Embark on a transformative dental journey with basal implants in Turkey! Discover top-notch dentists, unbeatable prices, and world-class clinics. Say goodbye to high costs and hello to quality care with significant savings on the UK and US costs. Read on to know more now!
All About Basal Implants in Turkey
Basal implants, also known as cortical or bicortical implants, are a type of dental implant designed to provide a stable anchorage in the basal or cortical bone layers of the jaw. 
In simple words, dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed in your jaw to support replacement teeth.
Now, basal implants are a special kind of these artificial roots that are designed to be extra stable by attaching to the strong outer layer of your jawbone.
Unlike regular implants that mainly use the trabecular bone (spongy bone) for support, basal implants engage with the tough outer layers.
This makes them a good option when there’s not a lot of bone to work with. 
- Dental Implants in Turkey
- All on 6 Dental Implants in Turkey
- Full Mouth Restoration in Turkey
- Hollywood Smile in Turkey
- Dental Crowns in Turkey
- Why Are Veneers Cheaper in Turkey?
Explore the innovation of flapless basal implant therapy, a progressive approach that minimizes surgical intervention.
Embrace a treatment with less post-operative pain, swelling, and overall discomfort.
What Are the Types of Basal Implants?
There are four basic types of basal implants available worldwide.
- Screw form
- Disk form
- Plate form
- Other forms
Types of Basal Implants in Turkey 
Let’s explore the categorization of each below:
- These implants are known for their stability & ability to engage both the upper & lower cortical bones of the jaw.
- They are suitable for cases with minimal bone height in the alveolar region.
- These include:
- Compression Screw Design (KOS Implant)
- Bi-Cortical Screw Design (BCS Implant)
- Compression Screw + Bi-Cortical Screw Design (KOS Plus Implant)
- Disk-form implants are designed to provide stability and support through a wider surface area.
- They may be considered in cases where the bone structure is more favorable for this type of implant.
- These include:
- Basal Osseointegrated Implant (BOI) / Trans-Osseous Implant (TOI) / Lateral Implant
- Plate-form implants are broader and can offer increased surface contact with the bone.
- They may be appropriate in situations where a larger implant is preferred for enhanced stability.
- These include:
- BOI-BAC Implant
- BOI-BAC2 Implant
- TPG Implant (Tubero-pterygoid)
- The TPG implant is typically placed in the tuberosity & pterygoid regions of the upper jaw (maxilla).
- They’re designed for cases where there is insufficient bone in the posterior maxilla, particularly in the molar & premolar areas.
- ZSI Implant (Zygoma Screw)
- ZSI implants are anchored in the zygomatic bone, which is the cheekbone.
- They’re used when there is severe bone resorption in the upper jaw.
Now, let’s see why basal implants might be just what you need!
What Are the Advantages of Basal Implants?
You must be wondering- how good are basal implants?
From enhanced stability to reduced treatment timelines, the benefits of basal implants contribute significantly to the evolution of the improved quality of life for dental patients worldwide.
Let’s see exactly how basal implants help you get your dream smile:
- Immediate loading: Basal implants allow for early or immediate loading, reducing the overall treatment time compared to traditional implant systems. 
- Enhanced stability: The bicortical anchorage of basal implants provides increased stability, especially in compromised alveolar bone height cases. 
- Reduced bone augmentation requirements: Basal implants are designed to engage the basal bone, reducing the need for bone augmentation procedures like bone grafting. 
- Suitability for compromised bone conditions: Basal implants are considered suitable for patients with poor bone quality or quantity.
- Minimal invasive procedures: Basal implant techniques involve minimally invasive procedures, contributing to patient comfort & faster recovery times. 
- High success rates: Studies have reported high success rates for basal implants. 
- Less chances of infection: Basal implants use the basal bone, which is less prone to bone resorption & infections. 
Basal Implants in Turkey: Procedure
The placement of basal implants involves a specialized procedure that differs from traditional implant techniques.
The process typically includes several key steps, from the initial assessment to the final restoration.
Here’s an overview of the basal implant procedure in Turkey:
- A comprehensive examination of your oral health, bone structure & medical history is conducted to determine the suitability for basal implants.
- Imaging techniques such as CT scans and preoperative panoramic radiographs may be used to assess bone density & anatomy.
- Based on the assessment, a customized treatment plan is developed.
- This includes determining the number & location of basal implants, considering your anatomical structure, & planning for the final prosthetic restoration.
