According to a report by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, “69% of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth…By age 74, 26% of adults have lost all of their permanent teeth.”
For the majority of the adults suffering from tooth loss, permanent solutions can be prohibitively expensive and often are not covered by insurance. For this reason, travel for fixed dentures in Cancun – Mexico is a viable alternative to expensive procedures in the United States.
Dental tourism in Mexico is becoming increasingly popular among Americans looking for cheaper alternatives to domestic procedures. Fixed partial dentures in Cancun – Mexico can be a great way to save money on an important procedure while enjoying the Latin American country’s most popular tourist destinations.
About Fixed Dentures
Fixed dentures, or fixed partial dentures, are dental prosthetics which attach directly to implants or natural teeth. Typically made of porcelain, they are permanent fixtures which cannot be removed by patients.
A fixed denture can be a bridge to cover a gap caused by missing teeth, or a larger plate attached to implants. Among the advantages of fixed dentures vs. removable dentures are increased comfort, more natural appearance, and greater ease of chewing and speaking.
A related procedure, known as hybrid dentures, involves a dental prosthesis that can be removed for maintenance or professional cleaning.
Fixed Dentures in Cancun – The Benefits
- In most cases, proper dental implants are the first step towards obtaining fixed dentures.
- Many people seek out dental implants in Mexico because of their low cost and because of the country’s proximity to the US. Fixed denture prices in Mexico are only a fraction of the American prices.
- Fixed denture dental implants in Cancun are an excellent option because of the city’s well-established dental tourism infrastructure, which includes modern facilities and professional oral surgeons, many of whom were trained abroad and speak English.
- Those who travel for fixed dentures in Cancun, Mexico also enjoy lower waiting times for surgery and the luxury of recuperating in one of Mexico’s best-known tourist destinations.
- Those who plan to receive fixed dentures in Cancun can potentially undergo other treatments in the same trip as well, thus saving even more money. You could probably go in for a nip and tuck along with your dental work and return home rejuvenated without breaking the bank!
- Additionally, many patients who travel for fixed hybrid denture dental implants in Cancun will also take time to enjoy the area’s many tourist attractions.
Planning Your Trip for Implant Retained Dentures in Cancun
With the current popularity of traveling for teeth implants in Mexico, potential dental tourists have a lot of options for planning their trip. Talk to your dentist first to see if a dental implant for dentures in Cancun is right for you, and then begin by reading some patient testimonials about dental work in Mexico.
Here are some other things to consider as you plan your trip for fixed dentures in Cancun, Mexico:Most international flights fly into the Cancun International Airport, 10 miles south of downtown. Guests at some of the area’s larger resorts may be able to receive a discount on their airfare.
- Most US citizens who travel for denture replacement in Cancun will enter the country on a tourist visa, which is good for a stay of up to 180 days.
- Those considering dental implants and dentures in Cancun – Mexico should keep in mind that prices for food, lodging, and other attractions will be higher during the peak tourist season, which runs from mid-December to March.
- Weather is typically warm and sunny throughout the year, though summers and early fall can see frequent, sometimes heavy rains.
Popular tourist attractions in the area include swimming at white sand beaches, touring ancient Mayan ruins, visiting vibrant colonial cities, and shopping for handicrafts at traditional markets. Many tourists opt to stay outside of the city itself, in beach towns such as Playa Del Carmen, though this option may be less convenient for patients receiving fixed dentures with implants in Cancun.
Many find the dental implants for fixed dentures cost in Cancun, Mexico to be worth traveling abroad for. Whether or not fixed dentures in Cancun, Mexico are right for you is a decision that should be made based on careful research and consultation with your local dentist.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Fixed Dentures in Cancun – Mexico.