As people become more conscious about their appearance, dental crowns are starting to brand themselves as a necessity and not a mere luxury. Of course, everybody wants that perfect set of teeth for an impeccable smile. And getting dental crowns in Costa Rica offers an easy on the pocket way to achieve it.
- A crown is used to protect and even fix a tooth. It is also called a dental cap because it is placed at the top of the tooth.
- Since crowns are coated on the surface, these help cover discoloration and misshapes of the teeth.
- You don’t have to worry about compromising your appearance upon using crowns. Nowadays, they are available in a variety of aesthetic materials like ceramics and even precious metals like gold.
- You also have an option to use the plain porcelain crowns that blend just right with the natural color of the tooth, so no one can tell that you are using them.
- If you are thinking of getting dental crown teeth restoration in Costa Rica, the first thing that you have to remember is that these are not a solution for you if the root of your tooth is severely damaged.
- If that’s the case, you can opt for other dental procedures such as tooth inlays.
Why Choose Costa Rica for Dental Crowns?
- These are a lot cheaper here compared to the treatment offered in other countries. In fact, the cost of dental caps in Costa Rica may help you save 40%-75% of your money.
- The lower cost of oral treatments has revolutionized dental tourism in Costa Rica. According to the Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), 30,000 medical tourists went to the country for the year 2011 which helped generate a revenue of $60M. The council further states that almost 36% of the overseas patients coming here seek dental work.
- Even the insurance you’ve been paying all these years is not guaranteed to cover your expenses. So why settle for expensive treatments if there are low priced dental crown available?
- It boils down again to the question of money vs. quality. And it is something you don’t have to worry about. The great difference in dental work cost here and in the United States comes from cheaper materials and labor and lower cost of living.
- Competition is also a factor. In order to operate a private dental clinic in Costa Rica, it must be really competitive and affordable enough.
- Quite a few of the dentists in the country have gained their degree from international schools and are hence, sensitive to the needs of the overseas patients.
- Another thing that you may worry about is their language. But the dentists and even the staffs in the leading dental clinics of the country are trained to speak in English. It can be well expected that you will be treated hospitably.
Some Pointers for Dental Tourists
Here are some tips for your trip to get teeth crowns in Costa Rica.
- To avoid conflicts with the immigration, make sure your passport is valid for at least three months.
- It saves a lot of time to research first on your prospective dental clinics. We can help you by giving you a glimpse of some testimonials of the patients who have had their treatment here.
- If you don’t want to get into the hassle of finding hotels and going around the city not knowing where to go, there are some dental clinics that offer airport, hotel, and hospital transfers. You may also hire a guide to make sure you wouldn’t miss a place on your vacation list.
Your Dental Crown Holiday Redefined
After getting your teeth restorations in the country it may help to immerse yourself in the country’s culture and visit some famous attractions. Some must-sees for your treatment-turned-dental vacation are as follows.
- Bring out your adventurous nature by visiting the active Arenal Volcano towering at a height of 5437 feet!
- Prepare your surfing boards for the giant waves of the Tamarindo beach.
- Be relaxed in the midst of rich biodiversity of the Monterverde Cloud Forest.
- If you are looking for more scenic places, visit the La Paz Waterfall garden.
- San Jose itself has a lot of things to offer. Dental clinics in San Jose top the choice of most medical tourists. However, you can take some time out and visit the various museums and parks that dot the city and also be a part of walking tours to get a feel of the pulsating capital city.
Thanks to the availability of relatively affordable dental crowns in Costa Rica, you can live out your dream of having a spruced up smile and also have enough money for your perfect vacation.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Dentavacations