Worried about damaged teeth? You can restore them by choosing high-quality restorative dentistry in Cabo. With dental care becoming a luxury in the US, dentistry in Mexican cities like Cabo is becoming popular.
Video Courtesy: RCI
Los Cabos or Cabo is located on the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula.
It is a fast-growing tourist destination for tourists looking for a fresh and unique hot spot in Mexico. 
Good Weather | Beautiful Landscapes | Bounty of accommodations.
Mexico is expected to be the fastest-growing market for restorative dentistry. 
Cost of Dental Restorations in Cabo
The cost of dental care is beyond the reach of many Americans. With low-cost treatments, Cabo has become a dental tourism destination for them.
To know how cheap dental care is in Cabo, refer to the cost comparison table.
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Titanium Implant (including Abutment)||$5,000||$4,600||$900|
|Zirconium Implant (including Abutment)||$6,000||$5,520||$1,800|
|Bone graft (per unit)||$3,000||$2,700||$200|
|Implant-supported Bridge (3 Crown Bridge)||$15,000||$13,500||$1350|
|Veneers (per tooth)||$2,500||$2,300||$450|
|Root Canal (Molar)||$1,500||$1,300||$250|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$1,500||$1,380||$150|
|Tooth Extraction (Simple)||$300||$270||$60|
|Tooth Extraction (Surgical)||$650||$500||$100|
|Brands – Straumann, Nobel Biocare, Zirconzan|
*Price may change with the complexity of each case
As seen in the table, the cost of dental treatment in Cabo is up to 70% cheaper than the U.S and Canadian prices.
Restorations like a single implant with a crown costs between $7,000 – $8,500 in the US/Canada. While it is below $2,500 in Cabo, even zygomatic implants are as low as $2,500.
You can get an Implant-supported bridge (3-unit bridge) for as little as $1,350 in Cabo instead of $15,000 in the US.
Therefore, the savings are substantial. Even a return trip will cost less than one implant procedure at home. This is why Americans travel to the US for dental work in Cabo.
Correct minor dental issues at minor ratesAvail benefits now!
Why Choose Restorative Dentistry in Cabo San Lucas?
- The cost of dental restorations is almost one-third of the US or Canada’s price. Refer to the cost table.
- Mexico’s low cost of living helps in budget travel. 
- Reputable brands like Straumann, Nobel Biocare & Zirconzan are used for restorations.
- All dental supplies are sourced from the US and Germany.
Advanced Dental Technology
- The clinic uses modern technologies like 3D CBCT X-Ray, CAD/CAM.
- State-of-the-art dental technology provides efficient & accurate results in less time.
- Cabo dentists are internationally trained and accredited.
- They continuously stay up to date with their skills and dental innovations.
- Several US and Canadian airports provide cheap flights to Cabo. 
- Cheap airlines and short flight times ease dental restorations in Cabo.
Top Tourist Destination
- Los Cabos is one of the best destinations to travel to in 2019. 
- Attractions – luxury hotels, world-class spas & the scenic landscape.
Types of Dentistry
You can choose the dentistry type depending on your age and dental concern. The common types of dentistry are shown below:
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a popular branch of dentistry that focuses on repairing and replacing your natural teeth.
The procedures range from fillings, root canals, crowns & bridges, and veneers to implants.
Types of Dental Restorations
- Used for correcting minor dental issues
- The restorative material is directly placed inside the tooth
- Performed in a single office visit
- Preferred in extensively damaged & decayed tooth
- They are fabricated outside the mouth on models made from impressions of the prepared teeth.
- Requires multiple appointments
If you are interested to know more about restorative options in Cabo, check the below procedures:
A cover or “cap” is put over a tooth.
Thin covering over the visible part of the tooth.
Tooth-colored composite resin material bonded to teeth
A piece of metal or other material fill a tooth cavity.
Tooth cavity filled with a fabricated single solid piece.
A fabricated single solid piece covering a cusp of the tooth.
A metallic wire with tiny rubber bands over the teeth.
Custom made ‘invisible aligners’ to realign teeth.
A set of false teeth cemented to natural teeth or implants.
A removable or fixed frame holding one or more false teeth.
A removable or fixed prosthesis replacing an entire arch of missing teeth
A metal post replacing the root portion of a missing tooth.
