The presence of experienced dentists and state-of-the-art hospitals that provide world-class dental care at very competitive prices are the major reasons behind the expeditious growth of dental tourism in El Salvador. This small Central American country has become a preferred destination for the Americans on the lookout for affordable dental treatments abroad.
Rising healthcare costs have been prompting Americans to venture on dental trips to Mexico, Costa Rica, and El Salvador. As per the study “Medical Tourism – Health Care in the Global Economy” by Horowitz MD and Rosensweig JA, published in the November/December 2007 edition of the Physician Executive, the number of outbound American medical tourists was expected to reach six million in 2010. In the light of the economic downward spiral, these numbers are bound to increase.
Popular Dental Treatments Offered in El Salvador
Growing number of people are opting for various kinds of dental treatments in El Salvador. These treatments include:
- Dental Implants: This remedial dental procedure is done to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or complete set of teeth. Immediate load, all on 4, and all on 6 dental implants in El Salvador are highly popular with the offshore patients.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation: The full mouth rehabilitation procedure involves replacing and restoring teeth and making bite adjustments. Reputable dental clinics in El Salvador offer easy-on-the-pocket full mouth reconstruction.
- Dental Bridges: The dental bridge procedure can be performed using fixed bridges, resin bonded bridges, or cantilever bridges depending on the oral condition of a patient.
Other dental treatments that you can easily find in El Salvador include veneers, bonding, caps, dentures, dental crowns, fillings, root canals, whitening, contouring and reshaping.
Dental Tourism in El Salvador – Advantages
The government of El Salvador has recognized dental tourism as one of the main attractions for a large number of tourists visiting the country and has taken all necessary steps to maintain the quality of dental care in order to meet the requirements of a demanding global clientele.
This means that you can expect to get the standard of dental care similar to that in your home country at the several ultra-modern hospitals and clinics and also enjoy many natural and historical sites while on your dental vacation in El Salvador. Here are the key reasons why you should travel to El Salvador for dental treatments.
- The cost of dental treatments in El Salvador is just a fraction of the charges you have to pay in the USA or Canada.
- Though you have the option of getting easy-on-the-pocket dental implants in India or cosmetic dentistry in Bangkok and other cities of Thailand, you will only end up adding to your travel costs and time. On the contrary, El Salvador is easily accessible from the major cities of the US. It takes just about a two-hour flight to reach San Salvador, the capital of the country, from Miami and a five-hour flight from Los Angeles.
- The currency in use in El Salvador is the US dollar, making travel to the country just about as simple as visiting any another American city for your dental treatment.
- Several dentists in the country have received their medical education in the US.
- As stated earlier, the clinics and hospitals in El Salvador have all the modern dental tools and techniques to carry out simple as well as complex dental procedures.
- In-country traveling is easy. Most of the popular places of El Salvador are just half-an-hour away from the national capital.
- A dental trip to San Salvador gives you a chance to visit the country’s major tourist attractions quickly and comfortably. El Salvador boasts of a well maintained and well connected road network.
Dental Vacation in El Salvador – Popular Sites to Explore
There are several tourist attractions that you can explore while recuperating from your dental work in El Salvador, some of which are as follows:
- Apaneca canopy tour gives a panoramic view of the lush green rainforests surrounding the Apaneca-Ilamatepec volcanic range.
- Mayan Civilization ruins at Joya de Ceren, a World Heritage Site.
- Lake Coatapque located inside an extinct volcano’s crater.
- El Salvador beaches, such as La Libertad and Playa El Sunzal, are known for generating some of the finest surf breaks in Latin America.
- Museums and galleries in San Salvador allow you to experience the rich cultural heritage of the country.
- There are several restaurants and bars across the country where you can enjoy the delicious local cuisine.
Dental tourism in El Salvador provides a cost-effective option for patients who are tired of the preposterous prices of treatments in their home countries.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.