Dental work in Istanbul is a popular choice among many Americans and Europeans. Here, you can get cheaper dental care from top dentists.
Also, you get to holiday in the only city in the world that sits across two continents. Continue reading ahead.
Dental Work in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
The city is widely popular for its importance in the Ottoman empire’s history.
Today, with a rich history and astonishing architecture, Istanbul is a world-famous tourist city. 
Their Ministry of Health (MOH) has a separate entity to oversee the public and private healthcare sectors. It ensures high service standards. 
So, International patients get affordable and high-quality dental care.
Cost of Dental Work in Istanbul, Turkey
Dental work in Istanbul isn’t as expensive as receiving treatment back home. The costs here are significantly low.
To know how much is the price of dental work in Istanbul compared to the UK, see the table below:
Dental Work Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Single Tooth Titanium Implant||$5,000||$3,300||$1,500|
|Tooth Extraction (Simple)||$300||$275||$40|
|Tooth Extraction (Surgical)||$650||$390||$100|
|Laser Teeth Whitening||$1,500||$695||$250|
|Root Canal Treatment||$1,500||$920||$125|
*Prices may vary with the complexity of the case.
The costs in the U.S.A. for an implant ranges between $5,000-$7,000.
The same quality of implant could cost you in just a fraction of this price. A single titanium implant in Istanbul, Turkey only costs 1,500 U.S. dollars.
When comparing the prices to the U.K., you can again notice significant savings.
As seen in the cost table, one can expect to spend anywhere b/w 16,000 to 24,000 USD back home.
While this restoration will only cost you about 1/3rd in Istanbul.
Costs of treatment are sky high in the U.S., U.K. and Canada.
So, International dental patients can expect savings between 50-70% as the prices are approximately same back home.
Seeking dental care at 70% cheaper prices?Avail best deals
Why Get Dental Work in Istanbul with DentaVacation?
- Affordable Dental Work | Save up to 70%
- Latest Technology | State-of-the-art clinic
- Proximal Lodgings | 10-min from Hotel Zone
- Safe Dentistry | Sterilization by Special Autoclave
- Language No Bar | English, Arabic, German, French
- Qualified Dentists | Internationally Accredited Dentists
- Free Shuttle Service | Transports b/w airport/hotel/clinic
- Warranty Backed Treatments | Implants: lifetime; Others: 5yrs.
- Easy Payments | Cash and Credit/Debit Card in USD, EUR, GBP AND TL
Why Dental Work is Istanbul is Cheaper?
There are several reasons why getting Dental Work in Istanbul should prove to be much cheaper to you:
- Low Cost of Living  | Running Costs of Clinics are Cheaper
- No Inflated Third Party Fee | In House-dental lab
- Affordable Travel  | Famous Tourist Place; cheap flights
- No Cost Services | Free shuttle service & first consultation
- Advantage of Currency Exchange  | U.S.D. is stronger than Turkish Lira (TL)
Recommended Dental Clinics in Istanbul, Turkey
We recommend 2 clinics in Istanbul – DentSpa Dental Center and Istanbul Group Dental.
Our recommendation is based on factors such as the clinic’s credentials, cheaper prices of treatment, experience in treating international patients, and English-speaking dentists at the clinic.
- Certifications: ISO 27001:2013, ISO 10002:2018, ISO 45001:2018
- World-class treatment in a comfortable and luxurious environment
- Fully customized and dedicated treatment room and play area for children
- Dentists are PhDs in their respective fields of specialization with extensive experience
- Most of the dentists are internationally accredited and trained
- Lifetime warranty for implants. 10 years on crowns or veneers
- Provide a free-of-cost consultation
- Full-service dental clinic
- Experienced in treating international patients
- State-of-the-art dental equipment
- Experienced team of dentists
- Clinic is International health tourism authorized and ISO Certified
- Free video consultation
- Offers private transportation
- Provide experienced translators
- Provide service warranty and after-care
- Maintains high-level standards and international norms
- Make use of the latest technology and the most up-to-date applications in dentistry
- The clinic can arrange for airport pick-up and drop-off services for their patients.