A surgical procedure to build a jawbone structure.
Procedure of lifting the sinus membrane to insert bone graft.
4 implants in the jawbone placed to retain a full-arch restoration.
6 implants in the jawbone placed to retain a full-arch restoration
6-8 implants in the jawbone for full-arch restoration.
Dental implants anchored to the cheekbone.
Bridges attached to small titanium posts fixed in the jaw.
Removable dentures supported by dental implants.
Removal of a tooth from its socket.
Root Canal Treatment
Cleaning and filling of the canals inside a tooth’s root.
Fillings vs. Inlays/Onlays vs. Dental crowns
- Dental fillings are for small (or medium) sized cavities. They are molded into place in a single visit.
Inlays/Onlays are for deeper cavities.
- Crowns are for more advanced cases of tooth decay or fracture. They cover and replace the entire tooth structure above the gum line.
- Dental crowns & Inlays/Onlays are custom-made in a laboratory.
Traditional Bridge vs. Implant-supported Bridge
- The prosthesis is attached to dental implants in an implant-supported bridge and to natural teeth in a traditional bridge.
- The traditional bridge is a non-surgical & relatively fast treatment. An implant-supported bridge is a surgical procedure with a few months needed for the healing period.
- The traditional bridge requires the alteration of adjacent healthy teeth. This is not needed for the implant-supported bridge.
Traditional Dentures vs. Implant-supported Denture
- Traditional dentures rest on the gums. Sometimes adhesive is needed for retention—dental implants anchor Implant-supported dentures.
- Compared to traditional dentures, the biting force can be stronger with an implant denture.
- Types of traditional dentures – Partial and complete
- Types of implant-supported dentures – Ball-supported and Bar-supported
Full Dentures vs. Partial Dentures
- False teeth/Full dentures are used when all of the teeth in an arch are lost.
- Partial dentures are used when only some of the teeth are missing.
- Full dentures are held in place by suction (and denture adhesive, if needed), while partial dentures have retentive clasps that hook onto natural teeth.
- A conventional denture is usually fabricated 8-12 weeks after removal of the teeth.
- An immediate denture is placed immediately after the removal of the teeth.
- Types of full dentures: Conventional and Immediate dentures
- Types of partial dentures: Fixed and Removable partial dentures
Full Mouth Restorations in Cabo
Full mouth reconstruction, rehabilitation, and restoration are interchangeable terms used to describe the process of rebuilding or simultaneously restoring several teeth in the mouth.
Dentists involved in Full mouth restorations 
- General or restorative dentists – Perform procedures like crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Other dental specialists – Periodontists, oral surgeons, orthodontists & endodontists
Full Mouth Restoration Solutions Available in Cabo
Some of the problems that can be solved by full-mouth restoration include:
- Replacing missing teeth
- Restoring severely worn teeth
- Broken, cracked, or fractured teeth
- Bite problems
Cost of Full Mouth Restorations in Cabo
|Full Mouth Restoration Procedure||Cabo Cost in USD|
Smile Makeover or Full Mouth Reconstruction
When it comes to treating major dental issues, one procedure alone is hardly enough.
Hence, dentists offer two treatment options for healthier mouths and better smiles. These include
✅ Full Mouth Reconstructions
✅ Smile Makeovers
The 2 treatments have similarities, but they are conducted with different objectives.
The Key Similarities are:
- Comprehensive dental treatment plans
- Customized to the unique needs of each patient
- The treatment may take a couple of months to complete
Difference Between Full Mouth Reconstruction & Smile Makeovers
- Full mouth reconstructions are for dental health problems, while Smile Makeovers are for cosmetic needs.
- Full mouth reconstruction is a restorative dentistry procedure. A smile makeover is a cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- Full mouth reconstruction treatments include – Dental fillings, Bridges, Dentures, Implants, etc.
- Smile Makeover treatments – Teeth Whitening, Bonding, Veneers, etc.
The Longevity of Dental Restorations
There are cases of restorations lasting for 30 years or more. Failures in the short term are possible as well.
