With the rising costs of dental care, especially in the developed parts of the world, an increasing number of people are traveling to other countries in pursuit of low-cost dental treatment. A dental holiday in Thailand could be ideal for those looking to combine their dental treatment with a rejuvenating vacation in this South East Asian country.
Medical and dental tourism in Thailand is seeing an upward trend with a number of European, Australian, and American citizens thronging the country for dental, cosmetic, orthopedic and other surgeries that they cannot afford in their own countries.
- As per a Deloitte report, nearly 1.2 million people came to Thailand for medical treatment in the year 2006, making it the number one medical tourism destination in the world.
- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) targets an ambitious 10 million medical visitors by 2015.
Thailand offers several options–you may get dental implants in Pattaya, or Phuket, or choose to travel to the city of Bangkok for full-mouth restoration. Dental work in Thailand is gaining popularity and is seeing a surge in the number of medical tourists looking for low cost treatments, some of which are:
- Getting dental implants
- Tooth whitening
- Full mouth restoration
- Dental crowns and bridges
- Complete and partial dentures
Reasons to go to Thailand for a Dental Holiday
There are a number of benefits synonymous with traveling to Thailand for undergoing dental treatments. The key advantages are as follows:
High Quality Dental Care in Thailand
- Our network dental clinics in Thailand use state-of the-art technology and latest equipment.
- Dentists and their staff are highly competent. Patients are treated by certified dentists having affiliation with various medical councils and bodies.
- Many Thai doctors can speak in English. However, if there is a communication gap, language interpreters can be arranged to ensure that the patient-doctor communication is smooth.
- A number of hospitals in Thailand have Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, and strictly adhere to its stringent safety and quality standards.
Affordable Dental Treatment
Another reason for giving thumbs up to dental holiday in Thailand is low cost dental treatments provided by the dental clinics in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket.
- Affordable dental treatment in no way means compromising with the quality of services given to patients.
- Cost of dental implants in Thailand, for example, is lower than that in the USA or the UK. High quality dental implants are available at affordable rates in Thailand.
- Dental care in Thailand is comparable to that provided by American or European dental clinics.
- Dental vacation in Thailand is a boon for a number of people lacking insurance cover.
Prompt Access to Dental Care
Long waiting period for getting an appointment with a dentist is a turn off for many. Dental clinics in Thailand are much quicker in action, and patients can expect immediate treatment.
Sightseeing in Thailand
Another factor that fuels dental tourism in Thailand is the opportunity to combine health care with sightseeing.
- Thailand is known for its scenic splendour, replete with verdant tropical islands, sun kissed beaches, and a number of World Heritage sites.
- Dental tourism in Thailand provides the medical vacationers the opportunity to rejuvenate. Thailand is known for its vibrant, rich culture and traditions. A number of beautiful monasteries are the hall mark of its architectural excellence.
- A Mecca for shopping, medical tourists can get some really cool bargains in big shopping arcades, weekend markets, and souvenir shops in Thailand.
- Fatigued travellers can also go for a very relaxing Thai massage.
- There are a number of restaurants for savouring scrumptious spicy Thai cuisine.
- Thailand is well-connected with all the major cities of the world, with fights plying at frequent intervals.
Travel Tips for Thailand
- Travelers should keep in mind the climate of Thailand while planning a trip. Climate in Thailand is primarily tropical, marked with high temperature and humidity. April and May are the quintessential summer months. The months from June to October are dominated by monsoons. The best time to visit Thailand is from November to February when it is remarkably cooler and less humid.
- There are a number of ATMs in Thailand which charge a surcharge on use of foreign ATM cards. One should also beware of counterfeit currency.
- Visitors need to carry their passports all the time in Thailand.
- Different modes of travelling in Thailand are buses, planes, trains, and taxis. Tuk-tuk, a three-wheeled vehicle, is also a popular mode of transportation.
- Avoid drinking tap water in Thailand and go for bottled water.
- It is very important to do thorough research about various dental clinics in Thailand. Patients should not be lured by dental clinics offering the cheapest dental treatments in Thailand.
- You may seek free quotes for dental crowns, bridges, or dental implants in Thailand beforehand, and also look into the hotel prices during the time you plan your trip, so as to get a fair idea of the budget for your Thailand dental trip.
A dental holiday in Thailand is a brilliant way to get affordable dental treatments and, at the same time, enjoy a great vacation in Asia. And when all of it costs lesser than the price of a single dental implant back home, it definitely becomes more tempting.
DentaVacation facilitates affordable dental treatments at various destinations across the world. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.