- Before the surgical procedure begins, local anesthesia is administered to ensure patient comfort during the surgery.
- The surgical placement of basal implants involves engaging the cortical bone in specific regions.
- This includes the tuberosity, pterygoid, or zygomatic bone, depending on the type of basal implant being used.
- The implants are inserted through a minimally invasive or flapless approach.
- A digital impression of the jaw & implants is captured, followed by the fabrication of the prosthesis.
- Subsequently, the prosthesis is securely attached to the basal implants using screws & meticulously adjusted to achieve a natural & comfortable fit.
- This is usually done 48-72 hours after the implant placement.
- The feasibility of immediate loading hinges on critical factors, including the stability of the implants & your overall health status.
- Following implant placement, a healing period is necessary to allow osseointegration, the process where the implants fuse with the surrounding bone.
- The duration of this period may vary but is crucial for the long-term success of the treatment.
- Once osseointegration is achieved, the prosthetic phase begins.
- This involves the fabrication & attachment of the final dental prosthesis, which may be fixed or removable, depending on the treatment plan & patient preferences.
- Regular follow-up appointments are scheduled to monitor the healing process, assess the stability of the implants, & address any concerns.
- Patients are advised on proper oral hygiene practices & maintenance of their implant-supported prosthetics.
- Use an antimicrobial or prescribed mouthwash as recommended by your dentist to reduce the risk of infection.
- Be cautious while eating to avoid putting excessive pressure on the implants during the initial healing phase.
- Stick to a soft or liquid diet during the initial days to avoid stressing the implants.
How Long Do Basal Implants Last?
With a high success rate of 95.7%, basal implants can last a lifetime. The material used does not degrade and is not subject to any corrosion.
In general, well-maintained basal implants have the potential to last for several decades.
Keep scrolling to see how safe Turkey is for your basal implant treatment!
Which Is Better Basal Implant or Conventional Implant?
Basal implants offer the advantage of easy adjustment or removal, providing flexibility in case of changes.
Now, let’s distinguish between conventional dental implants and basal implants to make your dental journey to a dreamy smile much easier!
Basal Implants vs. Traditional Dental Implants
|Conventional Dental Implants
|Typically placed in the trabecular (spongy) bone.
|Engages the cortical (dense outer) bone. 
|Requires good bone quality and quantity.
|Suitable for compromised bone situations. 
|Immediate loading is available.
|Generally designed for immediate loading. 
|Complex to remove, may lead to bone loss.
|Easily adjustable or removable with minimal impact.
|Correction and Adjustments
|Limited adaptability; revisions may be intricate.
|Allows for easy corrections and adjustments.
|May involve more extensive surgery and bone grafts.
|Generally considered a less invasive procedure. 
|Bone Mass Preservation
|Removal may lead to bone mass destruction.
|Minimal impact on bone mass during adjustments.
|Effective for various cases but bone-dependent.
|Versatile, suitable for a range of clinical cases.
|Treatment duration may be longer.
|Often results in a quicker treatment process. 
|Ideal for cases with sufficient bone density.
|Suitable for cases with compromised bone situations.
|Ease of Correction after Placement
|Limited adaptability after placement.
|Allows for easy adjustments or removal.
It’s important to note that the choice between the two depends on your dental needs, bone conditions, and treatment preferences.
Why Are Basal Implants So Cheap in Turkey?
The main reason why basal implants in Turkey is so cheap is because the overall operation costs, including laboratory costs and dentist fees, are lower in comparison to the UK and US.
Let’s see how:
- Low operational & labor costs: Turkey benefits from lower operational and labor expenses, enabling clinics to offer more affordable basal implants.
- Lower cost of living: With a lower cost of living than many Western countries, Turkey passes on the savings to patients seeking basal implants. 
- These include lower costs for rent, utilities, and administrative expenses compared to Western countries.
- Currency exchange advantage: Unlock a higher exchange value by harnessing the strength of your home currency when converting to Turkish Lira.
- The favorable currency exchange rates in Turkey contribute to cost-effectiveness for patients seeking basal implants.
Turkey and incredible cost savings are calling youGet a free quote now!
Best Dental Clinics for Basal Implants in Turkey
Uncover the top 10 dental clinics & board certified dentists in Turkey—where expertise meets excellence.
Let’s see how you benefit from the same below:
- These clinics employ advanced tools like CT Scans, CEREC, & CAD-CAM, ensuring meticulous implant placement.
- These clinics are equipped with 3D intraoral scanners & digital implant planning software to ensure a precise approach to your dental care.
