Andre: What could be worse than visiting the dentist?
Alisa: Paying his bill.
Many of you, I’m sure, can relate to the above conversation and have been avoiding the dental treatments you need. But have you not heard of dental tourism in Phuket, Thailand?
A dental trip to Phuket can help you save not only a lot of money but also your precious smile. Traveling to a different country for dental treatment may trigger some concerns but if you research well, you can definitely find a clinic that can meet your dental requirements.
Below are some of the reasons why dental tourism in Thailand is booming:
Low-cost dental work
Australians, Americans, Europeans, and even many Asians travel to this South-Asian country in pursuit of dental treatment they cannot afford in their own. Dental work is expensive, but in Thailand, you will find it 50-70 percent cheaper, and that, of course, is the biggest draw.
A tropical holiday
Who wouldn’t like that? Unless it threatens to dent your budget for an entire year, a beach holiday is generally tempting. The low-cost of living in Thailand allows the holiday packages, hotels, resorts, food, and everything else to easily fit in small budgets.
Although English is not commonly spoken in Thailand, the dental surgeons and their staff that regularly attend to foreigners are well-versed with the language.
If the overburdened healthcare system in your country has had you waiting for a long time to get a dentist’s appointment, you’d be relieved to know that dentists in Thailand will not make you wait. Just book an appointment, and get ready to be treated.
Thailand is known to be a tourist-friendly country that attracts people from all parts of the world. And most dental tourists who come here report to have returned impressed with the facilities that are at par with the best in the world, and the people, who are perhaps warmer and more congenial.
It is about time you stop ignoring your dental problems or finding excuses for avoiding those trips to the dentist. Take advantage of dental tourism in Phuket and see how you’d be beaming with confidence, on your return from Asia.
How to plan a Dental Holiday?
Not to brag, but we, at DentaVacation, make it extremely easy for you to plan the perfect dental holiday to Phuket, Thailand.
Here’s how the process goes:
- Fill out the form on the right, providing details on your specific holiday and dental treatment needs
- Wait for our customer care executive to get back to you with the best possible trip options as per the specified requirements
- Choose from among the provided options, and if you have any questions at that stage, feel free to ask when our executive calls
- Ask for assistance on cheap flights and accommodation, so you have an estimate on the total budget of the trip
- Fix your trip when after you are satisfied with the arrangements made, and have all your questions answered
Tourist safety in Phuket
Thailand is popularly known as the “Land of Smiles” for its ever-smiling and very congenial people. Phuket is a safe place to visit but tourists must keep in mind certain basic rules in order to stay safe.
- Avoid venturing out alone, especially in unfamiliar or isolated areas
- Theft is rare, but tourists are advised to keep a close watch on their valuables and avoid carrying too much money
- Do not attract unnecessary attention—avoid flashy jewelry
- Be careful of what you eat from roadside vendors; have only bottled water
- Put your haggling skills to good use when shopping
- At the bars and nightclubs, do not leave your drink unattended. Drink spiking is known to occur
- Make sure your footwear have proper grip, especially during the wet season, when it can get slippery
- Never take your eyes off your drink when in pubs and clubs, drink spiking has been known to occur.
For more information on dental tourism in Phuket, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.