The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says roughly 42% of the Americans over 65 years of age in West Virginia and 13% in California are toothless. You don’t have to be one of them. Board a plane and head for a dental holiday in India to regain your pearly whites without burning a hole in your pocket!
Dental Bridges – an Overview
- What is a dental bridge? If this is a question you’re asking yourself, do your research first before you decide on getting one.
- A dental bridge is a type of dental restoration procedure that affixes fake teeth to adjacent teeth or implants. It is also known as fixed partial denture.
- According to a study called “A systematic review of the survival and complication rates of fixed partial dentures” by Lang, Pjetursson, et al published in the December 2004 edition of the journal Clinical Oral Implants Research, the survival rate of dental bridges after five years is an impressive 94.1%.
- If you compare dental bridges vs. implants, the former is a bit more affordable, especially if you get it done in India.
- You can always get a mixture of implants and fixed dental bridges in India. If you want, you can get porcelain bridge over dental implants in India.
- You can also get dental bridges made of gold. So the prices vary based on the materials used.
Why Get Dental Bridges in India?
Dental tourism in India has been on the rise in the recent times and a major driving factor is the spiraling cost of oral care in the West. There are a number of upsides to getting fixed partial dentures in India, some of which are as follows:
- As mentioned earlier, dental bridges cost in India is quite lower than the prices quoted for them in countries such as the US, the UK, Australia, and Canada.
- If you have you sights set on implants, though, don’t worry – it’s still more affordable in the country compared to the prices in First World nations. You can get dental implants in Chandigarh or any other part of the country.
- In spite of the more affordable prices, the reputable hospitals and clinics in India offer great services using advanced tools.
- Some of the leading dentists and doctors in India have had training and experience in the developed nations, as well.
- As majority of the doctors and their support staff engaged in the leading hospitals of the country are English-speaking, you can dispel apprehensions of facing communication problems while getting treated in India.
- No waiting times are an added bonus.
Before and After Getting Fixed Partial Dentures in India
- Research extensively about the procedures available, and look at various dental bridge pictures.
- Even if the dental bridges cost in India is low, remember that you’re going to spend some money for other things while you’re in the country.
- You may have to stay in India for a bit while your dentist makes your bridges and prepares your teeth for their insertion by tapering their ends.
- Ask an expert not only about the average dental bridge prices in India, but also about the country’s dental tourism industry in general before you head to an embassy to ask what paperwork you need to enter the country.
- You could also ask for advice on the most reputable dentists, hospitals, and clinics in the country.
- Don’t forget to allocate some time for sightseeing – India’s too beautiful a country for you not to look around while you’re there.
- Even if you get your dental bridges in India, find a dentist you can trust back home too. You never know what could happen, and India is too far for you to go back in case anything goes wrong.
Getting dental bridges in India could be an affordable way to bring back some of the sparkle you had when you were younger.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.