The following are a few of the best dental clinics in Turkey for basal implants:
- Soothing spa-like treatment is offered to the patients.
- The satisfaction rate is 100%.
- Same-day dentistry is available for procedures that normally require 3-5 visits.
- Dental laser treatment is provided by the clinic.
- Free video consultation is available.
- The team consists of 20+ dentists.
- The clinic received patients from more than 112 countries.
- Follows high-level standards & international norms.
- 28+ years of experience
- World-class dental treatment
- Luxurious spa experience
- Qualified dentists and staff
- Custom play area for kids
- Dental technology includes- CEREC, CAD/CAM, DSD
- Certifications include: ISO 10002:2018, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 27001:2013
- A modern clinic that specializes in various dental procedures, from restorative to aesthetic dental care.
- Free consultations
- No language barrier: Multilingual staff and translators onboard
- Offers lifetime warranty for implants and up to 2 years for most dental treatments
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off services
- Equipped with the latest technology
- Free consultations
- Accreditations: Nobel Biocare, Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (TAOMS)
- Offer single-trip implants depending on the patient's dental condition
- Accepting payments in cash, cheque, PayPal, bank transfers, and more
- Offering full accommodation in 4-star hotels for treatments above €2,300
- Free video consultations
- Free diagnostic tests that include CT Scan/3D X-ray, initial examination/consultation, panoramic x-rays, and single x-ray
- Free ground transfers (airport-clinic-airport)
- Life-time warranty for dental implants
- Equipped with an in-house lab and offers immediate loading of implants
- Experience - 10+ years
- Uses modern technology such as smile design software, CEREC digital impression device, and soft tissue laser
- Offers a lifetime guarantee for implants (screw only)
- Free online and initial consultations
- A reputed dental clinic in Tekirdağ
- More than 2 decades of experience
- State-of-the-art technology
- Free ground transfers (airport-clinic-airport)
- Received the International Health Tourism Authorization certificate from the Turkey Ministry of Health
- Offers lifetime warranty for dental implants (screw only)
- 10+ years of experience
- With advanced implantology, the clinic provides total rehabilitation
- Easily accessible as it is 22 miles from the airport
- Dental team of 40+ members
- Technology includes: 3D digitally guided dental implants, Computer-aided design & Computer-aided manufacturing, CEREC Sirona technologies
- Ultra modern clinic with an in-house lab
- Offering super-saver deals for all-on-4/6 implants
- Offering same-day implants depending on the patient's condition
- Certified by International Organization for Standardization (ISO) & Turkish Dental Association (TDB)
- The clinic can assist with transportation
- All equipment sterilized with high heat, ultrasonic devices, & ultrasonic disinfectant solutions
- In-house lab with cutting-edge technology
- Intraoral scanners are used for examination and diagnosis
- More than 2 decades of experience
- Obtained the International Health Tourism Authorization certificate from the Turkey Ministry of Health.
Speak to a dentist and clear your doubts todayTap to connect!
Is It Safe To Have Basal Implants in Turkey?
Basal implants have gained attention as an alternative to traditional dental implants due to their purported advantages such as reduced need for bone grafting and shorter treatment times.
However, there are several concerns regarding their safety and efficacy.
Below are some pointers on why basal implants may not be considered entirely safe:
Lack of Long-Term Clinical Evidence
While some short-term studies suggest favorable outcomes with basal implants, there is a scarcity of long-term clinical evidence assessing their safety and success rates. 
Long-term studies are essential to evaluate the longevity and potential complications associated with these implants.
Higher Risk of Complications
A higher incidence of complications, including implant fractures and peri-implantitis, is associated with basal implants compared to conventional dental implants.
Complex Surgical Technique
The placement of basal implants often requires specific surgical techniques and expertise.
This complexity may limit their widespread adoption and require additional training for dental practitioners.
Basal implants may lead to bone resorption around the implant site over time.
This can compromise the stability of the implant and affect the overall success of the treatment.
We hope that this comprehensive view into the world of basal implants helps you choose the right dental treatment that matches your needs!
Ready to embark on your journey for basal implants in Turkey? DentaVacation is your dedicated companion every step of the way!
With our specially crafted packages, you can acquire cheap teeth implants Turkey while relishing a memorable vacation experience.
Save significantly, receive exceptional dental care, and bask in the beauty of this enchanting country by choosing Turkey for your dental needs!
Connect with our case managers today to receive the latest pricing details.