However, the life of any dental restoration depends on 6 factors: 
- Remaining tooth structure
- The restorative material used
- Clinical technique
- Dentist expertise (How well the restoration is done)
- Wear and tear
- Oral hygiene of the patient
Survival Rate of Dental Restorations
|Restorations||Survival Rate||Survival Period|
|Direct restorations (Fillings)|
|Amalgam (9)||95%||10 years|
|Composite resins (9)||90%||10 years|
|Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (9)||90%||10 years|
|All-ceramic crowns (9)||75 – 80%||10 years|
|Inlays and Onlays (10)||>90%||5 years|
|Dental implants (11)||97%||10 years|
|Porcelain veneers (12)||95.7%||5 years|
|Removable partial dentures (13)||40%||4 years|
|Fixed partial dentures (14)||95.38%||10 years|
|Conventional bridge abutments (15)||72%||10 years|
|Implant-supported single crown (16)||97.2%||5 years|
|Implant-supported cemented prostheses (16)||97.9%||5 years|
|Screw-retained implant-supported prostheses (16)||96.8%||5 years|
|Implant-supported fixed dental prostheses (16)||96.4%||5 years|
|Implant-supported partial fixed bridges (17)||94.1%||2 years|
References:  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  , 
Why Choose a Dental Specialist?
In modern dentistry, you can choose from a variety of innovative dental procedures.
When choosing a dental professional, it is essential to know the difference between
- Dental specialists and
- Dentists who say they “specialize” in a particular procedure
It is an important distinction that could affect the outcome of your dental procedure.
For instance, dental implantation by a dental specialist has proven success rates in the US. It has been observed that 
- Most dental implants first placed by oral and maxillofacial surgeons continue to function at peak performance even after 20 years of service.
- The recipients of those early implants are still happy that they made the right choice.
Different Types of Dentists
The team approach to dentistry can provide you with a comprehensive, convenient, cost-effective, and efficient treatment.
Hence, your general dentist may sometimes refer to a specific type of dental specialist, such as those listed below.
Types of Dentists and What they do
- Also called “The Tooth root doctor”
- Treat dental pulp diseases
- All types of surgical root procedures
- Also called “The Alignment Dentist”
- Align the jaw & straighten teeth
- Install braces, retainers, aligners, etc.
- Also called “Pediatric Dentist”
- Treat children and special-need patients
- Counseling for children’s habits
- Also called “The Gum Specialist”
- Diagnose & treat various gum issues
- Scaling and root planing procedures, implant placement, and any surgical procedures involving the gums
- Also called “Oral/Orthopedic Facial Surgeon”
- Operate on the mouth and jaw
- Jaw surgery, Temporomandibular (TMD) surgeries, Implants
- Also called “The Restorative Dentist”
- Provide teeth replacement
- Fabricate full mouth restorations
- Also called “The Family Dentist”
- Routine dental work, including fillings, dentures, crowns, bridges, etc.
- Diagnostic, preventive & restorative services
Currently, there are 12 American Dental Association recognized dental specialties in the U.S.  Generally,
- 3 or more years of undergraduate education and 4 years of dental school are required to become a general dentist. 
- Additional post-graduate training is needed to become a dental specialist.
Top Dental Clinic in Cabo, Mexico
DentaVacation partner clinic, Advanced Cabo Dentistry, is located in San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur in Mexico.
Specializing in implantology and cosmetic restorations, the team delivers high-quality, comprehensive dental services to local and international patients.
- Location – 10 miles (20 min drive) from Cabo airport
- State-of-the-art Facilities – Oral scanners, CAD/ CAM technology, In-house lab
- Excellent guarantee terms
- * 10-year warranty for implants
- * 5-year warranty on all restorations except composite veneers
- Safe dentistry – 3 tier sterilization protocol & an autoclave
- Multiple payment options
Click here to know more about our English-speaking dentists in Cabo.
Best Prosthodontist in Cabo, Mexico
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8
EducationTraining in Harvard
- An internationally-renowned German specialist
- Specialist in cosmetic dentistry and implantology
- Managed several top international clinics
- Awarded several honorary titles for lecturing in European universities
Get affordable dental care at Cabo clinicsBook appointment now
Dental Tourism in Cabo
Cabo has transformed into a tourism destination through its 2 main resort towns. 
- Cabo San Lucas – A lively cosmopolitan tourist destination
- San José del Cabo – Relaxed, peaceful, and colonial town
The 2 towns are linked together by a 20-mile ‘tourist corridor.’
