A jutting out jaw or a weak chin, improper bites or jaw pain, all can take a toll on your quality of life. However, these problems can be taken care of through jaw correction surgery, alternatively known as orthognathic surgery.
And if the cost of getting treated in your home country is bothering you, then you can look into the option of having corrective jaw surgery in Cancun, Mexico.
Cancun is a beautiful resort city located by the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico famous for its scenic beaches and also value-for-money healthcare offered by a thriving medical tourism industry.
Why Cancun for Orthognathic Surgery?
- Benefit from huge savings
Jaw correction surgery in Cancun will cost you just a fraction of the average American prices. You can look forward to saving almost three-fourth of the prices charged in the USA and Canada by choosing the Mexican city for your orthognathic surgery.
- Reduced travel costs and time
Proximity of Cancun to the USA is an added advantage. This results in significant savings on the travel front too. The Mexican resort city is just a couple of hours’ flight away from Miami, Florida.
- Excellent care
We at Denta Vacation work with one of the leading clinics of the resort city which has been serving the region of Quintana Roo for about 31 years. The clinic is a Medical Tourism Association member. It features certified dental specialists who are members of prestigious organizations such as:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- No wait times and communication barriers
- Wonderful vacationing experience
The Mexican resort city tops the list of the most exciting American Spring Break destinations. The resort city, dotted with pulsating nightclubs, resorts, and pubs, and punctuated with beautiful sandy beaches, offers the perfect combination of tranquility and fun and frolic.
The world-famous Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza are also in proximity. Hence, a jaw surgery trip to the Mexican resort city gives you ample opportunities to indulge in a nice vacation.
A New Yorker’s Take on Cancun
Denta Vacation has helped a large number of people from different parts of the world gain a winsome smile with its discounted dental vacation packages. We constantly strive to improve customer satisfaction by working on their feedback and reviews.
One such customer of ours, John from New York, had this to say about Cancun as a destination for oral treatment in his dental trip review:
“You really can’t find a more peaceful, tranquil place than Cancun …It’s a great place for vacations… It’s reasonable, beautiful weather, very nice…” – John, New York, USA
Overview of Jaw Correction Surgery
- Corrective jaw surgery, or orthognathic surgery, helps correct jaws which do not meet properly or teeth which are not properly aligned with the jaws.
- People with any of the following can benefit from corrective jaw surgery:
- Difficulty while chewing or swallowing
- Bite problems
- Chronic jaw pain
- Protruding or retruding jaw
- Problems in breathing
- Orthognathic surgery is a mix of both jaw surgery and orthodontics.
- You make a candidate for jaw surgery if you are well past the growing stage of the body, i.e. 14-15 years for females and 17-21 years for males.
- Orthodontic braces might be used to correctly set your teeth before the jaw surgery. This might take one to two years.
- During surgery, the surgeon will make cuts in the jawbones to move them into the proper position.
- After correctly aligning the jaws, the surgeon will put screws and plates to hold the bones in the new place.
- In some cases, additional bone may be required to properly align the jaw. Common sites for taking bone are the hips, legs and ribs.
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on orthognathic surgery in Cancun, Mexico.