A winsome smile is often synonymous with perfectly aligned pearly white teeth. However, cosmetic dental procedures that aid in getting that perfect smile are quintessentially not pocket friendly, especially in the United States, Canada, and West Europe.
This is when opting for cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica becomes a worthwhile alternative.
Dental treatments in Costa Rica cost only a fraction of the prices charged in the developed countries of the West. With the ever rising costs of dental treatments in the US and Canada, no wonder cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica has become a very popular alternative. Many Americans and Canadians seek low-cost dental implants, bridges, and crowns as a part of oral rehabilitation in Costa Rica.
The medical tourism boom in Costa Rica began in 1987, particularly in the domains of plastic surgery and dentistry. High quality medical treatment coupled with cost-effectiveness is the primary reason why people visit Costa Rica every year for medical reasons alone.
As per The Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), of all the medical tourists who travel to the Central American country, nearly 36% seek dentistry. This is a testimony enough to the popularity of Costa Rica as a dental tourism hub.
Cosmetic Dentistry vs. Traditional Dentistry
- With traditional dentistry, the focus is more on oral hygiene and treatment of dental problems. On the other hand, the goal of cosmetic dentistry is to improve the overall aesthetics of a patient’s teeth and smile.
- There are various cosmetic dentistry treatments available for patients opting for dental work in Costa Rica. Inlays/onlays, composite bonding, teeth whitening, dental veneers, full mouth reconstruction, smile makeover, dental implants, and zirconium dental crowns in Costa Rica are popular with the dental vacationers.
- Dental implants are far better than conventional dentures, which is why they come with a high price-tag. Now, patients can avail of dental implants in Costa Rica without hurting their pockets too much. The high cost of dental treatment should never be a reason to compromise oral health. Patients can also avail of low cost dental implants in Costa Rica to improve their smiles, thereby giving their self-confidence a boost.
Reasons For Popularity of Cosmetic Dentistry in Costa Rica
- Medical tourists are mainly attracted to the low cosmetic dentistry costs in Costa Rica. The price of cosmetic dentistry procedures in Costa Rica is just a fraction of the American prices.
- Though dental treatments are cheap, the quality of dental care in Costa Rica is at par with the American standards.
- Patients can choose to get treated from well-trained and highly experienced Costa Rica dentists, many of whom have received their education from prestigious institutions abroad.
- Many a dental clinic in Costa Rica uses the latest technology, such as 3D imaging, and has state-of-the-art facilities that can compete with those found in the dental facilities in the US, Canada, and other developed countries of the West.
- Costa Rica is in close proximity to the US and Canada, making travel very convenient for potential dental vacationers from these countries. Major airlines in many US cities have regular non-stop flights to Costa Rica. In addition, US and Canadian citizens with passports valid for 6 months do not need a visa when staying in Costa Rica for less than 3 months.
Travel Attractions in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise that medical tourists can explore. During their treatment and recovery from cosmetic dental work in Costa Rica, patients can visit some of the following breathtaking tourist attractions in the country:
- Arenal National Park – This park is set amidst the rainforest where the Arenal Volcano is located. People come here to relax and take a dip in the Tabacon Hot Springs or watch the mini-eruptions illuminating the night sky. Other activities tourists enjoy here are rafting, hiking, and canopy tours.
- Tortuguero National Park – This is the habitat and breeding ground of marine turtles. This park also shelters the endangered West Indian manatee.
- Nosara – This is the place for surfers and beach lovers. A tranquil beach community, Nosara is under the protection of the national park system.
- Puerto Viejo – Medical tourists can indulge a lot of fun activities in this town off the Caribbean Coast. They can go surfing, snorkeling, or diving in the pristine waters. Or they can choose to go horseback riding and mountain biking around the town.
Cost-effective dental treatments, world-class health facilities, high quality dental care, breathtaking scenery, and the friendly people – these are the reasons why many people from North America prefer cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Cosmetic Dentistry in Costa Rica.