Dental Tourism In Playa del Carmen
The cost of dental care is #1 reason Americans lack good oral health.  Do you need a solution for the same? The answer is cheap yet high-quality dental tourism in Playa del Carmen. Read more ahead.
Video Courtesy: Round-the-World (RotWo)
Dental work in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, is as famous as the scenic view of the Caribbean Sea from the city.
Located in the state of Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen is often the preferred choice of many looking to blend a vacation with dental work.
We’ve penned down all the details you need to know about this amazing dental vacation.
Cost of Dental Works in Playa del Carmen
The cost of dental treatment in Playa del Carmen helps you save approximately 70% of the cost than in the USA.
This is true for almost all dental services.
The cost of regular teeth cleaning in Playa del Carmen is only $35 compared to $200 in the US and $300 in Australia.
You save more than 80% of the cost in your home country. In Playa del Carmen, dental implants (all on 4) cost about $8,950.
You’ll have to shell out a whopping $24,000 in the US and $31,120 in Australia for the same procedure.
Playa del Carmen offers more than 60% of cost savings!
Dental Work in Playa del Carmen Cost Comparison
|Procedure||Playa del Carmen||USA/Canada||Australia|
|Implant (Single Tooth)||$790||$4,000||$5,565|
|All on 4 Implants + Fixed Acrylic Bridge (per arch)||$8,950||$24,000||$31,120|
|All on 6 Implants||$7,980||$28,000||$30,000|
|Porcelain or Ceramic Crown (Same Day)||$340||$3,000||$2,100|
|Root Canal Treatment||$220||$1,500||$2,700|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$200||$1,000||$1,500|
*Prices are subject to change
Get your smile 'restoration' done in no time!Save ~70%
Why Choose Playa del Carmen?
The idea of dental vacation in Playa del Carmen is quite popular among Americans and Canadians.
Affordable pricing, good quality treatment, and proximity are some of the reasons why they opt for dental care in Playa del Carmen.
The cost of dental work in Playa del Carmen is much less than in the US and Canada.
However, the quality of care remains the same as in their home country. Listed below are the advantages of dental care in Playa del Carmen.
Advantages of Dental Care in Playa del Carmen
Top-quality dental care at state-of-the-art clinics
Laser dentistry, CAD CAM technology, digital panoramic X-ray
Dental costs in Playa del Carmen are much lower compared to the US. Tourists may save as much as 60% to 80% on all major dental work.
Availability of team with different roles across branches of dentistry
No Language Barrier
Best English-speaking dentist in Playa del Carmen
The pricing list for all procedures is publicly available.
Worldwide Renowned Brands
World-famous Straumann and Nobel Biocare to pocket-friendly MIS and BHI Shark
Partner clinic offers a 2-year warranty on all dental work.
Variety of Payment Options
The clinic accepts cash, traveler’s checks, money orders, and credit cards.
Proximity from Cancun International Airport
Best Dentist: Playa del Carmen
Get your dental work done by experts in Playa del Carmen. The dentists are highly skilled and can cater to your problems with utmost professionalism.
ExpertiseDental Prostheses and Implants
EducationUniversidad Autónoma de Baja California
- Expert in dental prostheses and implants
- Certified in Advanced in Dental Prostheses and Implants. Occlusal Reconstruction. ROSS Institute, 2019
- Prostheses Perio-Implant Congress. ROSS Institute. Morelia, Michoacan, 2018
ExpertiseDental Implants and Surgeries
EducationUniversity of Medical Sciences of Pinar del Rio
- Attended workshop on "Occlusal rehabilitation, implant-assisted solutions" Nobel Biocare in Mexico, 2021
- Completed International Course of Zygomatic Implants in UNAM Mexico City, 2017
- Cerfificate by Mexican Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2018
- Member of International Team of Implantology
ExpertiseImplants and Gum Problems
EducationAutonomous University of Sinaloa
- Attended courses on Microbiology applied to Odontology, Interdisciplinary Periodontics and Periodontal Regeneration
- Attended workshop on Application of ALL-ON-4 and recovery, by Dr. Ricardo Peniche of Nobel Biocare
Dental Clinic: Playa del Carmen
We’ve hand-picked the best clinics in Playa del Carmen for you. Let’s have a look.
