Dental Tourism in El Salvador
Getting dental work in the US costs a fortune and drains your savings– especially if you are uninsured. Fortunately, dental tourism in El Salvador is an affordable option.
Video Courtesy: Carlos Ponce
Apart from affordable dental care, choosing El Salvador has multiple benefits.
We have curated this virtual guide that directs you to the cost, best clinic, and dentists in the country.
Why Choose El Salvador for Dental Work?
When traveling to a foreign country for cheaper dental care, there are multiple questions that arise. They are mostly related to quality, technology, travel, etc.
Here are the top 5 reasons to choose El Salvador for your dental treatment:
- Affordable Dental Work | The cost of dental procedures like implants, etc., is around 80% cheaper than in the US & Canada.
- Skilled Dentists | Dentists in El Salvador have 18+ years of experience.
- State-of-the-art Technology | Dental clinics in El Salvador are equipped with the latest 3D CAD/CAM technology.
- Great Vacation Destination | The flora, fauna, and exquisite architecture make it a perfect holiday destination. 
- Easy Connectivity | Inexpensive and short flights from the USA to El Salvador make travel hassle-free.
What Is the Cost of Dental Work in El Salvador?
In El Salvador, dental procedures like crowns and dental implants cost one-third of what one would have to pay in the USA.
Dental implants in El Salvador cost an average of $980, which is about 80% less than in the USA (i.e., $5,000).
Procedures like dental crowns and veneers in El Salvador cost $700 and $480 per tooth, respectively. In contrast, the same in the US cost $2,500 each.
Check out the cost comparison table given below:
Dental Cost in El Salvador vs. US & Canada (in USD)
|Single Titanium Implant||$980||$5,000||$4,600|
|Porcelain fused to Metal Crown||$480||$1,100||$1,020|
|Bone Graft (2 units)||$620||$1,100||$900|
|Tooth extraction (simple)||$100||$300||$270|
|Composite filling one surface||$33||$250||$230|
Americans also frequently ask, “how much do dentures cost in El Salvador?” and “how much do veneers cost in El Salvador?”
To answer these, a complete denture (per jaw) costs $600 compared to $2,000 in the USA, and veneers cost $480 as opposed to $2,500 in the USA–letting you save up to 70% on both.
The quality of dental services in El Salvador is not compromised despite such low costs due to the low cost of living. 
Looking for quality and affordable dental work?Get a free quote!
Best Dentist in El Salvador
El Salvador dentists partnered with us are board-certified and highly experienced.
Also, they can speak fluent English, eradicating any communication barriers. Mentioned below are their profiles:
ExpertisePeriodontics & Implantology
EducationUniversidad Evangélica de El Salvador
- Education: Universidad Evangélica de El Salvador
- Courses: Oral Plastic Surgery, Center of Advanced Dental Education
EducationUniversidad Alberto Masferre
- Association: National Association of Anesthesiology
Best Dental Clinic in El Salvador
Prostho-Implants Dental Associates clinic in San Salvador, El Salvador, has a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals.
- It is also equipped with the latest technology, some of which include:
- Digital panoramic x-ray
- CT scanning equipment
- 3D CAD/CAM
- Autoclave and Dryclave for sterilization
- CEREC; a crown fabrication system that makes tooth-colored crowns in a single visit.
- Also, the clinic’s location is in one of the most accessible and developed areas in the country.
- This makes it easy for tourists to navigate and also resolves any concerns you might have about safety.
Get free consultation from the best dentistsContact us
Dental Procedures in El Salvador
A dental implant replaces tooth roots with metallic screw-like posts.
A dental crown is a cover placed on top of damaged teeth.
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth.
It improves the appearance of stained teeth using bleaching substances.
A thin covering placed over the front part of the tooth to cover chipped, or stained teeth.
It involves removing plaque from teeth to prevent cavities, and gingivitis.
A surgical procedure done to transplant bone to rebuild lost bones.
Removal of a tooth due to reasons like decay, infection, or trauma.
Fillings treat a tooth damaged due to caries.
Dental Tourism in El Salvador: A Travel Guide
Now, El Salvador is not only an excellent option for your dental treatments but also a perfect vacation destination.
Here you can visit beautiful beaches, marvel at the grand architecture, and enjoy the tranquility of nature.
The idea of exploring a new destination can be exciting, but at the same time, planning the entire trip can be an intimidating task.
So to make it easier for you, we have curated this guide to help you travel to the country hassle-free.
Your flight will land in San Salvador at the El Salvador International Airport. Check out the standard flight durations from the central USA and Canadian cities:
From the US
|Houston (IAH)||San Salvador (SAL)||2h 50m (No Stops)|
|Washington D.C.(DCA)||San Salvador(SAL)||4h 25m (No Stops)|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||San Salvador (SAL)||4h 50m (No Stops)|
|Toronto (YYZ)||San Salvador(SAL)||5h 5m (No Stops)|
|Vancouver (YVR)||San Salvador(SAL)||8h 54m (One-Stop)|
|Montreal (YUL)||San Salvador(SAL)||9h 13m (One-Stop)|
Cabs are an easily accessible and safe option for traveling within the country.
