Seoul, South Korea is a popular medical tourism destination that attracts individuals from all around the world. Seoul offers medical settings that are similar to those found in the more developed countries, but the costs of treatment are far lower. Dentistry is one popular field among the medical tourists to Korea, as one can get low cost teeth implants in Korea. Dental implants in Seoul, Korea can be a good option for those considering a dental-value-trip to a foreign land.
Individuals considering traveling to South Korea for the dental implant procedure should focus on learning about the cost of dental implants in Seoul, Korea as well as the medical standards that the country maintains.
Dental Implant Procedure Overview
The dental implant procedure is used as a method of replacing missing teeth that can better allow patients to eat, speak, and maintain a more polished appearance. Their insertion is an extensive procedure, which makes it more costly in the United States and the West European countries. However dental implants in Mexico, Korea or India are not very expensive and a patient could save up to 30 to 50% on the treatment.
What Are Dental Implants and How Well Do They Work?
- A dental implant is designed to replace the missing root of a tooth.
- It has a titanium screw which allows it to fuse right to the bone so that a replacement tooth can be attached.
- Dental implants are considered permanent. The replacement tooth may need replacing, but the implant itself should last long-term.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
In a comparison of dental implants vs regular dentures, implants are superior. Individuals who are missing teeth can benefit from having dental implants installed in a number of different ways.
- Having a full set of teeth, thanks to the use of dental implants, can ensure that individuals are able to eat properly and display a nice smile. Missing teeth can also impact someone’s ability to speak, so the dental implant procedure helps improve speech.
- When there is no tooth root in the jaw bone, it is possible for it to shrink, which can cause even larger physical problems for individuals.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Korea?
One of the most appealing things about traveling to this East Asian country for a dental procedure is the low cost of dental implants in Korea. There are a number of things that can determine the dental implant costs in Seoul for each patient.
- The number of implants required directly determines the dental implant prices in Seoul, Korea.
- The dental preparation required (extraction of other teeth, etc.) to get ready for the implant procedure is also a factor.
- Teeth implants costs in Korea also depend on the type/material used for the teeth attached to the implants and the forms of sedation required.
Why Choose Korean Dental Implants?
- Seoul, South Korea has individuals trained in dentistry both at their own national institution and others around the world. Korean dentists are trained in the latest technologies and are careful about making the dental implant procedure safe and effective.
- The dental hospitals in Korea offer clean, safe environments that feature the top technologies.
- In the United States, dental implants are one of the most expensive dental procedures. As many supplemental insurance plans consider the installation of dental implants “cosmetic”, they do not offer coverage.
- Dental implant failure rates are low at only 8.6%, as reported by the US National Library of Medicine. With the experience in Korean dental hospitals, these rates are comparable and much lower in those under the age of 40. These failure rates also refer to the risks of same day or immediate dental implants.
- Another benefit of having the procedure in Korea is that patients can have immediate dental implants when they are required, with little to no waiting time.
As a result of high costs of dental procedures in the US, there are many individuals seeking cheap dental implants in Korea. The country’s dental hospitals have access to the same implants used in North America, so quality of care is not compromised. The costs also mean that patients can afford to pay for the dental care they require, rather than turning to financing for what they cannot afford in other countries. If you need dental implants, Seoul Korea is one destination to consider.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.