- One of the most renowned dental clinics in Mexico established in 1985
- Part of the largest dental group in Los Algodones, Baja California
- Team of 30 dental specialists across three branches
- Serve patients from USA & Canada
- Awards & accreditations: Better Business Bureau, American Dental Association
Get low-cost dental work done by certified dentists!Book your appointment
Is Dental Work in Playa del Carmen Safe?
Vacation travel to Playa del Carmen is safer than most global tourism destinations. However, it is advised that you’re cautious in public areas. 
Dentavacation’s chosen partner clinic in Playa del Carmen follows the best practices in dentistry.
Dental care in Playa del Carmen is safe because of the following reasons:
- Best dentists in Playa del Carmen hold rich experience ranging from 5 to 30 years.
- All dental work comes with a 2-5 year warranty.
- Visitors can book shared or private airport pick-up 48 hours before arrival for safe transfer to the hotel.
- Dentists in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, are trained from prestigious universities in South Korea and the USA.
- Availability of safe lodging services close to the clinic
- Attentive and personalized care in a relaxing environment that ensures fast recovery
How to Check Safety of Dental Work in Playa del Carmen?
You should seek answers to the following questions as you plan a dental vacation in Playa del Carmen:
- Does the clinic follow sterilization and disinfection protocol?
- What is the minimum warranty on dental work?
- Is the clinic accredited by the American Dental Association, Medical Tourism Association, or Mexican Council of Medical Tourism?
- Is in-house laboratory and equipment available?
- What is the dental surgery team size?
- What are the additional assistance/services that international travellers receive (local transport, internet access, waiting room, etc)?
- Does the clinic use the latest technology in dentistry?
How To Reach Playa del Carmen From Cancun?
The best way to reach Playa del Carmen is to reach Cancun International Airport (CUN).
It is the nearest international airport, about 55 minutes away. 
Flight Duration to Cancun
|New York||04h 05m|
|Los Angeles||04h 45m|
|Sydney||20h 22m (Connecting Flight)|
|Melbourne||21h 50m (Connecting Flight)|
From Cancun, you can avail either of the following modes of transportation:
- Clinic’s shuttle service
- Local bus, which takes about 55 minutes to reach Playa del Carmen
- A standard or deluxe taxi, which is fairly inexpensive
In Playa del Carmen, different modes of transportation are available, and you can go about the city quickly.
Car rentals, buses, taxis, motorcycles, or collectivos are commonly available. 
Document Requirements To Visit Playa del Carmen
All travelers to Mexico are required to have
- Passport: Make sure your passport is valid and has one page blank per stamp. 
- Visa: A Mexican embassy can issue you a visa for a stay of up to 180 days 
- You must also obtain a Mexico Tourist Card upon arrival or online (7 days before entry). 
All foreign visitors holding a valid visa for the following countries do not require a Mexican visa to enter the country:
- The United Kingdom
- Any of the Schengen countries 
Patient Review for Dental Work in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Dental Work in Playa del Carmen: Patient Testimonial
Sani Dental facility here in PDC is state-of-the-art. Friendly staff & world-class dental provider at a fair price.
I’m so happy that I chose Sani Dental Group. Everyone on the staff was outstanding; they care about their patients.
Great experience, the best dental clinic with the best dentists; they have the knowledge and make you feel comfortable.
Best Time To Visit Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
From December to April, the winter months are the best time to visit Playa del Carmen.
The weather varies a little, and the average temperature is 27° C / 80° F. 
Where Can I Stay During a Dental Vacation in Playa del Carmen?
For your dental vacation in Playa del Carmen, it is recommended that you stay in Playacar due to the safety it offers to tourists and the exclusiveness.