Video Courtesy: Cabo VIVO
- Cabo is accessible in a few hours from the US and Canada
- If you want to fly to Cabo, Cabo Airport (SJD) is within a driving distance of 20 mins from our partner clinic
- It takes around 2.30 hours to fly to Cabo from San Diego, Los Angeles, and Houston
- From Canada, it takes around 4.30 – 5.30 hours to reach Cabo
- If you choose land travel, Cabo is accessible by Highway 1 from the U.S. border
- It will take 24 hours from Los Angeles and 21 hours from California to reach Cabo by bus
- Entry requirements – A passport, Mexico tourist card, and visa (for some countries)
- A passport book is compulsory for air travel. A passport card is used only for road travel
- You need a Mexico tourist card (FMM) to travel anywhere in Cabo
- Currency – The Mexican Peso is the official currency, but you can also use US dollars
- Language – Spanish is the main language spoken in Cabo, but local people and dentists are fluent in English.
- Time zone – Cabo operates under the Mountain Standard Time zone. It is 7 hours less than GMT (GMT-7) and 1 hour more than Pacific Standard Time.
- Climate – Subtropical desert climate
- Best Time to Visit – May & June
Restorative Dentistry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Americans and Canadians can save up to 75% on the cost of dental crowns in Cabo compared to that back home.
Full mouth restorations like All-on-4/6/8 dental implants are almost 60% cheaper than in the US.
Yes, the clinic charges a consultation fee of 60 USD if you undergo only a dental evaluation.
You need not pay any consultation fee if you undergo dental work.
Fillings, crowns, dentures, bridges, and implants are the common restorative options in Cabo.
Straumann, Nobel Biocare, and Zirconzan brands are used for dental restorations.
Restorative dentistry may be right for you if you have any of the following dental issues
- Gaps between teeth
- Tooth pain, tooth decay
- Missing teeth, misaligned teeth
- Damaged/cracked or broken teeth
The benefits of restorative dentistry are 
- A long-lasting solution
- Protect natural teeth
- Improve oral health
- Prevent tooth movement
- Improve teeth appearance
- Strengthen the jawbone structure
Yes, Cabo clinic offers multiple specialties under one roof.
They have a Prosthodontist, Periodontist, Implantologist, Orthodontist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, and Oral surgeons.
- A multi-specialty dental practice gives access to the best dentists in one location.
- It allows dental experts to work as a team for excellent patient outcomes
- You can save time and get optimal dental care for your entire family
- General dentists can either be a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery degree) or a DMD (Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry)
- General dentists are primary providers who treat overall dental care needs
- Dental specialists finish a multiple year residency in a specific dental specialty area after completing their DDS/DMD
- Dental specialists have extensive training in their specialty area
- Also, they are better prepared to address unexpected problems and emergencies in addition to treating more complex cases.
The preferred method to provide dental implants is by the combined work of 2 dental specialists 
- Oral Surgeon or Periodontist – The surgical specialist performs dental implant surgery
- Prosthodontist – The restorative dentist designs and fabricates the replacement teeth
- Each specialist focuses on their area of expertise, which ultimately benefits the patient.
Treatment for a broken or chipped tooth depends on the severity of its damage.
If a small piece is chipped, the repair can be done in a single visit. A badly broken tooth may require a lengthy procedure. 
- If a small piece of tooth enamel is chipped, the damage can be repaired by bonding and polishing a resin material.
- If a front tooth requires repair, a bonding procedure will help, using a tooth-colored composite resin.
The main benefits include 
- Implant-supported full bridges or dentures look and function like natural teeth. They are designed to be long-lasting.
- Implant-supported full bridges and dentures are more comfortable and stable than traditional dentures.
- Dental implants integrate with the jaw bone. Hence bone is better preserved in implant-supported full bridges or dentures.
- Traditional dentures can cause resorption of the bone over time.
- In the long term, implants are more aesthetic than traditional dentures.
Yes, you need a passport to enter Cabo and re-enter the US.
With a passport, you have to fill out a travel permit form (FMM) at immigration checkpoints /offices.
Yes, it is safe to go to Cabo right now.
Cabo and the entire state of Baja California Sur have no travel restrictions from US travel advisory. 
However, you must stay safe by following basic safety precautions.