- Melan clinic offers top-quality treatments in Istanbul, Turkey.
Recommended Dentists in Istanbul, Turkey
ExpertiseImplants, All on 4/6/8, Oral Surgery
EducationIstanbul Medipol University Faculty of Dentistry
- Experienced in Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology
- Attended various seminars and courses on oral surgery
- Member of TDB, EACMFS, TAOMS
EducationDicle University Faculty of Dentistry
- Qualified in digital dentistry
- Attended Bio Horizons implant training seminars
- Member of International TDB Congresses
ExpertiseDental implants, gum problems
- Participated in International Congresses Education
- Gave training related to Periodontology
- Presented many research papers and publications
- Member of International Team of Implantology and Turkish Dental Association
EducationBezmialem University, Faculty of Dentistry
- Highly skilled in orthodontics
- Experience in working with aligners and braces
- Member of Turkish Orthodontic Society
- Member of the Turkish Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member of the Turkish Dental Association
- Member of the Turkish Orthodontic Society
ExpertiseDental crowns, veneers
EducationHacettepe University Faculty of Dentistry
- Attended many courses and trainings on dental implants
- Trained CAD/CAM user
- Member of TDB, İDO, EDAD, OSSEDER
EducationKocaeli University Faculty Of Dentistry
- Attended many congresses and courses
- Member of the Istanbul Chamber of Dentists
EducationYeditepe University Faculty of Dentistry
- Member of the Aesthetic Dentistry Academy
- Received training in Smile Design, Implantology and Advanced Surgery
You're in safe hands of our certified dentists!Book free appointment
Patient Reviews on Dental work in Istanbul
Patient reviews are a testimony to the excellent dental work provided in Istanbul.
While our partner clinic has 5 star google ratings, we suggest you hear it from the past patients themselves:
Dental Veneers in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Dental Veneers in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Dental Implants in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Dental Crowns in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Dental Work in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Zirconia Crowns in Istanbul: Patient Testimonial
Dental Tourism in Istanbul, Turkey
When visiting Istanbul for dental work, do explore the city. We have listed some locations for you to check out:
Istanbul’s most cherished landmark. This building has been a church, a museum, and a Mosque.  It was recently converted back into a mosque again.
Topkapi Palace Museum
This Fifteenth-century structure was the seat of the Ottoman empire. It has luxurious courtyards lined with intricate hand-painted tile work.
You can wander in the gardens sandwiched between the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sofya, when the call to prayer echoes out from the Blue Mosque’s minaret.
It is often regarded as an underground Palace. If you’re looking for a mystery, then this is your place to go. 
Massive covered market. It is acclaimed as one of the world’s oldest and largest markets. 
How to Reach Istanbul, Turkey
The major airport in Istanbul is the Istanbul Airport [IATA Code: IST]. You can reach here in just a few hours from major cities of the world:
Flight Duration to Istanbul, Turkey
|City [IATA Code]||Flight Duration (Hours)||City [IATA Code]||Flight Duration (Hours)|
|Dubai [DXB]||05:05||Paris [CDG]||03:30|
|Moscow [SVO]||03:40||Tehran [IKA]||03:20|
|London [LHR]||03:50||New York [JFK]||09:40|
|Berlin [BER]||02:55||Munich [MUC]||02:40|
Travel Tips for Istanbul, Turkey
- Travel to Istanbul with a valid travel insurance policy.
- Remove your shoes outside the door when entering a house or a mosque.
- Maintain silence while inside a mosque.
- Dress modestly to avoid a deny for entry at some places of interest.
- Though English is not a problem, Google translate can come handy.
- Alcohol prices are high as the government has put a heavy tax on alcohol. 
- To Smoke, you should use the designated outdoor smoking areas.
