Are you experiencing teeth discoloration? Worry not, as it is a common concern! Read below to learn how to avoid the yellowing of teeth.
Yellow Teeth Making You Conscious?
Causes of Yellow Teeth in Adults
Discoloration or yellowing of teeth can occur due to the following elements:
A. Environmental Elements
- Foods/Drinks: Tea, coffee, red wine, colas, fruit drinks, candies, berries, & tomato curries.
- Tobacco Smoking: Pigmented compounds in tobacco smoke. 
- Medications: Antibiotics, antipsychotics, and antihypertensive drugs. 
- Grinding: Night grinding exposing the inner yellow layer.
- Trauma: Traumatic injuries leading to decreased blood supply and nerve degeneration.
- Dental Fillings: Amalgam containing mercury imparts darker hue.
- Genetics: Yellowing is due to improper formation of the enamel or dentin during teeth development. 
- Fluorosis: Increased exposure to fluoride during the formation of permanent teeth leads to white or brown spots called fluorosis.
- Diseases: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) causes the yellowing of teeth by eroding them. 
- Age: With aging, enamel thinning occurs, leading to wear off and exposure of a yellow-brown layer.
Source: Listerine 
How to Avoid Getting Yellow Teeth?
Do you relate to any of the above factors? Here are some remedies you can readily incorporate to see the difference. 
- Regular and effective brushing: Brush twice daily using the correct technique.
- Flossing and cleaning: Floss your teeth once daily and get a professional dental cleaning done.
- Dental follow-up every 6 months: Keep a check on the condition of teeth.
Incorporating such practices can avoid permanent teeth damage. Besides, you can also go for dental procedures like:
It helps by making your teeth look a few shades lighter. It is a simple, quick, & effective cosmetic procedure for making teeth sparkly white. 
They are used to improve the appearance of teeth by masking intrinsic discolorations. 
Ease on Some Foods and Beverages
It is impossible to cut down on all food and beverages that stain teeth.
So, you can incorporate more fibers and roughage in your diet to combat their effects.
Consume Vitamin C
Few studies have suggested that the consumption of adequate vitamin C can tighten the periodontal ligaments.
These ligaments hold your teeth and prevent discoloration. 
Foods like carrots, oranges, tomatoes, etc., are good sources of Vitamin C.
With all the above options available, we are certain you will always have a pearly smile.
Keep your teeth clean so that they always shine brighter.
Yellow-brown stains are commonly seen on the outer layer of the teeth.
You can easily eliminate them by getting professional whitening treatment at any dental office.
Under normal physiology, the enamel layer gets thinner with age.
This causes the yellower layer underneath to impart a darker color on the tooth.
Another prime factor is improper oral hygiene.
Save big on your dazzling smile!Get FREE quote