Dental implants in Hanoi can get you a permanent solution for your missing teeth. Other than just replacing missing teeth, it can prove to be super gentle on your pockets too.
Video Courtesy: Explore Hanoi
You will be happy to find good quality dental care in Hanoi, which is an ancient city that has plenty of things to do and see. It is a city where you can travel with your family.
Recent years have seen the rapid modernization of Hanoi, but the locals have kept their old traditions intact.Asia Travel Links Vietnam “Despite rapid modernisation in Vietnam’s urban centres of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh, time-honoured traditions remain intact amongst the locals.” View in Article There is enough in the city to satisfy a tourist seeking dental implant treatment.
Cost of Dental Implants in Hanoi
Fixing a dental implant is a very expensive treatment in developed countries. However, in Hanoi, it costs just one-half or one-third of what you would need to pay in your country.
To find how cheap is the cost in Hanoi, refer to the cost comparison table below. The table has compared the costs of different types of dental implants in Hanoi to that in the USA and Australia.
|Dental Implant Type||USA||Australia||Hanoi|
|* Screw only; ^ Screw + Abutment + Crown|
As you can see from the above table, you can save anywhere from 50% to 75% by opting for dental implants in Hanoi.
Why Dental Implants in Hanoi?
- Cost of dental implants of the same brands is 50% to 75% cheaper than USA/ Australia
- The costs of accommodation, food, and beverages are low as compared to first-world countries.International Living Cost of Living in Vietnam ” Vietnam is an inexpensive country to live in. Most items cost less than half of what you would pay in the West… Two people can enjoy a full local-style meal of rice or noodles, meat, vegetables, and a couple of draft beers for less than $5.” View in Article
Quality Services in Dental Clinics
- Dental clinics that cater to international patients are equipped with the latest and advanced technologies. These include as OP300 PANOREX + CONE BEAM or Phot-X IIS.
Rapid Recognition for Dental Tourism
- Thousands of tourists flock to Hanoi for dental treatment. The developed countries have become aware of their dental services industry.Cision PR Newswire Vietnam Dental Services Industry “Presently, approximately 100,000 foreign tourists travel to Vietnam each year as dental tourist thus, providing revenues within a range of USD 150-160 million in tourism.” View in Article
- It is convenient to reach Hanoi via direct flights from most cities in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Vietnamese is the primary language spoken in Hanoi. However, English is too spoken by the dental staff and those in the medical and dental tourism industry.Expat Arrivals Private Hospitals in Vietnam ” Doctors and medical staff at private hospitals in Vietnam often speak English and/or French, which makes life easier for expats.” View in Article
Recommended Clinics in Hanoi
Australian Dental Clinic
Australian Dental Clinic has been in service for its local and international patients since 2006. It is located right in the heart of Hanoi city, and just at a five-minute walking distance from the famous Hoan Kiem Lake.
Dentists working here are members of:
The lead dentist, Dr. Pham Duy Quang, is an expert in Implant Surgery and Cosmetic Dentistry. Dental patients have happily given a 4.8-star rating for the clinic on google reviews.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a set of artificial teeth in your mouth that look and feel like your real and natural teeth. A typical dental implant consists of three parts:
Screw: Provides a strong base for supporting the artificial tooth or teeth.
Crown: Commonly called dental cap, a crown is a cap that completely encircles the screw.
Abutment: The connector between the screw and the crown.
In cases where there is insufficient width and depth of the jaw bone, dentists perform techniques, such as bone grafting or sinus lift. It helps in rebuilding the jawbone and providing a strong foundation for supporting implants.
|Grinding adjacent tooth structure is not required.AAID The Advantages ” Also, dental implants don’t require grinding down adjacent teeth to anchor bridges or attach partial dentures.” View in Article|
|Chewing performance is better, even for hard foods.|
|Jawbone does not recede due to implant insertion.AAID The Advantages ” Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.” View in Article|
|Maintenance not required, as it is with dentures.|
|A long-term solution to tooth loss.|
Dental Material Used for Implants
|Titanium Implant||Zirconium Implant|
|Lightweight||Metal-free crystal material|
|Non-corrosive||Retains less plaque, thus healthy for gum tissue|
|Compatible with the oral tissues||Compatible with the oral tissues|
|Traditionally used as a dental implant material||Preferred for the replacement of anterior teeth|
|Less costly||More Costly|
Types of Dental Implants
The type of dental implant your dentist proposes depends largely upon:
- Number of teeth that need replacement
- Condition of gums and jawbone
All-on-4® Dental Implants
The All-on-4® treatment concept is patented by Nobel Biocare.Nobel Biocare All-on-4® treatment concept ” Since then hundreds of thousands of patients have been treated with this concept using Nobel Biocare implants.The All-on-4® treatment concept is the best solution for full-arch treatment using tilted implants. But only when Nobel Biocare products are combined.” View in Article This type involves inserting four implants in either of the jaws – two upright and two tilted at 45 degrees. Using this technique, one gets a stable denture with minimum implants.
|Ideal for full-mouth restorations|
|Minimally invasive since only four implants are inserted|
|Avoid additional procedures, such as bone grafting/ sinus lift|
|Better patient satisfaction and high recommendation|
All-on-6/8 Dental Implants
This type involves restoration of the full arch on either six or eight erect implants. Six or eight dental implants are needed to be erected when the patient has lost a significant number of teeth in either jaw.
