If you are one of those people concerned about not having a perfect smile – whether it is due to missing teeth, damaged teeth, or crooked ones – a smile makeover in Costa Rica might be what you have been looking for.
Costa Rica dental tourism is booming because it is a wonderful place to go on a holiday, the country has skilled and experienced dental surgeons and advanced dental facilities, all waiting for you at very low prices.
Cost of Cosmetic Dental Work in Costa Rica
The prices of dental cosmetic procedures in Costa Rica might come as a shock for many people, especially those who were only previously exposed to exorbitant prices from dental clinics in the US and Canada.
- Despite the fact that the dental surgeons and clinics are at par with those in the first world countries, the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica are around 50% of what they cost in the US, Canada, or the UK.
- Dental clinics that offer procedures for smile improvement in Costa Rica charge significantly less than their US counterparts for dentist and clinic fees, pre and post-procedure checks and treatments, and for any materials and equipment used in the process.
- Due to their lower cost of living, everything in Costa Rica is a steal compared to US prices – hotel rates, transportation services, and food prices – all the things tourists want to be affordable.
Procedures for Smile Makeover
If in Costa Rica for smile makeover, you may consider any or all of the following procedures:
- Dental implants
- Porcelain crowns or veneers
- Teeth Bridges
- Full mouth restoration
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, about 69% of people whose ages range from 35 to 44 have lost at least a permanent tooth to gum disease, tooth decay, an accident, or by an unsuccessful root canal.
And because procedures that correct lost teeth are very expensive in countries like the US, the need to replace missing teeth is driving more people to travel to other countries that are able to offer these procedures at low prices.
Discounts for Smile Enhancement in Costa Rica
Costa Rica has now amped up their efforts to improve their dental tourism industry. Taking advantage of their lower prices and excellent quality healthcare services, many Costa Rican clinics manage to offer discount packages for smile enhancement in Costa Rica’s major cities.
- Dental clinics have been investing in technologically-advanced facilities and equipment.
- Dental surgeons have been employing staff members who speak fluently in English and other languages in order to accommodate patients from all over the world.
- The same dental surgeons are also continuing to improve their skills by participating in trainings in seminars that can add to their qualifications.
Dental tourists flying to San Jose, Costa Rica from the US spend an average of 5 hours on the plane before they land in one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in Central America. Some of the tourist attractions that are popular for tourists in Costa Rica are:
- The 7,000 year old, 5,437-foot high Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake Reservoir, the country’s largest land-locked body of water.
- Tamarindo Beach, a great spot for surf lovers, golfers, sailors, divers, and health spa fans.
- The Venado caves, estimated to be around 15 million years old, whose tour may include sightings of a waterfall, a river, marine fossils, bats, frogs, spiders, and many other species of animals.
When planning to get a smile makeover in Costa Rica, do not forget to advise the dental tourism agency and the dental clinic about your plans for tourist activities. Aside from possible medical advice from the surgeon about which activities are safe for you to do, they may also be able to give you more information on discounted hotel accommodations, transportation, tour packages and the like.
Submit the Free Request Quote Form on the Right for More Information on Smile Makeover in Costa Rica.