If you live in the US, you know how expensive visiting the dentist can be. A 2008 study performed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), found that cost was the main reason Americans avoided going to the dentist.
With affordable options just across the border, you can easily take a dental trip to Mexico and get the treatment you desire.
If you live in Arizona, particularly one of the cities close to the border such as Tuscon, Yuma, or Phoenix, you can easily travel to a Mexican dental clinic just across the border and get help improving your oral health and the appearance of your smile.
Where to go?
Los Algodones, the little town now turning into a dental hub near the border, is the place to go to from Arizona. Being a popular destination for dental tourists, Algodones attracts thousands of patients from the other side of the border each year.
Dentists are aplenty and the prices are very competitive. Those living in the US near Arizona can get dental cleaning, crowns and bridges or one-day dental implants in Los Algodones, and even return home the same day.
Some of the other advantages are:
- You don’t need to travel far to receive care from some of the best dentists near the Arizona border.
- Dental clinics in Los Algodones are within convenient driving distance for those living in Arizona, Texas, and California.
- Mexican dentists near the Arizona border get many foreign patients and are accustomed to treating Americans and Canadians.
- Many of these dental professionals speak English, so you won’t have to worry about trouble communicating.
- With little wait times in comparison to clinics in the US and Canada, it’s easy to make a fast dental tour to Algodones.
- Yuma, AZ border dentists offer various treatments on prices that are only a fraction of those in the US.
About Traveling there
- Don’t be afraid to ask for your dentist’s resume and to talk with them to make sure you’ve found a professional that you’re comfortable with.
- Whether you are going for full-mouth restoration or just getting some dental veneers in Mexico, to ensure you receive the best care, make sure to research your procedure and question the dentist about anything you don’t follow.
- Remember to discuss any follow-up appointments you may need with your dentist in Mexico. Thanks to the proximity of Los Algodones, returning for any follow-ups should be very easy.
- The border crossing from Andrade, California into Los Algodones is open from 6 AM until 10 PM, so plan your trip accordingly.
- A passport and passport card are required for any tourist from the US wishing to cross the Mexico border; have your papers in place to avoid any problem at the border.
- For those worried about driving in Mexico, it is very common for tourists to park in one of the many lots on the US side of the border and just walk into Mexico, from where they can easily get a cab or simply walk to other side.
With the CDC reporting that in 2008 approximately 45 million people in the US did not have dental coverage, finding inexpensive and safe dental care is extremely important for the continued oral health of many people.
Tourists can expect to find fast, convenient care at dental clinics in Los Algodones, Mexico, all at prices way less than those charged by their neighborhood dentists.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Mexican Dentists near Phoenix, Arizona.