As people become more conscious about their appearance, dental crowns are starting to brand themselves as a necessity and not a mere luxury. Of course, everybody wants that perfect set of teeth for an impeccable smile. And getting dental crowns in Costa Rica offers an easy on the pocket way to achieve it.
What are Dental Crowns?
- If you are contemplating dental crown teeth restoration in Costa Rica, you would be interested in knowing that a crown is used to protect and even fix a tooth. It is also called a dental cap because it is placed at the top of the tooth.
- Since crowns are coated on the surface, these help cover discoloration and misshapes of the teeth.
- You don’t have to worry about compromising your appearance upon using crowns. Nowadays, they are available in a variety of aesthetic materials like ceramics and even precious metals like gold.
- You also have an option to use the plain porcelain crowns that blend just right with the natural color of the tooth, so no one can tell that you are using them.
- If you are thinking of getting dental crowns in Costa Rica, the first thing that you have to remember is that dental crowns are not for you if the root of your tooth is severely damaged.
- If that’s the case, you can opt for other dental procedures such as tooth inlays.
Why Choose Dental Crowns in Costa Rica?
- Dental crowns in Costa Rica are a lot cheaper compared to the treatment offered in other countries. In fact, the cost of dental crowns in Costa Rica may help you save 40%-75% of your money.
- The lower cost of oral treatments has revolutionized dental tourism in Costa Rica. According to the Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), 30,000 medical tourists went to Costa Rica for the year 2011 and brought $60M to the country. The council further states that almost 36% of the overseas patients seek dental work in Costa Rica.
- Even the insurance you’ve been paying all these years is not guaranteed to cover your expenses. So why settle for expensive treatments if there are low dental crown prices in Costa Rica?
- It boils down again to the question of money vs. quality. And it is something you don’t have to worry about. The great difference in dental work cost in Costa Rica comes from cheaper materials and labor and lower cost of living.
- Competition is also a factor. In order to operate a private dental clinic in Costa Rica, it must be really competitive and affordable enough.
- Quite a few of the dentists in Costa Rica have gained their degree from international schools and are hence, sensitive to the needs of the overseas patients.
- Another thing that you may worry about is their language. But the dentists and even the staffs in the leading dental clinics of Costa Rica are trained to speak in English. It can be well expected that you will be treated hospitably.
Dental Travel in Costa Rica – Some Pointers
Here are some tips for your trip to get teeth crowns in Costa Rica.
- To avoid conflicts with the immigration, make sure your passport is valid for at least three months.
- It saves a lot of time to research first on your prospective dental clinics in Costa Rica. Browse some testimonials of the patients and decide which clinic suits you the best.
- If you don’t want to get into the hassle of finding hotels and going around the city not knowing where to go, there are some dental clinics that offer services including airport, hotel, and hospital transfers. You may also hire a guide to make sure you wouldn’t miss a place on your vacation list.
Getting Dental Crowns in Costa Rica and Vacationing
After getting your teeth restorations in Costa Rica, it may help to immerse yourself in the country’s culture and visit some famous attractions. Some must-sees for your treatment-turned-dental vacation in Costa Rica are as follows.
- Bring out your adventurous nature by visiting the active Arenal Volcano towering at a height of 5437 feet!
- Prepare your surfing boards for the giant waves of the Tamarindo beach.
- Be relaxed in the midst of rich biodiversity of Costa Rica in the Monterverde Cloud Forest.
- If you are looking for more scenic places, visit the La Paz Waterfall garden.
- San Jose itself has a lot of things to offer. Dental clinics in San Jose top the choice of most medical tourists to Costa Rica. However, you can take some time out and visit the various museums and parks that dot the city and also be a part of walking tours to get a feel of the pulsating Costa Rican city.
Thanks to the availability of relatively affordable dental crowns in Costa Rica, you can live out your dream of having a spruced up smile and also have enough money for your perfect vacation.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Dentavacations