“Where in Mexico can Americans go for inexpensive dental care?” is an often asked question. Affordable and quality cosmetic dentistry in Cancun may be the answer. Especially for uninsured, self-paying.
Cosmetic dentistry includes individual dental procedures or a combination of procedures for achieving an esthetic smile.
Smile Makeover in Cancun
A Smile makeover, commonly called dental makeover or smile designing, consists of one or a combination of procedures like dental veneers, crowns, teeth whitening, enamel shaping, and gum treatment.
It is different from full mouth reconstruction, as cosmetic dentistry mainly focuses on the esthetic element while complete mouth rehab also includes the fixing of chewing capacity.
Steps in Smile Makeover
Consultation with smile designing dental experts. Treatment plan options and your expectations are discussed. Pre-treatment photographs are taken.
Digital smile designing is done so that you get an idea of how your teeth will look after treatment.
Smile designing is a multi-disciplinary approach, but the majority of procedures involve veneers. Although, crowns, dental bridges, implants and teeth whitening can also be a part of this procedure.
For veneers, anesthesia is given, and teeth are trimmed. Impressions are made. Acrylic temporary veneers are cemented.
Porcelain veneers are placed on the teeth. Post-treatment photos are taken. Post-op follow up is done.
Cosmetic Dentistry Prices in Cancun
Cost of some of the procedures which are a part of cosmetic dentistry are as below
By choosing cosmetic restorative dentistry in Cancun – Mexico, people can get great deals on procedures that are usually too expensive in their home country.
The question that is often asked is, “Why is Dental makeover cheaper in Cancun?” The obvious answer is the cost of living and working in Cancun is much less than in the US or Canada.
Dental Makeover Procedures in Cancun
Many treatment options are available to enhance your smile in Cancun, Mexico. The most commonly requested procedures are:
Single, multiple, or full mouth implant systems like All on 4/6/8 are frequently needed in case of missing teeth. The cost of a single implant and abutment in Cancun is approximately $1,500. The price of All on 4/6/8 may range between $7,680 – $13,600. This cost includes surgical placement of implants, all consumables, abutment, and also acrylic denture.
These are paper-thin shells made of porcelain or composite covering your teeth to give you the perfect Hollywood smile. The cost of porcelain veneers in Cancun is $450 as compared to $2,000 per tooth in the USA. The composite veneers, although not recommended due to staining, are also available at much-discounted prices.
Also known by the names of laser whitening and in-office bleach. It is a cosmetic procedure, where the color of discolored teeth is lightened. The cost of Zoom whitening is approximately $350 in Cancun as compared to $900 in the USA. While a take-home bleaching kit costs only $250 in Cancun.
Procedures like enamel shaping for worn out teeth, gum treatment for discolored gums, or high lip line are also part of the smile makeover.
Cancun Cosmetic Specialist Review
Just a few highlights about the dental specialists who can be part of your dental vacation journey in Cancun.
- Dr. Joaquin Berron is a Former Professor and Course Coordinator of the Dental Implant and Esthetic Fellowship Program, Department of Prosthodontics at the Louisiana State University, New Orleans, USA.
- Dr. Irma Gavaldon is a U.S. Board Certified Dentist. She has a Masters Degree in Restorative Dentistry from the University of Michigan, USA.
Dental Makeover Patient Reviews
Dental Vacation in Cancun – Making the Most Out of It
Here are some tips on how to have a hassle-free cosmetic dentistry Cancun trip:
- Tap water in Cancun is generally unsafe for drinking, so make sure you buy purified bottled water at all times.
- Even on gloomy days, you can still get sunburned in Mexico, especially when sunbathing on the beach. Always wear sunscreen and drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
- Tipping is common at main restaurants and hotels. Taxi drivers, however, are given a tip only if they provide outstanding service.
- For any assistance, you can contact the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau and the State Tourism Office. Keep their contact numbers handy.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Cancun
- Chichen Itza is the largest tourism draws near Cancun. It was even named one of the new 7 Wonders of the World.
- Cenotes are underground caverns formed when limestone caves in, leaving a hole in the earth that leads to a pool of turquoise-colored water.
- Xoximilco is a Mexican party that takes place onboard a decorative and colorful Mexican gondola.
- Isla Mujeres, a small island in the Caribbean Sea that is only 7 km long and around 650 meters wide. This is popular for its incredible beaches, fresh seafood, large sea turtle population and spectacular snorkeling and scuba diving.
You name it – cost savings, quality dental work, state-of-the-art dental clinics, and expert and friendly dentists – and you will get it all in Cancun.
No wonder more and more people are choosing cosmetic dentistry in Cancun – Mexico to get that perfect set of teeth to show off.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Cosmetic Dentistry in Cancun, Mexico.