Called by Fox News Latino’s January 19, 2011 article by Carolyn Salazer “a dental draw because of its cut-rate prices,” Los Algodones is becoming a popular spot for dental tourism in Mexico. Los Algodones dentists are known for their top-of-the-line facilities and equipment that are on par – and sometimes better – than the ones found in the U.S.
For this reason, this city of about 5000 is a draw for Americans looking to save money by visiting a dentist in the Arizona-Mexico border area.
About Los Algodones
- Los Algodones is located about 2 1/2 hours by car from San Diego, California, 3 1/2 hours from Phoenix, Arizona and 4 1/2 hours from Los Angeles.
- Entry into Mexico can be made at the border at Andrade, California, directly adjacent to Los Algodones; the border is open every day between 6am and 10pm.
- The nearest airport is in Yuma, no more than 15 minutes from most dentists in the Yuma-Mexico border area.
- The Imperial Country Airport in El Centro, CA is 55 miles from the Los Algodones border; the San Diego International Airport is about 165 miles.
- Temperatures are hottest from June to September, when daily highs can surpass 100˚F. In December and January, daytime temperatures drop to around 70˚F; evenings can be quite chilly.
- Los Algodones is 3 hours behind the East Cost, in the Pacific Standard Time Zone (PST).
- Due to the lower cost of living in Mexico, Los Algodones dentists are able to offer quality care at a lower price. In fact, Algodones dentist prices may be between 30%-70% lower than in the United States.
- Many of the best dentists in Los Algodones – Mexico have received training in the US or Europe, and a large number of them speak English. For this reason, it is common to see Americans and other foreign patients at Los Algodones dental clinics.
Los Algodones Dentist – Prices and Facilities
Many patients travel to receive same day dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico. With the quick recovery time of this procedure, one can have the dental work done in the morning and be back in the States the same afternoon.
Patient Testimonials About Dentists in Los Algodones
- This Canadian patient’s story of dental restoration in Mexico involves implantation of crowns and fillings. His wife, who also had her treatment done, gives a positive review of Mexican dental services.
- Another patient, from Phoenix, Arizona, says that affordability is the biggest advantage of an Algodones dental vacation.
- Finally, we have a review by a California resident of the hygiene and safety in Algodones dental centers.
With the prevalence of dentists on the Mexico border, it can be difficult to know who to choose. A little research can help you find the best dentist in Algodones – Mexico.
Other Options for Dentists in US-Mexico Border Area
Many other options exist for patients unwilling to travel, or unable to find the right dentist in Algodones – Mexico. With its proximity to San Diego, Tijuana – located in Mexico’s Baja California state – is another popular destination for those looking for dentists in the US-Mexico border area.
The cost of dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico is significantly lower than in the United States, and dental tourists have the opportunity to explore a surprisingly cosmopolitan city that has long shed its notorious reputation.
Another option for dentists in the US-Mexico border area is Ciudad Juarez, right across El Paso, Texas.
According to a report by Susanna Kim published on the ABC News website on June 8, 2012, the “consumer price index for dental services rose 154 percent” between 2000 and 2010.
For the many Americans who lack adequate dental insurance, this may mean having to put off vital treatment or forgoing costly preventative measures necessary for safeguarding their dental health. A cost-saving trip to a Los Algodones dentist may mean the difference between the confidence that comes from a healthy smile, and having to live with painful or unsightly teeth.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Los Algodones Dentist.