- Americans need a tourist card instead of a visa to enter.
- The tourist card is generally issued for 90 days (after 90 days, you will need a visa to stay) and can be purchased for the US $12 at the port of entry.
- Immigration requires that visitors entering the country have their passport and one of the following documents: visa or tourist card.
- The visas are issued by the Consulate of El Salvador (Documents required- passport, visa application form, passport-size photograph, copies of air tickets, and visa processing order form).
*Source- travel.state.gov 
Getting an El Salvador sim card is simple and easy. You can get your sim card at El Salvador International Airport itself. 
There are four primary network operators in the country for you to choose from:
The official language of El Salvador is Spanish.  However, it is specifically called Salvadoran Spanish, as the dialect is an amalgamation of different local languages.
Some standard greetings in Spanish are:
- “Hola” (hello)
- “Buenos Dias” (good morning)
- “Buenas tardes” (good afternoon)
- “Buenas noches” (good evening)
The U.S. dollar is the currency accepted in El Salvador.  Other than cash, you can use your VISA, MasterCard, and American Express cards.
Also, it is the first country in the world to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender. 
The Chain of Volcanoes
The chain of dormant volcanoes Apaneca RangeIzalco, Cerro Verde, and Santa Ana, and the Pacific coast beaches.
Water skiing, surfing, wakeboarding, parasailing, and jet skiing are just some of the fun water sports you can enjoy there.
Cerro Verde National Park
El Boquerón National Park
The wildflower-covered slopes of El Boquerón National Park make a scenic hiking spot. The main attraction at the park is the astonishing large crater.
La Zona Rosa
The trendiest night spot to visit is called La Zona Rosa. Zona Rosa in the San Benito district has some great dining options and you can enjoy shopping during the day.
Lake Coatepeque is a large crater lake surrounded by wooded hills in western El Salvador. There are hot springs near the lake margins.
You’ll find a great variety of fresh seafood to relish in El Salvador.
The best traditional and must try Salvadoran foods are Pupusas (aka The National Dish of El Salvador),  Tamales, Yuca Frita con Chicharron, Pastelitos, Quesadillas and Panes con Pollo.
These typical Salvadoran foods have unique flavors, which makes them so popular.
Do not forget to try delicious Horchata, Arroz Con Leche (a sweet rice pudding), and Tres Leches Cake, a perfect companion for your coffee.
Is El Salvador Safe for Dental Tourists?
In 2019 an average of 2.6 million tourists visited El Salvador.
-World Bank 
As a Tourist
✅You will need to be a vigilant tourist irrespective of what your destination is.
✅To be completely cautious, you can enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.  It will also help locate your whereabouts in case of any emergency.
✅The government of El Salvador has implemented a Security Territorial Control plan. 
It has not only reduced the crime rate significantly but also aims at installing drones, night vision equipment, and video cameras throughout to ensure complete safety.
As a Patient
✅Dentists associated with us have experience of over 10+ years.
✅To ensure a comfortable and safe stay, we will assist you with accommodation, transportation, communication, and tours.
✅The clinic uses Autoclave and Dryclave, to sterilize lab instruments and surgery equipment.
This allows them to comply with international biosecurity standards by the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
Dental Tourism in El Salvador: Reviews
I am convinced that dental implants are the best advancement in the field of dentistry. It has been the best rehabilitation.
José Luis Saca
Prostho-implants dental associates use advanced technology and give utmost importance the biosecurity measurements.
Maria Mercedes de Varela
Choosing El Salvador allows you to save up to 70-80% on your dental work but also gives you the opportunity to enjoy a vacation and create wonderful memories.
Here, you will be able to enjoy the tranquility of nature along with mesmerizing architecture and great food.
If you have any queries about dental tourism in El Salvador, contact us, and we will assist you in restoring a healthy smile.
The average cost of porcelain veneers in El Salvador is $480 as opposed to a whopping $2,500 in the USA.
As you can see, getting veneers in El Salvador allows savings up to 80% on your dental treatment.
The list mentioned below will give you an accurate idea of cost of dental work in El Salvador:
- Single dental implant: SV – $980; US $5,000
- All-on-4 implants: SV – $2,200; US $24,000
- All-on-6 implants: SV – $3,500; US $28,000
- Porcelain Veneers: SV – $480; US $2,500
- Complete denture (per jaw): SV – $600; US $2,000
Some reasons that account for the low cost of dental treatment in El Salvador are:
- Low operational costs: These include direct expenses and minor operational costs, which directly determine the cost of services.
- Low administrative costs: These are overhead expenses. Low overhead and living costs will directly make services cheaper.
The average cost of a complete denture (per jaw) is $600 in contrast to $2,500 in the US.
Such a huge gap in the price will allow you to save up to 70% on your dental treatment.
Ready to visit the mesmerizing beaches?Let's go!