The staff will also help you with related paperwork.
You can contact us to know the details of insurance cover at Ramlanz Dental Clinic.