The dental clinic usually offers lodging services at preferential rates.
City Express Suites
The Reef 28
The Reef Resorts and Spa
City Express Playa del Carmen
Things To Do in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is the best destination for someone who likes beaches.
People can visit the Mayan archeological zones while practicing some aquatic activities.
Playa del Carmen is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world. 
Located 68 km south of Cancun, this town is known for some of the best resorts in the municipality of Solidaridad along the Caribbean coastline. 
Xcaret is an exemplary theme park in Cancun. You can enjoy a swim in the underground rivers, savor Mexican dishes and discover Mayan ruins.
Playa Mamitas is the most popular and beautiful beach featuring several restaurants and bars along the coastline. 
The park features the sculpture, Portal Maya. It is a perfect afternoon visit destination where you can get pictures clicked with families and friends.
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
Playa del Carmen is located near one of the world’s greatest barrier reef systems which stretches more than 700 miles. 
Chichen Itza is a sacred site that was one of the greatest Mayan centers of the Yucatán peninsula. It is about 2.5 hours away from Playa del Carmen. 
Tips to Remember
- Playa del Carmen is warm. Therefore, carry clothing that allows you to remain cool and comfortable.
- Always use banks or authorized people at clinics to exchange currency.
- Keep an insect repellent on a trip to the nearby places.
- Arrange your airport pick up beforehand in association with the clinic for a hassle-free arrival.
- It is illegal in Mexico to charge anything above the price mentioned on the menu. Therefore, examine your restaurant bills carefully.
- If you like liquor, try the Mayan version made from honey and herbs called Xtabentun.
- Always remember that “M” written on a bathroom door stands for Mujeres, which means Women.
- Mexican food is amazing even though it may not be the healthiest. Make sure to indulge in street food only a limited number of times.
- Always prefer to pay in local currency, Pesos, rather than in Dollars. ATMs in Playa del Carmen let you withdraw Pesos. Also, hotels with a “Casa de Cambio” sign outside have a dedicated currency exchange booth.
- Here are a few words in Spanish, which will help you during the trip:
Common Spanish Phrases
|Si||Yes||Una ronda más||One more round|
|Por favor||Please||Buenos días||Good morning|
|Mi nombre es||My name is||Mucho gusto||Nice to meet you|
Don’t let high dental bills in your home country come in the way of your oral health.
With dental tourism in Playa del Carmen, you can get quality treatment at an affordable price!
Dentavacation is readily available to help you get back your bright smile.
Feel free to contact us for more information regarding dental work in Playa del Carmen.
Have more questions? Our case managers are here to help, contact us now.
Frequently Asked Questions
For dental cleaning, Playa del Carmen clinics will help you save more than 80% of the cost in the US.
A regular teeth cleaning will cost you $35 in Playa del Carmen compared to $200 in the States.
Also, the cost of laser teeth cleaning in Playa del Carmen is $190 instead of $400 in the US.
Yes, the clinic can assist you with the proper paperwork to receive reimbursement from your insurance provider for the dental bills.
How you can pay for dental work in Playa del Carmen depends on whether your insurance covers the expenses of dental procedures abroad.
If it does, then check with the clinic if they have a direct tie-up with the insurance provider. Else, you can claim the reimbursement later.
If the insurance does not cover dental treatment abroad, you can pay in cash or through cards.
All candidates receive local anesthesia injection before the procedure for a painless experience.
However, if you need sedation, you can discuss it with the dental team and they will arrange it.
Travellers from the U.S.A, Canada, and other countries come to Mexico for all types of dental procedures.
Some of these procedures include dental implants, crowns, dentures, veneers, and bridgework. Teeth whitening in Playa del Carmen is also popular.
Yes, the quality of dental work in Playa del Carmen is the same as the U.S.A.
The cost, however, is at least 70 to 80 per cent less as compared to the U.S.A.
The specialists receive their training in some of the most prestigious institutes around the world
You can contact us and let us know the preferred day of the appointment. We will get back to you with a confirmation.