Are you worried about the expensive costs of dental implants in your home country? Dental implants in Sofia offers budget-friendly, high-quality treatment from certified dentists.
Implant Procedure Video
Getting dental implants in Germany, the UK, or Italy is expensive. Whereas our partner clinics in the Bulgarian capital city, Sofia, is a good option.
Cost of Dental Implants in Sofia
Our partner clinics in Sofia specializes in implantology. If you wonder what’s the average cost of one tooth implant, then the below comparison table will help you get an idea.
Dental Implants Avg. Cost Comparison (USD)
|Porcelain Implants Crowns|
|Porcelain E-Max Crown|
*Price may change with the complexity of a case
Titanium Dental Implants cost b/w $1,962 – $2,355 in the UK. These costs may differ with treatment complexity, and the material/brand used. In Sofia, the cost of the same dental treatment ranges b/w $600 – $1,400.
Even when compared with the USA and Germany, you can save up to 70% on dental implants in Sofia. That too for brands like Nobel, Osstem, and Straumann for implants. Also, a range of crowns that include E-max and Zirconia.
Please Note: Bulgaria Dent charges a consultation fee of USD 60. This gets adjusted in the final bill if you undergo any treatment with the clinic. For Alldental, the consultation is free.
Top 5 Reasons to get Implants in Sofia
- Internationally recognized brands cost up to 70% cheaper in Sofia.
- Sofia is one of the cheapest cities in Europe.USA Today Is Europe’s most affordable capital worth the trip? “SOFIA, Bulgaria—Europe’s most affordable capital—The city ranks tops on several travel affordability indexes, including TripAdvisor’s TripIndex Cities 2013, which tallied daily expenses at $158.42” View in Article Your overall expense in the city will be more affordable.
- Our partner clinics in Sofia uses class B Autoclave sterilization for safe dental implantation.
- The safety index of the capital city of Bulgaria, Sofia, is 73%. Violent crimes do not exist in the city.Travel Safe – Abroad How Safe Is Sofia for Travel? “Safety Index: 73% The very interesting fact is that violent crime practically does not exist in Sofia. Some petty crimes like theft and pick-pocketing happen, but still, according to its ranking, the city is considered a very safe one.” View in Article
3. High-Quality Dentistry
- Internationally accredited physicians work in our partner clinics.
- Our partner clinics (Bulgaria Dent & Alldental Clinic) have a 4.8 & 5 star Google Rating by old patients.
- Bulgaria is one of the leading choices for dental tourists.IMTJ WHAT DRIVES MEDICAL TOURISM “The report assesses data from 60 countries to pinpoint which countries offer the best combination of the factors that drive medical tourism — Bulgaria is in seventh position, score highly due to low cost” View in Article
- Low-cost medical expertise is one of the main factors for the growing recognition.
5. English-Speaking Staff
- English is the second most popular foreign language spoken in Bulgaria.World Atlas Languages Spoken In Bulgaria “A number of foreign languages are spoken in Bulgaria — English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria. Italian and Spanish and French are the other popular foreign languages spoken in the country.” View in Article
- The staff at our partner clinic understands English. Therefore you can easily communicate your dental problems to them.
Best Dental Clinics in Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulgaria Dent (4.8 star Google Rating)
It is one of the modern dental clinics with Internationally accredited Implantologists. The dentists are trained and certified by:
- The European Implant Association
- The European Esthetic Dentistry
Bulgaria Dent is your one-stop solution for any dental implant procedure. It uses state-of-the-art technologies like:
- Implantological motor and piezosurgery unit: W&H (Austrian)
- Dental microscope: Global Surgical (American)
- Optical magnification: Carl Zeiss (German)
- Endomotors and applexers: Morita (Japanese)
- Swiss tartar and polishing machine: BIOLASE (American)
For sterilization, the clinic uses Class B Autoclave, which is approved by European standards.
Best Dentists in Sofia, Bulgaria
Dr. Leonid Nikolaev
Specialized in: Implantology and Aesthetic Restorations.
Dr. Tanya Atanasova
Specialized in: Oral surgeon from the MMA.
Alldental Clinic (5 star Google Rating)
It is another well-known dental implant clinic in Sofia. The physicians in the clinic are internationally approved. They are:
- Associated with “Member of the Bulgarian Dental Association.”
- A Member of the “International Team for Implantology.”
- Related to the “Bulgarian Association for Oral Implantology.”
Alldental clinic has an in-house dental lab, which reduces your total chair time.
Best Dentists in Sofia, Bulgaria
Dr. Ivan Kostadinov
Experience: 5 Years
He is a specialist in:
- Prosthetic & Aesthetic Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry, and Oral Surgery.
- Dental Hygiene & Prevention
Dr. Ventsislav Gyokov
Experience: 5 Years
He is a specialist in:
- Aesthetic Dentistry & Oral Surgery
- Dental Hygiene and Prevention
- Endodontist & Prosthetics
What is a Dental Implant?
It is considered a replacement for a missing tooth. They are a screw-like structure (diameter of 1.8 mm to 7 mm)NCBI Dental Mini-Implants “Osseointegration has become the focus of modern implantology, leading to the introduction and refinement of the osseointegrated root form implant — implants vary in diameter from 1.8 mm to 7 mm.” View in Article, placed into the jawbone. It is then allowed to fuse with the bone over a period of a few months.
