In the late sixties, Los Algodones was merely a dust cloud of a border town with little more to offer than seedy cantinas and brothels. However, this all changed when a visionary doctor came to the town and set up a dental clinic.
He advertised in the United States, and changed the face of Los Algodones forever. Now hordes of US citizens come and get cosmetic dental work in Algodones every day, and save thousands of dollars doing it, too.
Statistics compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reveal that over 48 million US citizens do not have dental insurance.
With such a high number of uninsured people, it’s no wonder that more and more people are considering taking dental tours to Los Algodones in Mexico, instead of pursuing costly treatment in the States. They find that getting things like dental crowns and veneers in Los Algodones is radically cheaper than in their hometowns.
How to Find a Cosmetic Dentist in Algodones, Baja California
It is easy to find a cosmetic dentist in Los Algodones: just cross the border and they will find you, no problem. However, finding a good dentist in Los Algodones should take a bit more work than being herded into a dentist’s office.
- Dentistry is the driving force behind tourism in Los Algodones. The town is full of dentists, which is why you should do your research. It is important that you are able to trust in the one you choose. The more comfortable you feel with your doctor, the more successful your trip will be.
- When comparing clinics for cosmetic dental work in Algodones, look for testimonials from previous patients. They will give you an honest opinion about their experience with a certain dentist. If a clinic does not have or refuses to give you patient testimonials, it is a good idea to move on. Another one will.
- A good Los Algodones border clinic for cosmetic dentistry will house hi-tech equipment in a welcoming, hygienic environment. Make sure you see pictures of the clinic, but don’t base your entire decision on fancy photos. They can be a big help when deciding, but can also be deceiving. Ask clinic staff to describe the equipment they use and the procedures they offer.
- Although smile enhancement prices in Los Algodones are so low that you can save big time, you don’t want cost to be the only deciding factor for your choice of dentist. Do your homework and find one that will give you the highest quality possible.
Going to Algodones for Cosmetic Dentistry? Some Tips
- Although you can cross the border into Mexico without a passport, you will need one to reenter the United States. The laws have changed many times over the past few years and it is highly possible that the border control officers won’t ask you for an ID when you come back, but just to be safe, get a passport. If you don’t have one, make sure to start the application process with ample time—at least two months before your trip.
- While in Mexico for cheap cosmetic dentistry, don’t wear expensive jewelry or clothing that will make you stand out.
- You don’t want to make yourself a target for petty theft or worse.
- There are great pharmacies in Los Algodones where you can find cheap prescription medications, but make sure you have the prescription for any drugs you have on you. You can get into big trouble if you don’t.
- Do not buy, use or possess illegal drugs in Mexico.
- Keep your wits about you and be aware of your surroundings. A little common sense goes a long way.
So if you need to brighten up your smile, but don’t want to shell out a fortune in doing so, a trip to the US-Mexico border for cheap cosmetic dental work in Los Algodones might be just what you need. You could end up saving 60% or more on expensive procedures like dental implants in Algodones.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to receive more information about cosmetic dental work in Los Algodones, Mexico.