- While in Istanbul, Turkish coffee and Turkish wine are a must try.
- Tap water may not be safe to drink but is safe enough for brushing teeth.
- You can contact on 0 850 288 38 38, which is the International Patient Support Unit (UHDB) Translation and Call Center.  It is available 24/7 in German, Arabic, English, Russian, Persian, and French languages. This should facilitate easy access to health services for health tourism and the health of tourists.
- As with any high-traffic tourist places, tourist scams happen. You must pay more attention to your surroundings when you are at any tourist site.
- In case of emergency, keep these numbers handy: Ambulance: 112; Police: 155; Fire: 110; Tourism Police: (0212) 5274503
- If you are an American citizen and concerned about the possibility of terrorism or political unrest while you are in Turkey, you can enroll in the State Department’s STEP Program.  By doing this, you are letting the US government know about your travel plans. You may receive an email from the Department to make you aware if things are not right on the ground.
- If you are a Canadian, you too have a similar program. 
Fun Facts about Istanbul, Turkey
- It is acclaimed to be world’s most gorgeous and mysterious city. 
- Owing to its size and central location between Europe and Asia, it extends into both the continents. It is the only city in the whole world to be on more than one continent. 
- Istanbul’s geographical significance lies in its long history that spans the world’s most famous empires’ rise and fall. 
- The city is also among the world’s most congested cities.  Though both the Metro and the Tram systems are efficient and cheap, you need to be careful while getting in because locals try to board before passengers have alighted.
While dental work abroad is cheaper, it is essential to select your clinic wisely. With lower costs, the quality must not be compromised.
This is where we help you. Our hand-picked clinics are internationally accredited and provide high-quality treatment.
Get in touch with us for queries and to claim a free quote.
Dental Work in Istanbul FAQs
Teeth in Istanbul will cost you up to 70% less than cost back in the States.
Here simple procedures such as tooth extraction will cost you as low as 40 USD, and a full mouth restoration with all-on-4 implants will cost approximately 10,000 USD.
Yes, Turkey’s dental treatment will cost you 50-70% less than the US or UK price.
While the treatments are affordable due to many factors such as lower cost of living, dentistry quality is not compromised.
Teeth implants can cost as low as 1,500 USD for a single titanium implant.
Even the all-on-4 implant system costs only $5,150. One can expect a full-mouth restoration under 15,000 US dollars.
It takes about a week to fix implants in the first visit.
Since the implant replaces the tooth root, it is allowed time to fuse with the bone. This duration is called the healing period.
It takes three to six months for implant wounds to heal. Once healed, the patient needs to visit Istanbul for the second time.
Artificial teeth/ permanent restoration will be then fixed over.
Once back home, we want you to keep in touch with us. Case Managers at DentaVacation will help to address your concern.
We will assess the situation and deal with it appropriately.
No! The dentist will use an effective local anesthetic. You will not have any discomfort.
If you undergo tooth extraction or dental implant treatment, then you will be provided with analgesics.
Yes! Even the smaller food stalls on the streets generally practice a good standard of hygiene.
Not many tourists report problems related to unsafe food in the city.
However, you need to practice common sense in that eat at an establishment, only if it looks clean and busy.
Yes, there are plenty of ATM machines all over Istanbul. If you have a credit or debit card, you will not have much problems accessing money.
Yes. Around 5-10% tip is expected at the restaurants. 
However, if the bill reads ‘servis dahil’, it means that the service charge is already added to the bill.
Hammam (Turkish bath) attendants may expect a little higher – up to 25%, but tipping taxi drivers or barmen is not typical here.
May and June are the spring season, which is neither too hot nor too cold. This may be a good time to visit.
If you want to avoid crowds, then winter is the best. It is never too cold, however.
One should keep up with regular vaccinations whenever traveling abroad.
Also, if your stay is going to be longer, then the typhoid vaccine is recommended.