Dental Work in the Philippines
Many people look forward to getting dental work in the Philippines primarily because of affordability and quality of treatment.
The Philippines may not be the first name to strike your mind when you think of the same.
But you can be assured that it ranks among the most popular dental tourism destinations with affordable dental facilities. 
Video Courtesy: Best Places
Cost of Dental Care in the Philippines
Most dental treatments dig a deep hole in your pocket in your home country. But when taken up in countries like the Philippines the same comes at an 80% lesser price.
Sounds unbelievable, right?
People visit the Philippines for a range of dental treatments like implants, crowns, veneers, dentures, etc., which cost $1100, $200, $300, and $500, respectively.
Whereas the same procedures cost exorbitant amounts like $4000, $2000, $2000, and $1800 in the USA.
|Single dental implant||$1100||$4,000||$2,100-7,000|
|Root canal treatment||$200||$1,500||$1,300|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$420||$900||$570|
*Prices are subject to change
Save massively on all dental treatments!Request custom quote
Why the Philippines for Dental Work?
There are many reasons people prefer the Philippines as a destination for dental treatments. The key ones are:
The amount spent on root canal therapy, dentures, or teeth whitening in the Philippines is more affordable.
You can save up to 75% than western countries like the US, Australia, or Europe. 
The Philippines thus offers an excellent place for having a dental vacation, especially for those who do not have dental insurance.
This is another significant factor for people from Australia and New Zealand, as it is pretty close to them geographically.
If you pick a direct flight from either of these destinations to the Philippines, it will not take you longer than 8-11 hours at a stretch.
This also depends on your city of departure. 
Also, Australian and New Zealand citizens, who have a passport validity of 6 months, can stay in the country for 30 days or even longer if needed.
Another important reason is that only world-renowned materials and equipment are used in the country in dental clinics.
These are imported from countries like Germany, the USA, etc.
State of the art dental clinics are extremely particular about their hygiene and other sterilization procedures.
They have translators that can speak in English to cater to the needs of foreign patients.
The dentists are highly skilled and have remarkable experience, as they handle a vast number of cases everyday.
There is no shortage of options for accommodation, and there are many options that you can decide from depending on your budget.
A complete range of hotels in Manila offers a decent stay.
If you book a complete dental vacation package, the clinics also guide you with the best lodgings and the necessary transportation options.
Dental Training and Accreditation in the Philippines
- All the dental clinics and hospitals in the Philippines come under the supervision of the Department of Health.
- Those opting for dental degree training in the Philippines enjoy an advantage as the education is based on the US system.
- All dentists have to undergo preparatory training for two years before opting for a full-fledged dentistry program of 4 or 6 years. 
- Those wanting to pursue their studies further and specialize in a particular field of dentistry often also need to spend an additional two years.
- Many dentists in the Philippines and other countries get their degrees and training from the European nations or the US and then return to their home countries.
- All the doctors who seek to carry out their professional practice in the country have to register themselves with PDA or the Philippine Dental Association.They should carry a professional license that has been issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
Standard of Dental Care in the Philippines
Being a known place for dental tourism, dental clinics in the Philippines go entirely out of their way to accommodate patients and offer them a hassle-free experience.
So, the standards of care often exceed the ones people get back at home. This may range from top-class equipment to completely free-of-cost hotel pickups.
When in the Philippines, we advise you to choose your clinic after much research and care as many in the market do not maintain standards and offer substandard facilities.
Dental Tourism in the Philippines
There are more than 7600 islands in the Philippines.  Here are some places that offer good options for sightseeing alongside top-grade dental clinics in Manila.
National Museum | Philippines
- The museum is an important historical landmark in the Philippines.
- Its complex includes the National Art Gallery, Planetarium, and also Museum of the Filipino People.
- The government has kept no entry fee requirements.
Rizal Park | Philippines
- Rizal Park is the place where the national hero Jose Rizal was executed.
- The park houses beautiful ornamental gardens, historical figures and musical fountains.
- It is spread across 140 acres with a beautiful Orchidarium.
Fort Santiago | Philippines
- The fort was completed in 1593 and is placed in the ancient city of Intramuros.
- There are many structures in the fort including the Rizal shrine.
