If you’re thinking about taking a dental trip to Los Algodones in Mexico, but are reluctant to drive down, you can consider taking a bus ride to the other side of the border.
There are several advantages of taking the bus:
- You get to relax in the air-conditioned bus while professionals take care of driving
- Reading the sign boards or following traffic rules is always difficult in a foreign country
- You do not have to worry about auto insurance and parking
Besides, it might be a little safer and a lot more fun because you’d have plenty of company.
Options for Buses to Mexico:
Cost: $35 per person
(Credit card is required for booking. If you decided to cancel and want your money refunded, you must inform the company atleast 5 days in advance)
- All passengers will need a passport or passport card
- The bus will drop you off at the border at 10.30 AM, from where you can walk down to the city. It should take only about 5 minutes.
- Everyone is required to be back at the parking lot by 3.00 PM, when the bus leaves.
- Have an appointment fixed in advance with your Algodones dentist, and let them know you need to be back at the border in about 4 hours.
For reservations, call: (800) 669-0355 or (760) 568-140, or find more information here.
Especially 4 U Tours
They have an Algodones day tour, once every month.
Cost: $79, per person
Pickup across the Metro Phoenix area, return ride to the pick-up point, and a beer or margarita (as per your choice)
Meals are not included in the cost but you can grab something to eat when the bus stops for rest at Gila Bend in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States.
Dates of upcoming tours in 2014 are:
- March 21
- April 11
- May 9
For reservations, call: 480-985-4200
For more information on traveling to Los Algodones for dental care, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.