Teeth implants in India have gained popularity in the recent years, particularly among patients from first world countries. People with financial constraints, tired of dealing with the daily embarrassment of missing teeth are increasingly turning to India for dental implants.
Dental tourism in India accounts for approximately 10% of the medical tourism industry, which is estimated to grow at 30% to $2 billion by 2015.
The cost of the procedure falls to a fraction of that in the west, allowing patients to enjoy a holiday in this exotic country while spending only 30-40% of what they would have otherwise.
Dental Implants are titanium fixtures which are surgically placed in the jaw. Over a period of time, the fixture gets integrated with the bone and then porcelain teeth or bridges can be placed over them. Implants are undoubtedly the best option for people who have lost all or some of their teeth and are seeking to replace them.
Highly competent dentists in India, state of the art infrastructure, latest dental equipment and reduced cost have all contributed to making the country a hub for medical tourists seeking low cost, high quality dental care.
Dental Implant Procedure in India
Patients seeking quality discount dental implants can fill in the form given in the website and will be contacted shortly by representatives, with all the required information.
- Right from ordinary implants to all on 4 dental implants – India offers safe, inexpensive, and convenient alternatives for replacing one or more teeth which may have been lost due to injury, caries or periodontal disease.
- Traveling to the country has been made easy by the number of low cost flights taking off several times in a day from all corners of the world.
- Visa requirements are not stringent and medical tourists are easily granted an extension for any medical procedure.
- Representatives from the agency meet the tourists at the International Airport in Delhi, Mumbai or any other cosmopolitan city and guide them to their hotels if accommodation is included in the package.
- The patients are then taken to the implant dentist in India and all the pre surgical tests are conducted.
- Following the placement of tooth implants in India, the patients may opt to recuperate in luxury resorts or vacation in some of the scenic landscapes in the country.
Conditions Dental Implants can rectify
- Replace teeth (one or more) without affecting the neighboring teeth
- Implants can be used to provide support to a crown & bridge thereby eliminating the need of a removable prosthesis
- Support dentures and increase their stability.
Tooth Implant Problems
Placement of implants is a surgical procedure and may involve certain risks and complications. The main problems with dental implants are mentioned below:
- Long treatment procedure
- Failure of implants
- Difficult maintenance
According to the Academy of General Dentistry’s clinical, peer-reviewed journal, “The success or failure of an implant relies on a number of factors, including the quality of the patient’s overall health.” Without bone grafting dental implants have a success rate of 95% while with it, the success rate drops to 50-60%.
The large number of patients dentists in India treat on a daily basis gives them valuable experience and ensures that the success rates of dental implants in India are high.
Why get Dental Treatment in India?
Dental treatment in India holds a number of attractions for medical tourists from across the world.
- Dentists in India undergo years of intensive training and practice. There are a number of skilled specialists associated to various dental organizations who keep upgrading their knowledge by attending various dental education conferences within the country and abroad.
- Dental implants in India are placed in clinics or hospitals which offer state of the art amenities and dental equipment and high standards of sterilization.
- This quality care which is at par with that seen in the west is light on the pocket as well, a refreshing change for the uninsured and the underinsured in the developing countries. Getting any dental treatment be it root canal, tooth whitening, scaling or tooth implants in India may help you save a lot in treatment costs.
- Indians are extremely warm and friendly and treat the patients with all the respect and empathy they deserve. Patient confidentiality is one of the high priorities of hospitals in India.
- Any dental procedure in India can be coupled with exploring the legacy of this tropical country. India has a rich past and offers tourists a chance to experience its varied heritage. Before and after the procedures, tourists can enjoy its therapeutic spas, meditation, yogic asanas and its delicious cuisine.
Travel Tips for Dental Tourist in India
Dental implants in India are a relatively safe procedure, however to make the entire trip a success, dental tourists must keep in mind the following points:
- Indian currency is the rupee, which may be available in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, and 1000. Tourists must take care to change the money at the airport or in their hotels or any other reputed shop only.
- Tourists visiting the country in the summer months should protect themselves from the heat and keep well hydrated.
- It is advised that foreigners should keep away from political demonstrations in the country as they might sometimes turn violent.
- It is wise to carry some sort of a mosquito repellant while traveling to the country.
The low cost of teeth implants in India, latest technology and dedicated dentists form a huge appeal for people from across the world looking for a more permanent and inexpensive solution to replace their missing teeth.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.