If you’re looking to cut down your expenses, then a well-experienced orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica might just be what you need.
The low orthodontist cost in Costa Rica can help you save around 50% of what you will be charged in high income countries.
Dental Tourism in Costa Rica
In just a few years, dental tourism in Costa Rica has progressed rapidly and the number of dental tourists to this country has increased as well. The burgeoning dental care costs in the developed countries have pushed people to look for low-cost treatments by dentists in San Jose and other parts of Costa Rica.
In the US in particular, approximately 45 million people below 65 years of age with private health insurance had no dental coverage in 2008 (data from the National Center for Health Statistics – National Health Interview Survey, 2008). Americans are very particular about their smile and go through expensive cosmetic dental work to fix their teeth. Many have come to realize that they don’t have to shell out a fortune when a San Jose dentist can give them the same great smile at just about half the price.
Orthodontic Services in San Jose – Costa Rica
Orthodontics deals with the correction of improperly positioned teeth and jaws. If you have an overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite, gaps between the teeth, misplaced midline, or overcrowding of the teeth, then you might want to consider finding a good orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica to fix the problem at a minimal cost.
There are many types of appliances that can help move the teeth and fix the jaws. Below are a few examples:
- Dental braces – Usually consist of wires, brackets, and bands that put gentle pressure on the teeth and are tightened and adjusted monthly to gradually move the teeth to their proper position. Teeth braces in San Jose come in different types depending on your preference and budget.
- Fixed or removable space maintainers – Appliances that keep the gaps between teeth open until the permanent tooth erupts.
- Aligners – They function like dental braces, but without metal wires and brackets, and can be removed for eating and brushing.
- Jaw repositioning appliances – These devices help train the jaw to close in a proper position and are used to fix temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ).
You may also want to inquire about affordable porcelain dental veneers in Costa Rica to fix some minor teeth appearance issues.
Why Find an Orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica
- A renowned orthodontist in San Jose, Costa Rica is highly skilled in all kinds of orthodontic treatments and has most likely been educated in the US and Europe. International training teaches dental professionals to speak English fluently and to cater to the specific needs of their overseas patients.
- A trustworthy orthodontist in San Jose, Costa Rica is most likely to work in a leading clinic that has state-of-the-art facilities, equipped with advanced technology, and which uses material approved by the FDA.
- A dedicated dental surgeon in Costa Rica would continue to broaden his/her knowledge by conducting research and participating in conferences and trainings, both local and international.
- A competent orthodontist in San Jose would be the member of Costa Rica’s Board of Dentistry and well-known international organizations, including the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Orthodontist prices in San Jose, Costa Rica are very affordable despite the impressive credentials of many orthodontists there.
Here are other reasons why dentistry in San Jose is popular with patients from the USA, Canada and other Western First World countries:
- Many dental clinics in San Jose have bilingual staff.
- Waiting times for a dental appointment are short, if not non-existent.
- Costa Rica is easily accessible from the US and Canada and there are regular flights plying between the three countries.
- San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica and boasts of a colorful mix of parks, plazas and historic architecture. Some of the best places to visit in San Jose are the People’s Theatre Melico Salazar, the San Jose Gold Museum, Plaza de la Cultura, La Sabana Park, and the San Jose Central Market.
You will definitely enjoy your vacation and have more reasons to smile after your teeth problems are taken care of by a reputable orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica.
Submit the free quote request form on the right to receive more information on Orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica.