What is Dental Tourism?
Dental tourism, which is also known as dental travel or tooth tourism, can be simply defined as the practice of traveling to foreign countries for dental work . The main motivation behind dental tourism is undergoing dental treatments which are inexpensive, yet of high quality.
- The trend of traveling to dental tourism destinations in search of affordable dentistry is not a recent one since Americans have been visiting tooth tourism hotspots such as Mexico for decades.
- Besides affordable rates of dentistry, the other advantages of tooth tourism are high quality dentistry, quick service, and the opportunity to enjoy a great vacation.
Dental Tourism Destinations in Mexico
- The hottest Mexico dental tourism destinations are the places along the border areas of Arizona, Texas, and California. In fact, dental tourism has flourished in places such as Nogales, Rocky Point, Los Algodones, Tijuana, Juarez, and San Luis, to mention just a few.
- Medical tourists can find the best and most highly qualified dentists in these areas. The best of them have well-equipped dental hospitals and clinics and use the latest technology in their procedures.
- The good news is that American dental tourists do not even have to spend a lot of time on traveling; Mexican dental tourism hotspots are within driving distance from Yuma, Phoenix, San Diego, Tucson, and Los Angeles.
Some of the Popular Dental Treatments
Dental tourists to Mexico can get almost any and every dental procedure they are looking for at affordable costs. The dentists in Mexico specialize in a wide range of teeth procedures such as
- Family dentistry
- Senior dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Root canal therapy
- Dental implants
- Smile makeovers, and many more.
Some of the most sought after cosmetic dental procedures in Mexico are
- Porcelain veneers and crowns
- White fillings
- Teeth whitening
- Dental implants and full mouth restoration
Besides low cost of dental implants in Mexico, medical tourists in Mexico can forget about dental anxiety because Mexico has dentists who have specialized in pain free dentistry, TMJ treatment, metal-free restoration, orthodontics, dental bite balancing, and so on.
The best thing about getting dental work in Mexico is that dental procedures cost just 40 percent to 70 percent of the cost in the US.
The Benefits of Dental Tourism in Mexico
- Tourists seeking dental holidays in Mexico can rest assured that they will receive topnotch dental services simply because Mexico has some of the best dentists in the world.
- Most of them have obtained their primary medical education in Mexico before heading over to the US for specialized training. Mexican dentists trained in the US often conduct training sessions for fellow dentists in Mexico to uphold the name of Mexico as a high quality dentistry destination in the world.
- They can communicate with US clients in flawless English.
- Mexican dental clinics use the same safety techniques and modern equipment that are available at US dental clinics.
- Dental tourists looking for multiple dental procedures or full-mouth reconstructions need not hop from one dental clinic to the other because Mexican dental clinics offer all the services under one roof, making it very convenient and cost effective for their clients.
There are quite a few dental clinics in Mexico that are located within driving or walking distance from the US border. US clients can just drive up to the border, park their cars in their own country, and walk into Mexico to get the desired dental treatment. All they need to cross the US–Mexican border and be a part of dental tourism Mexico is a citizenship proof and a US driving license; a passport is not required.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.