|Replacement of all missing teeth in an arch on only 6/8 implants|
|Cost-effective, since full-mouth replacement on 6/8 implants|
|Avoids additional procedures, such as bone grafting/ sinus lift|
|Stable and long term alternative to traditional dentures|
Zygomatic Dental Implants
Zygomatic implants are meant for patients who have a receded upper jawbone. The receded jawbone is what makes it difficult for the patient to have conventional implants. Zygomatic implants are only used in the upper arch. The implants are not placed in the jawbone, but in the zygomatic bone, i.e. the cheekbone.
|Best when conventional implants cannot be placed|
|Avoids bone grafting and sinus lift, thus minimizing cost|
|Performed when procedures, such as sinus lift or bone graft, have failed|
A hybrid denture is implant-supported. It need not be removed from the mouth for cleaning or brushing. It is a newer alternative to the traditional denture and combines traditional denture with dental implants.
|No need for messy adhesives to keep dentures in place|
|Soaking overnight in denture solution is not required|
|No need to remove before sleeping as in case of traditional dentures|
Mini Dental Implants
Dental implants that are smaller or narrower in diameter are called mini implants. They are of the size of a tooth-pick and are primarily used in the anterior region of the lower jaw.
|Comfortable to place|
|Avoid additional procedures, such as bone grafting/ sinus lift|
When is Mini Implant preferred over the Traditional Dental Implant?
- In medically compromised patients, in whom traditional surgical implant procedures or bone grafting/ ridge augmentation cannot be done.
- In patients who cannot afford the traditional implants.NCBI Dental, Mini-Implants ” Access-to-care issues, especially among economically disadvantaged patients and patients indicated for maxillofacial prostheses. Medically compromised patients who may not be candidates for traditional surgical procedures or ridge augmentation procedures.” View in Article
- When a patient cannot visit the clinic twice and wants full implants in just one visit.Colgate Mini-Implant Options ” Dentists can usually install mini implants in only one visit using local anesthesia and without any sutures.” View in Article
Ideal vs. Poor Candidate for Dental Implants
|Criteria||Ideal Candidate||Poor Candidate|
|Overall Health||Healthy individual||Poor overall general health|
|Age||Adult patients with fully developed jawbones||A young kid with jawbones not fully developed|
|Gum health||Has healthy gums||Poor gum/ periodontal health|
|Jaw bone||Has enough jawbone to support the implant||Receded jawbone due to missing tooth for a long time|
|Habits||Non-smoker||Smoker; Drug or alcohol addict|
|Oral hygiene||Maintains oral hygiene by twice daily brushing||Does not maintain oral hygiene|
|Clinic Visits||Does regular implant health checks in dental clinic||Misses periodic dental visits|
|Radiotherapy||No previous radiation treatment of the mouth||Previously undergone radiation therapy of the mouth for cancer|
Am I the Right Patient for Implants?
- Below is a set of five questions. If you agree to most of these, then you likely need the treatment!
- Are you having at least one or quite a few missing teeth?
- Do you use dentures, but not satisfied with it?
- Does your denture not allow you to speak and chew with confidence?
- Are you looking for a permanent and long-term solution for your missing teeth?
- Do you have a previously fixed bridge that you think needs replacement with a better solution?
- While Hanoi being the capital city, is not as conservative as the rest of Vietnam.World Nomads Things you should do in Vietnam ” Vietnam is a conservative country, so it’s important to dress conservatively while traveling around the country. The dress code is a little more relaxed in major cities, but don’t wear short-shorts, low-cut tops or revealing dresses to the local fish market” View in Article Shorts should be fine to wear. However, when visiting religious sites, it is advisable to dress appropriately as a sign of respect.
- You may read the book, “The Beauty of Humanity Movement” by Camilla Gibb, which is about Vietnamese-American woman’s return to her homeland after the Vietnam War. Much of it is set in Hanoi.Penguin Random House The Beauty of Humanity Movement Reader’s Guide ” Maggie Ly is a young and attractive Vietnamese American woman arriving in Hanoi with questions about the past” View in Article
Accommodation & Stay
You may consider the below hotels. These are at just 2 to 12 minutes walking distance from the Australian dental clinic:
- De L’Opera (0.62 miles)
- La Casa (0.49 miles)
- Lan Vien (0.34 miles)
- Camellia Boutique (0.09 miles)
- Advisor Travel Home Stay (0.18 miles)
- You can have sit-down meals for less than 5 USD. A full meal with an imported beer at a Western-style restaurant is not more than 8 to 11 USD.International Living Cost of Living in Vietnam ” Two people can enjoy a full local-style meal of rice or noodles, meat, vegetables, and a couple of draft beers for less than $5. For comparison, ordering one deluxe hamburger, fries, and a bottle of imported beer at a Western-style restaurant will cost between $8 and $11.” View in Article
- Avoid tap water. Carry a bottle of packaged water wherever you go.City pass guide How safe is the water in Vietnam ” How do you get your water? Most likely, you buy it in a store or have it delivered to your house. Apart from Dalat’s spring water, no tap water in Vietnam is considered safe to drink, a condition common in Southeast Asia and developing countries in general.” View in Article
Your dentist in Hanoi will best inform you of the type of dental implants you need. DentaVacation can help you plan to get dental implants in Hanoi. Fill out the request-information form for a free quote!