Dental Implants are an expensive option, but given the comfort and convenience they offer, their popularity is rising by the day. Single tooth implants have become routine; now more and more people are opting for implant-supported full bridges and implant-supported dentures as they provide better experience for the patient as compared to conventional dentures.
The flourishing dental tourism industry in Mexico, India, El Salvador, Thailand, Korea, etc., has made it possible for patients to get affordable implant-supported full bridges and implant-supported dentures, and enjoy the convenience of fixed artificial teeth over the conventional removable dentures.
Implant-supported full bridges and implant-supported dentures have significant advantages over the conventional restoration options, which are listed below:
- Patient confidenceBecause of their secure and stable placement, implant supported prosthesis are always better for patient’s confidence. Unlike removable dentures, there is no risk of slip or hindrance while eating or talking, so the patient with implant supported dentures can talk and laugh confidently.
- ComfortComfort is one major advantage of implants. Once in place, they act like natural teeth and the patient may even forget he had ever lost his teeth. Implant supported bridges and dentures are the restoration that comes closest to mimicking the natural teeth in form and function.Removable dentures, which are placed over gum tissues and palate, often cause pain and soreness. Also, since the plastic covers major portion of the palate, the perception of hotness/coldness and natural feel of the mouth is greatly reduced. Implant-supported dentures are the best solution to this issue, as they act like natural teeth and provide quite a natural feel of the patient’s oral tissues.
Better taste and improved eating are also the comforts provided by implant-supported dentures, which are greatly compromised in the conventional restorations.
- Maintenance of oral tissuesFixed partial dentures, or dental bridges, as they are popularly known, are cemented over the remaining natural teeth. Atleast two teeth adjacent to the edentulous region are greatly compromised in bridge placement, as they have to be grinded to make place for the artificial crowns.Once the teeth are lost in any region, the surrounding bone starts to recede away and gradually the jaw bone shrinkage causes major changes in a patient’s facial profile. The placement of removable dentures only hastens the process of jaw bone resorption.
Implant-supported prosthesis help maintain the integrity of natural oral structures as firstly, they are an independent unit and do not require the support of other teeth for placement. And secondly, as the implant screw is placed inside the jaw bone, the bone stimulation is continued and shrinkage is prevented.
- Better appearanceImplant supported bridges and dentures are better fitted and more-natural looking than the other restorations. Esthetics are way superior with implants as compared to conventional dentures; besides, in the long run, they also help prevent jaw shrinkage so the patient’s facial profile is maintained.In the long term, implants are aesthetic, functional and comfortable. Shrunken bone beneath bridges or removable partial/complete dentures can make the patient look unattractive because of his collapsed, unattractive smile.
- CostSince implants are involved, the costs of implant-supported full bridges and implant-supported dentures are bound to be higher than the traditional restoration options. But considering the long term benefits in esthetics, speech and functionality, the cost factor is overshadowed.With the advent of cheaper dental implants procedure in Thailand, India and Mexico, many patients opt for travelling to these nations to satisfy their dental care needs without facing long queues and the entire procedure is faster too. A patient could also check free quotes online to plan his budget accordingly.
Patients beleaguered with the problems of missing teeth can enjoy the advantages of implant-supported prosthesis over conventional dentures without the fear of burning big holes in their pocket. Assistance of a reputed dental tourism service may help you find affordable implant supported dentures, combined with a nice vacation package, all for the price of a conventional denture back home.