The dental implant acts as a substitute for the root of a lost tooth. The process of fusing the dental implant and the jawbone is called “osseointegration.”
Dental implants are generally made of titanium. This material allows them to merge with bone without being recognized as a foreign object in your body.
A dental implant consists of three parts:
- The Implant: It is a screw-like structure that is placed into the jawbone. It gives a strong base that supports the tooth.
- The Crown: It is also known as a dental cap. It encircles the screw and looks exactly like your original teeth. It is usually made up of gold, titanium, and zirconia.
- The Abutment: It is made up of porcelain, gold, or titanium. It connects the implant and the crown.
10 Advantages of Dental Implants
- Trusted technique with a success rate of 98%NCBI Dental Implants “Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.” View in Article
- Functions like your natural teethCollege Of Dentistry 5 Reasons Why Dental Implants Are So Popular “Dental implants are designed to look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. In addition, implants give patients the confidence to smile, eat, and engage in social activities without worrying about how they look or if their dentures will fall out.” View in Article
- It replaces your tooth root and the bone is preserved betterAmerican Academy of Periodontology Single Tooth Dental Implants “A dental implant will replace your tooth root, the bone is better preserved. With a bridge, some of the bone that previously surrounded the tooth begins to resorb (deteriorate). Dental implants integrate with your jawbone, helping to keep the bone healthy and intact.” View in Article
- Jaw bone does not decrease due to implantsAmerican Academy of Implant Dentistry Who Can Benefit “Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to health issues such as jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.” View in Article
- Grinding of adjacent teeth is not requiredThe News 5 reasons dental implants will make you smile “Dental Implants protect facial bone and healthy teeth — Another advantage is that they don’t require grinding down adjacent teeth as is required to anchor bridges or attach partial dentures.” View in Article
- Chewing performance increasesMedical News Today What to know about dental implants “Implants have several advantages overdentures, which are removable artificial teeth. Implants: improve chewing function” View in Article
- Lower risk of cavities in adjacent teethMedical News Today What to know about dental implants “Implants have several advantages overdentures, which are removable artificial teeth. Implants: lead to a lower risk of cavities developing in nearby teeth” View in Article
- Dental Implants improves your self-esteemWebMD Dental Implants “There are many advantages to dental implants, including Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.” View in Article
- Implants are strong and last for a long timeWebMD Dental Implants “There are many advantages to dental implants, including Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.” View in Article
- No embarrassing moments of slipping denturesWebMD Dental Implants “Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.” View in Article
Dental Implant Techniques
Depending on the health of your jawbone, your dentist will suggest the perfect dental implant treatment as per your need. The options may include:
|Regular Dental Implant|
Depending on the number of implants used for one jaw, these may be called all-on-4 or all-on-6/8. These systems are designed to restore your upper or lower set of teeth. It is usually performed on toothless patients.
Planning a Dental Implant Trip to Sofia
-Easy, Step by Step Guide to Implants in Sofia
Step 1: Research
The first step should be researching dental clinics in Sofia. There are many pros and cons to having dental work abroad.
You would have heard negative reviews of many people who sought dental treatment abroad. The primary reason for this could be not choosing the correct Clinic.
We understand you must be having several questions and doubts about dental implants in Sofia. You must be wondering:
- How much do dental implants cost in Bulgaria?
- Is Sofia, Bulgaria safe for dental work?
- Is dental implant painful?
- Are the dentists in Bulgaria well qualified for Implant treatment?
We know these questions are essential for you to plan your dental implants in Sofia properly. To make your task easy, we researched clinics that answer these questions to the best and listed them for you.
Please Note: Our partner clinics (Bulgaria Dent & Alldental Clinic) are renowned dental clinics in Sofia with a 4.8 star and 5 star Google rating.
Getting an appointment here for dental implants is easy and flexible. We can help you to choose an implantologist as per your dental condition. Contact us for a free quote.
Step 2: Duration
Wondering how many days you require to stay in Sofia for your treatment? Well here is a treatment duration table that can help you.
|Titanium Implant||1-7 days|
|Mini Dental Implant||1-7 days|
|All-on-4 Dental Implants||≈5 days|
|All-on-6 Dental Implants||≈5 days|
|All-on-8 Dental Implants||≈5 days|
By now, you must have got a rough idea about the number of days you need for dental implants in Sofia. So the next step should be how to reach Sofia from your home location.
Step 3: How to Reach
Sofia International Airport [SOF] receives international flights from various destinations.
Bulgaria Air is the dominant airline carrier that connects several European destinations. It takes approximately 2- 8 hours to reach Sofia.
Step 4: Finalizing Your Stay in Sofia
There are many options to stay. You will find many hotels in the center of the city. The best part is, the hotels are within reach of our partner clinics.
Please Note: All dental clinic offers free airport pick-up and drop-off facilities for their patients. You can avail of their services.
You shouldn’t miss out on eating Bulgarian yogurt, which is a trademark of the country. The yogurt is very creamy and contains a bacteria called Bulgaricus, which has immense health benefits.NYK Daily Benefits Of Eating Bulgarian Yogurt “Bulgarians are known to live long and healthy lives with a number of people aged a hundred years or older. The reason for this? The Bulgarians claim that it’s the working magic of their yogurt!” View in Article
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Your dentist in Sofia will be the best person to guide you about the type of dental implants you need. DentaVacation can help you in planning your trip for dental work in Sofia. Contact us for a free quote.