Called by Fox News Latino’s January 19, 2011 article by Carolyn Salazer “a dental draw because of its cut-rate prices,” Los Algodones is becoming a popular spot for dental tourism in Mexico. Los Algodones dentists are known for their top-of-the-line facilities and equipment that are on par – and sometimes better than the ones found in the U.S.
For this reason, this city of about 5000 is a draw for Americans looking to save money by visiting a dentist in the Arizona-Mexico border area.
About Los Algodones
- Los Algodones is located about 2 1/2 hours by car from San Diego, California, 3 1/2 hours from Phoenix, Arizona and 4 1/2 hours from Los Angeles.
- Entry into Mexico can be made at the border at Andrade, California, directly adjacent to Los Algodones; the border is open every day between 6 am and 10 pm.
- The nearest airport is in Yuma, no more than 15 minutes from most dentists in the Yuma-Mexico border area.
- The Imperial Country Airport in El Centro, CA is 55 miles from the Los Algodones border; the San Diego International Airport is about 165 miles.
- Temperatures are hottest from June to September, when daily highs can surpass 100˚F. In December and January, daytime temperatures drop to around 70˚F; evenings can be quite chilly.
- Los Algodones is 3 hours behind the East Coast, in the Pacific Standard Time Zone (PST).
- Due to the lower cost of living in Mexico, Los Algodones dentists are able to offer quality care at a lower price. In fact, Algodones dentist prices may be between 30%-70% lower than in the United States.
- Many of the best dentists in Los Algodones – Mexico have received training in the US or Europe, and a large number of them speak English. For this reason, it is common to see Americans and other foreign patients at Los Algodones dental clinics.
How to Find a Good Dentist in Algodones, Mexico?
Contemplating of taking advantage of Mexico’s dental tourism boom by going to Algodones for some affordable dental work? The first and most important thing you should do is to find the best dentists in Los Algodones, Mexico. Working with a dental professional that makes you feel safe and comfortable is vital to make your dental trip not only successful but a pleasant one as well.
Word of Mouth about Algodones Dentists
Yes, word of mouth from friends and even from strangers about “the best dental experts in Algodones” can be a great way to start your list. However, make sure that you are filtering what you hear. To make the most of their recommendations, make sure you are comparing apples with apples. If you need cosmetic dentistry, then take note of cosmetic dental surgeons, not general dentists.
Qualifications of Dentists in Algodones
Remember it is very easy for anyone to post a CV online. Knowing if what they said it is true is the hard part. Reputable dental tourism agencies are your best bet with this. Aside from CVs, they will also be able to provide you with other information such as patient testimonials and procedure counts that can help you find a qualified dentist in Algodones.
- For instance, if you are traveling to Mexico for teeth implants, then ask for information about how many teeth implant procedures have been performed by this dentist.
- Some previous patients also permit dentists to give out their contact info for references that future patients may need.
- Dental tourism agencies may also have video testimonials from patients sharing their experiences, which will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Los Algodones Dentist – Prices
Many patients travel to receive same day dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico. With the quick recovery time of this procedure, one can have the dental work done in the morning and be back in the States the same afternoon.
|Standard Titanium Dental Implant (only implant) Nobel Biocare, MIS, Straumann, or MegaGen from||750||1-3 days|
|Implant Supported Overdentures (Removable)||2550 – 3650||1-4 days|
|All on 6 (per arch; MegaGen or Nobel Biocare Implants)||7980 – 11280||–|
|All on 8 + Fixed Porcelain Bridge (per arch)||10280||–|
|DENTAL CROWNS & BRIDGES
|Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) Crown||180||3-4 days|
|Full Porcelain or Ceramic Crown||340||3-4 days|
|Zirconia Crown||450||5 days|
|Full Denture Immediate or healing (upper or lower)||250||3-4 days|
|Full Denture Acrylic teeth (upper or lower)||250||3-4 days|
|Full Denture Porcelain Teeth (upper or lower)||350||3-4 days|
|Full Dentures Composite Teeth (upper or lower)||350||3-4 days|
Patient Testimonials About Dentists in Los Algodones
- This Canadian patient’s story of dental restoration in Mexico involves implantation of crowns and fillings. His wife, who also had her treatment done, gives a positive review of Mexican dental services.
- Another patient, from Phoenix, Arizona, says that affordability is the biggest advantage of an Algodones dental vacation.
- Finally, we have a review by a California resident of the hygiene and safety in Algodones dental centers.
With the prevalence of dentists on the Mexico border, it can be difficult to know who to choose. A little research can help you find the best dentist in Algodones – Mexico.
Algodones Dental Trip, and Facilities
With regard to the treatment center where the dentist works, you should be asking the following questions:
- Is a trip to the Algodones clinic practical? Most dental tourists prefer to work with the best dentists in Mexico border areas like Algodones, Ciudad Juarez, and Tijuana. If you are living in the US, consider travel arrangements based on practicality and ease.
- Do they speak English? Fortunately, because Algodones is near Yuma, Arizona and some parts of California, their dental clinics are experienced with dealing with tourists from the US and Canada. Requesting a short conversation with someone from the clinic can also help you with this concern.
- What type of facilities and equipment do they use? This is very important especially for people going to Mexico for all on four dental implants, jaw bone grafting, or other more complex procedures. You deserve to be treated by the best dental surgeons in Algodones, Mexico in the best facilities possible.
- How do they qualify patients? Sometimes, patients have the tendency to just decide on their own that they want a specific procedure done. However, what they want may not always be safe or possible. A good dentist should always ask for dental reports and X-ray images to study before deciding to treat a patient. He does not take advantage of patients by convincing them to undergo procedures that they do not qualify for, or worse, may put them in danger.
- How much will the trip cost? Even the most experienced dentists in Algodones may charge you very little compared to US and Canada prices, but don’t forget to consider other expenses like transportation and accommodation if you plan to stay more than a day. Most hospitals and dental centers give free rides for border or airport pick-ups for patients, and also give discounted hotel accommodations, so try to take advantage of these options.
Other Options for Dentists in US-Mexico Border Area
Many other options exist for patients unwilling to travel, or unable to find the right dentist in Algodones – Mexico. With its proximity to San Diego, Tijuana – located in Mexico’s Baja California state – is another popular destination for those looking for dentists in the US-Mexico border area.
The cost of dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico is significantly lower than in the United States, and dental tourists have the opportunity to explore a surprisingly cosmopolitan city that has long shed its notorious reputation.
Another option for dentists in the US-Mexico border area is Ciudad Juarez, right across El Paso, Texas.
According to a report by Susanna Kim published on the ABC News website on June 8, 2012, the “consumer price index for dental services rose 154 percent” between 2000 and 2010.
For the many Americans who lack adequate dental insurance, this may mean having to put off vital treatment or forgoing costly preventative measures necessary for safeguarding their dental health. A cost-saving trip to a Los Algodones dentist may mean the difference between the confidence that comes from a healthy smile and having to live with painful or unsightly teeth.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Los Algodones Dentist.