- It has witnessed history from the Spanish conquest to World War II.
Source: Guide to the Philippines 
Partner Dental Clinics in the Philippines
The Philippines offers world-class dental treatment, provided you make the right searches and can get to the right clinics.
Here are some of our partner dental clinics that offer a host of services.
Sacred Heart Dental Clinic
- English-speaking staff
- Wide range of dental treatments available
- Accredited to Philippine Dental Association
- High experience with international patients
- The clinic is equipped with the latest dental technology
- The clinic lays emphasis on hygiene measures
- The doctors are trained as per western standards
- Offers premium cosmetic dentistry services
- Equipped with most latest dental equipment
- The clinic has a line of highly specialized and trained dentists
- Clinic dentists have graduated from the premier institutions
- The clinics offer many treatments. These include dental implants, veneers, porcelain crowns, whitening, dentures etc
Best Dentist for Dental Work in the Philippines
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8, Oral Surgery
EducationManila Central University
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8, Veneers
EducationUniversity of the Philippines
- Attended local and international seminars and conferences.
- Completed Aesthetic 101 course
Experiencing dental health problems?Connect with our experts
What To Look For Before Booking Your Dental Vacation
There are some essential considerations that you should take up before you plan your next dental vacation to the Philippines.
You should pick your dental clinic wisely and have a clear idea about the dental procedure and the related costs.
Before you pin down a clinic, you should ensure certain aspects:
- Accreditation of the clinic
- The kind of aftercare they offer
- Check testimonials and reviews
- Quality of materials used for the treatment
- Specialization of the doctors along with their experience
- Is there any marked procedure in case of any complications?
- You should confirm if insurance is also a part of the package
- If you book an entire package, you should confirm the inclusions as airport transfers, accommodation, etc., are included in many cases.
Philippines Travel Advice – Info and Tips
The Philippines is a perfect travel destination to address various dental needs.
- The capital city Manila has beautiful sites and some of the best dental clinics
- Call 117 for the Police National Operations Center hotline. The international calling code for the Philippines is (+63)
- There are no special vaccinations needed except for the people who travel from places where yellow fever is spread
- The official languages are Filipino and English, so language does not become a barrier if you travel from first-world nations
- There is no visa requirement if you travel for 30 days or less.However, everyone who enters the country should have a passport validity of 6 months, including the intended period of stay.
Source: Smart Traveller  , Govt. of Canada 
The Philippines has a rich and colorful history and is famous for its unique kind of cuisine.
Filipinos love seafood and tropical food and have some of the most creative cooks globally.
Here are some of the most popular foods that will keep your taste buds sorted.
It is one of the trendy dishes that is enjoyed in every household. The cooking style comes from Mexico.
Filipinos loved the new way to preserve meat.
Vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt, and other tropical spices are added.
Adobo comes with the braising liquid reduced to a glaze.
Another favorite dish for every party.
The whole pig is roasted over the coal & served with liver sauce.
It is cooked until the skin becomes golden-brown and crispy.
Filipino masters called “Lechoneros”, have mastered the art of cooking this.
Pampanga is also called the culinary capital of the Philippines.
The name is derived from “sisigan”, meaning to “munch on something sour”.
It is a sizzling delicacy made said to go very well with a cold beer.
Getting dental work in the Philippines will offer you affordable dental treatment clubbed with a luxurious and exciting vacation.
Dentavacation will help you with all the information and assistance required to make your trip a memorable experience.
It is generally safe to travel to the Philippines.
The FCDO advises against all travel to western and central Mindanao and the Sulu archipelago, etc., because of terrorist activity.
There are clashes between the military and insurgent groups. However, our partner clinics are away from all the chaos. 
You will find a safe and healthy environment for your vacation.
The country typically experiences warm tropical weather around the year and has two prominent seasons.
The best time to travel is between January and May, as the coolest months fall. 
The Philippines offers a wide range of the most popular outdoor activities in the air, land, or water.
Some of the most interesting ones include hiking Mt. Pulag, surfing in Siargao, paragliding in Sarangani, and freediving with Sardines, amongst others. 
Enjoy a dental vacay on the sun-soaked islandsTake me to Philippines